Vegas Odds Makers put Rodgers & Carr as Favorites to Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Rodgers odds update: https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/aaron-rodgers-next-team-odds

Jets are the favorites again, though neck in neck with the Raiders. Plus a good chance he stays with Packers, basically these are the three most likely outcomes, with the Jets the slightly likelier one. Miami is a dark horse in the race, according the bookies.

New York Jets +275 26.7%
    Las Vegas Raiders +300 25.0%
    Green Bay Packers +325 23.5%
    Miami Dolphins +550 15.4%

Looks like people overreacted yesterday making the Raiders huge favorites after some unconfirmed info.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Here is my preference for the starting 2023 quarterback of the NY Jets:

Anyone not named Wilson, White, Streveler or Flacco.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t see AR in NYC and media. I know he prefers West coast because he said that on the talk show several years ago when he was on a mess with GB.

4. bicketybam

Rodgers is not a FA. He doesn't have a no trade clause. If the Jets offer the best compensation in a trade, that's where he's going.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

For sure, we dont want a guy who doesn't want to be here

that was part of the problem last year. Wilson they are unsure if he really wants it bad enough, you dont replace him with another guy you have the same questions about

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

he can certainly dictate where he wants to go or else just retire if he doesn’t want to go to a place or team. Simple as that. Nothing to do with FA/Trade etc. he will dictate in what he wants to do. If he wants to play in NYC , and thinks the Jets are his team that’s gonna take him far and resurrect his career then so be it. The point is what and where he wants to play

7. bicketybam

What's he forgo by retiring? Anything? I think it might be something that starts with "a shit load" and ends with "money."

8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Wrong again. Allen is 6'5" and had the ability to make up for lower accuracy by running through, and away from defenders. He had more rushing touchdowns in year 2 than zach had passing touchdowns. If he got hit, it didn't matter because he was big enough to not get hurt. He could also throw the ball through a brick wall.

There were major positives that jumped off the screen even with his rookie season that made the bills rightly stick with him. He also showed improvement year 2.

Your golden boy has none of those positives.

9. bicketybam

Remind me what Buffalo has won since they've had Allen?

10. bicketybam

@Br4d will tell you the window for winning a super bowl is with a QB on their rookie contract. He's posted plenty of examples. The ship has sailed for Buffalo.

11. BrowningNagle

Yeah Allen is not perfect but to compare Zach Wilson to him is just simply disrespectful. Allen you compare to guys like Burrow, Mahomes, etc and you have a decent argument about who is better.

Wilson got outclassed significantly by Mike White a walk-on from the waiver wire

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

No Super Bowl yet but 5 playoff appearances in 6 years. Three straight AFCE titles. If the Bills defense doesn't choke in the 13 seconds game last year at KC, then the Bills probably go to the Super Bowl. That loss was on the defense not Allen. Jets fans would love to have the last 6 years that Bills fans have enjoyed. They still have to win the Super Bowl but that is not easy to do. Look how long it took Andy Reid to finally win one. Or John Elway. As fans the best we can hope for is a competitive team that can compete for a championship. There are no guarantees you win one, however. The Bills have that with Allen.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  13. bicketybam

Mahomes has a SB victory and a career passer rating of 105.7. Burrow has a passer rating of 100.4 and beat the shit out of the Bills. Allen has a career passer rating of 92.2. What's the comparison?

14. BrowningNagle

Stop responding to my posts. I have you on ignore and never respond back, yet you continue to chase me around, its pathetic. Get a life or find someone else's nuts to latch onto

15. bicketybam

I don't think the Bills ever win a SB with Allen. Close doesn't count and who is comparing them to the Jets? The Bills are the epitome of second best. If that's what pumps your nads, God bless you.

16. bicketybam

You don't have me on ignore Too much coal dust I guess.

17. BrowningNagle

I think they need fresh eyes in that building. They are actually asking too much of Allen. How many years can he be their only threat in the running game before you upgrade? If I were them I would move on from McDermott before their window closes.

They also made a huge mistake in not landing Mccaffrey, thankfully, at the trade deadline. Not sure if that got nixed by the staff or the front office but they'd be preparing for the SB now if they had the balls to make that move (even with a coaching staff that I think is flawed)

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am a Jets fan but if the Bills don't win it's because the roster around him is overrated. Take a look at the offense. With the exception of Allen and Diggs name a player that opposing HC's and DC's really worry about. Their defense isn't as good as their ranking. Whenever they face a good team with a good QB they get destroyed. CIN, KC, this year, Tampa, TEN, INDY last year as examples. That's not Allen's fault.

abyzmul and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. bicketybam

And I never said it was. My point is the Bills won't be any better than their 90's counterpart and they might not even achieve that.

20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This makes zero sense. The Jets need to go full tilt on every qualified quarterback who is available especially when every team and their brother needs a new QB. Sure, the cold weather thing, but, I will take Carr's durability over Garoppolo's vulnerability to injuries every time.

azhar80 and BrowningNagle like this.