Unsung Jet Hero Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vilmatic, Oct 9, 2009.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm gonna go with the guy that I've hated so much in previous years, and has shown to be decent to solid coming off the bench. That is Drew Coleman. He's been making some plays and hasn't allowed receivers to burn him badly. He's def been holding down the fort considering last year when teams would throw his way on 3rd and a mile and it would automatically be considered a 1st down.

So to Drew Coleman, keep getting better and hold it down for our depleted 2nd-ary. I'm glad you're still on the team. Now don't make me regret making this post, fucker.

2. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Brandon Moore might be our best offensive linemen

3. 624

624 Banned

I don't know if you type faster, I just didn't open this thread until after you did typed it. :smile:

4. 624

624 Banned

Mangold is our best lineman, you can make an argument after him.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i loved strickland before he got injured, he was amazing. hopefully he's back soon.

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I like your pick, and agree for sure. I'd also throw Lowery in there as an unsung guy so far this season. A lot of people here were very doubtful of him after his rookie season, but during Sheppard and Strickland's injuries, he and Coleman both stepped in and held it down. Along with E. Smith, these guys have really shown that our depth in the backfield is solid.

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Amazing what a little coaching can do, huh?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Devito has been very good in rotation. On the goal line stand against the Saints, the 2rd down stop was all Devito. He shot the gap quickly and got Evans around the waist and completely stopped his forward progress. The tackle was given to Leonhard, but Jimmy never would have been able to stop that guy on initial contact.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's like night and day. Everyone just seems to be playing their heart out.

10. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

mike westoff, always

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Second on Drew Coleman. This is guy we all universally hated last year and he has been solid coming off the bench.

12. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Definitely not for his WR skills, but I would nominate Brad Smith as a special teamer. I feel like he won the tennessee game by holding down that returner rather than going for the ball on the muffed punt. It allowed us to get the fumble and get back into the game. It would be great if he were a better WR, but he's been an outstanding ST player for a long time now.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Jim Leonhard and Brandon Moore. Leonhard doesn't get enough love and Moore has always been consistent and is still getting better.

14. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

this thread makes me love the jets. i really feel so great about these individual guys and how theyre playing together as a team

15. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

Eric Smith has looked amazing this season. Whenever they have him on the field, he is right around the ball.

Call it a reach but I would like to mention our 1st round pick from last season who I still think is gonna bust. Gholston stepped in for pace and did a job that exceeded at least some expectations. Jets nation gasped whenwe heard about pace getting suspended. Even though he wasn't getting sacks, I saw him drawing double teams when he's rushing the passer. He's opening up plays for guys like Jenkins, Harris, and Scott. He shouldn't go without any consideration.

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Lowery was the other guy I was thinking, but ALL the guys mentioned have improved greatly this year.

I hate to darkside it, BUT JCo and Bryan Thomas both could have gotten the same award the first year under Molegini, so I just hope this is a "good coach" effect and not a "new coach" effect. We'll see.

17. jnjoewilly

jnjoewilly New Member

great post. the guy walks on water & rarely gets mentioned

18. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

hands down Eric Smith/Bryan Thomas for the same reasons as previously mentioned

19. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

It looks like everybody on defense has played well. Is there one defensive player that has not played as well or better than he was expected?

20. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Y'all have mentioned anyone I would have thought of, but how about the JET FANS?

I have criticized them for years for the stadium being half empty at kickoff, etc. etc. etc., but I'm feeling something very different, even from my couch, this year.

You guys at the stadium have been better than I could have hoped this year, and I don't think it is exaggerating to say our fans played a significant role in beating the Pats a few weeks ago. Those delay of games were big plays, created by our fans!

Keep it up!!!