Unsubstantiated Cimini rumor: 11 for 21 and Rasual Douglas

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 23, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I believe you, I just don't see it anywhere. Only the ominous Dillard tweet. This is the first time being blocked by Manish has affected me negatively.

twown and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

In Rosemans predraft presser he specifically said tell joe Douglas to call me when asked about a move up.

3. BroadwayAaron

Yup. There's quite a bit of smoke here. If we are getting 21, a third and a starting LT then I can live with it for sure. Three 3rds gives you ammo to get back into the end of the first or top of the second.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why ominous? Isn't Dillard a very good LT? Would it be #11 for Dillard straight up?

5. BroadwayAaron

The tweet itself is ominous, not Dillard. All he said was "Hey Jets fans Andre Dillard is pretty good" with a picture of him.

Can't speak to Dillard being a good LT really. He ended up moving to RT when healthy. I do remember some stuff about him getting snippy with reporters.

6. FJF

And most importantly, Justin Jefferson.
    And still looking at the 9ers 31 pick. I’ll over draft in the bottom of first for that 5th year of control of it takes out 2 and one of the 3s

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Eagles lost Malcolm Jenkins in free agency. Maybe they are in the Adams hunt. #21 and Dillard would be right in the value wheel for Adams.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Depends on who is there. What 2nd round prospect would they reach on? Uche?

They want to trade up for Lamb. Adams won't and shouldn't be involved.

9. FJF

Ruiz is possible there, maybe Diggs if you want to go corner.

10. NCJetsfan

I just don't get that. One extra year is not going to make as much difference as getting another quality starter.

11. NCJetsfan

I don't Ruiz is going to be available anywhere near the 48th pick. I think he's going in the 20s.

12. FJF

I was talking with San Francisco 31. I’ve seen him in that range .

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What would you be trading to get the 49'ers 31st pick, and what would you get in return?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. FJF

It’s not realistic to think your going to hit on a 2 and 3 3s or have room for a 9 man draft on the roster . using a pick to gain some cap flexibility while also giving your self a better choice of talent isn’t a bad idea.

15. NCJetsfan

With the holes and paltry talent level the Jets have, there is certainly room for a 9-man draft on the roster. Even if one doesn't hit on the 2nd round and all three 3rd round picks, having them increases one's chances of getting at least 2, if not 3 starters and/or key backups. That imo is certainly more important than gaining a little cap flexibility for one year. Cap flexibility can be gained in a number of ways, so that is the least important consideration imo. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

16. FJF

I’ve been pushing the idea(not mine ,won’t take credit) of sending our 2 and a 3 for the 31. My original take was take the best receiver at 11 and come back up for a tackle before a run in the 2nd tier starts Friday night. If this trade was to go through it be a bit different if we were to land Jefferson with the 21 and Dillard so really would depend on what’s there.

Red Menace and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I'm not trading a pick or multiple picks to get a player that's not a generational talent and/or doesn't play one of the 3 prime positions (QB, LT and Edge). Besides, we already have McGovern at C, and there are no guarantees that Ruiz would be any better. That would be wasting draft capital imo. I could maybe understand trading up to #31 if we missed out on the top 3 OTs, Douglas doesn't like #4, we couldn't trade down to get Josh Jones, and Ezra Cleveland was still sitting there at #31. That would be the only way I'd trade up.

18. FJF

McGovern can play guard .

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't want to speak for FJF, but I think this is what he's talking about: where Douglas isn't able to get what he's looking for at #11 or in another trade back scenario. I don't think I'd want to do this, but if there was a really good player who had fallen because of the earlier run on other talent, then I'd consider it, especially if it was for an OL (a C, OG, or OT not necessarily an OT). This would be predicated on having gotten an elite WR at 11, so that the chances would be very good of getting an additional starting caliber WR with the next (3rd round) pick. Again, not my preferred route, but as you said before, we have to trust Douglas.

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Normally, I wouldn't trade up for an OG or C. Unless one already has a great team (that's already a playoff team) save for one position (be it OG, C, CB, RB, whatever), imo there are only 3 positions that I would ever trade up for: QB, LT, and Edge. If I had that playoff team but just couldn't seem to find a good enough player at that one position (whatever it is) and thought a specific player at that position would put me over the top, I'd trade up in that situation.