Underestimating the bills.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NJGREEN, Jul 31, 2012.

1. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

This is the best thread ever....carry on...

2. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

That Bills D got torn apart by RG3 eh?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the Bills starters were out by the time RGIII got going? Not sure.

4. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Uhhhhh.......our starter played the first 2 series only

Drive#1 - 3 plays 3yds gained = punt
    Drive#2 - 3 plays 9yds gained = fumble recovered by Bills

After we rotated most of our dline and LBs out........they scored.

5. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Saving our best stuff for September 9th. :)

6. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

TBH, I don't put any stock into ANY teams pre-season, especially week 1. While it is reason for concern that Fitz again showed inconsistency, he is working on his mechanics, and those things don't work themselves out by the first pre-season game. He'll be lucky to work it out fully by next season.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

the bills always save their best stuff for early on in the season.

8. feldspar

feldspar Member

Wow, you guys bring trash talk to a new level here. If I didn't know any better, I'd figure a couple of you are just plain assholes. What you are really doing is underestimating the Bills, like the OP talked about.

You gonna base this whole thing on history? Guess what? The Bills and Jets were formed in the same year. The Bills have more regular season wins. They have more playoff games and more playoff wins. We have more wins, even after 12 straight years of suckage.

Congratulations on winning the Super Bowl in the 60's. You are AT LEAST approaching senior citizen territory now if that game meant anything to you at the time. Congratulations on that too. Perhaps you should congratulate the Bills for TWO Championship WINS in a league your team was in as well.

It's a new day, my friends. The Jets are relevant in mainly negative ways outside of New Jersey, if you haven't noticed that. Are good things being said about you guys?

Am I saying the Bills will be great? No, but good things are being said about them for a reason. We'll see if that translates on the field. To me, the wildcard will be the QB play.

Hanging your hat on two recent Championship game appearances is a big mistake. The Colts laid down to you, without which you don't even have a winning record, let alone even making the playoffs the first time. Last year, you are 7-9 if Stevie Johnson doesn't drop a sure TD pass at the end of the second Bills/Jets game...same record as the Bills would have had. It was that close. Ole Rexy could easily have had just one winning season as coach without this luck.

Sure, the Jets made the most of their opportunities once that got in, which is admirable. But you can't hang your hat on that. The Patriots sucked for a long time too...most teams have. The Bills won't stay down forever. They are building a decent roster as we speak.

The Jets are not world-beaters IMO. This should be a good game to start out the year. Good luck, and I don't mean that.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^This is a Jets message board. What do you expect? I wouldn't expect to go to a Pats or Phins forum and discuss the Jets without people talking crap about the team. Why even bother? For being one of the worst teams in the division for the last decade, Bills fans have egos the size of Canada. How many superbowls have you won again? Oh yeah, that's right. NONE. Your right to talk shit ends on that fact.

There were many plays last year that could have changed things. Dwelling on them is stupid. We could have been 10-6 if not for 2 botched plays. Shoulda coulda woulda... It doesn't matter. What's matters is 9/9.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I see the Bills cut Merriman, presumably to nobody's surprise.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lol. I love how on the Bills board he was talked about like he was going to make a big impact this year. A finally healthy and ready Merriman!

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

yup, except all the Bills fans on here pumping him up like he's going to be a great piece to their defense this year. LMAO!

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    RT @JayGlazer Bills have informed Shawne Merriman that they are releasing him today.

13. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Who was the dude on here that was saying Merriman is going to be his old Charger self this season?

14. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Would have been nice. However, its not like we need him with Anderson and Mario. He wasn't going to start for us anyways. Just be a situational pass rusher. He obviously has lost a step and I am not even sure he will catch on anywhere.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Are you going to say the same thing about Mario Williams in two years?

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You mean like Aaron Maybin? The Jets should sign this guy just to prove how incompetitant the Bills front office is with pass rushers.

17. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

What? How does the front office have anything to do with Merriman sucking on the field. They took a gamble and it failed. Oh well. Also, our current front office has no ties to Maybin which is part of the reason he was cut. The fact that you are getting production out of him has nothing to do with front office and everything to do with coaching.

18. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

No because we didn't pay Merriman 100 million dollars. No really expected anything out of. It was a low risk, high reward situation. Not a big deal he got cut. On the other hand, if Mario busts, we are in trouble. It could cripple our franchise with so much money tied up in him.

19. feldspar

feldspar Member

^^ LOL, WTF are you talking? The Jets released Maybin too...in the preseason. They resigned him around week 4, if I remember right. Don't get ahead of yourself with him either. Yeah, he has arrived...

THIS Bills front office has seen only TWO seasons play out. The team was a mess. This Bills front office just brought in a couple of decent pass rushers at DE. We took a flyer on Merriman, and it didn't work out. You should know that the Bills planned on playing him at DE after a switch to the 4-3, too.

Buddy Nix helped draft Merriman, and that looked great for a while.

"Incompetence with pass rushers." LOL.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was including coaches with front office. You answered your own question, however. The job of the FO is to put the right talent in positions to succeed. Everyone was all over the Jets front office over Gholston. Just a little jab to the gut, that's all.