Underestimating the bills.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NJGREEN, Jul 31, 2012.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Or weren't willing to compete with that rediculus contract you gave a player who has a questionable injury history.

2. VernonGholston

VernonGholston New Member

The Bills badly needed a pass rusher. I'd rather overpay than try a motivate a guy like Coples, who couldn't get motivated with millions on the line. Also, I'd rather over pay a DE than pay a gloried #2 receiver what you are paying Holmes. Everyone is overpaid but you should over pay linemen.

3. RochesterJet

Either way it's desperation; the jets were/are desperate for a wr and the Bills are desperate to be relevant. The Coples comment is pure horseshit...

4. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

He got paid what he's worth. A 27 year old pro bowl 6'6 290lb DE that can play both the run and rush the passer..........I would say thats the going rate for a player of his caliber. Just think about the money you guys gave Revis...........a CB that can only impact a defense so much. Revis may very well be the best CB in the game.........but if you run a spread offense with 4 and 5 wide.......all he can do is take away one player. A DE can do alot more for a defense then a CB can.

5. foreboding

foreboding Member

To be fair we are not talking about 14 years from now, just 2012. He will be as good as last year.

6. BuffaloBills06

Desperation? Desperation is signing an always injured safety and banking on him playing a full 16.............desperation is trading for an always injured RT to take the place of the incubant guy that cant pass protect to save his life! Instead of drafting an OT in the 1st round Rex grabbed a DE with work ethic, motivational issues and limited pass rush moved hoping he could be a miracle worker. Desperation is reaching for a WR in the 2nd round that ran one route and one route only in college and hoping he can take over the #2 spot instead of signing a proven guy that can do more then run straight up the field as fast as he can!

7. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Yes, and Merriman will be as good as he was in 2006.

8. RochesterJet

Desperation is coming to a web site of an opposing divisional rival (if you call it that, as traditionaly rivalrys are COMMPETITIEVE games!) trying to validate the Bills suddent rash of free spending. Desperation is a dying man trying to make his team relevant again by overpaying for a back-up trigger man, a former grocery bagger RB coming off a broken leg (at 31 mind you), overpaying for a DE that has had 1 or 2 good years and another that was labeled a bust his entire career (not to mention overpaying for Brad Smith last year). Desperation is moving one game a year to Toronto so you can attract "regional" fans so your not forced to move to LA or have NYS fund a new facility in Buffalo.

Who's is your #2 receiver? What does your defensive backfield look like? WHO IS YOUR QB? Who on you offensive line is stable, do they even have a full season together?

*Desperation is all of these moves (by Bills fans and their owner). Bills fans because they actually believe they are close to being .500 for the 1st time in almost a fucking decade. Ownership because they open their wallets to large for marginal players. Hang in there fella, but don't come on this site pretending the shit in your pants is gold, it's not it's just SHIT!

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you Bills fans have no response to this one? I'm shocked.

10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I may be wrong but I think the Bills are getting a little overhyped for a team that has finished last in the division 4 years running. Would it surprise me if they had a good year, not really i guess but I'm leaning to them winning 7 or 8 games.

Besides, if Fitzpatrick doesn't do well this year, at least he can fall back on his already budding acting career!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BuffaloBills06

Where do I start.......

#1 - Fred Jackson before his injury was leading the NFL in all purpose yards. He didn't have a broken leg.......he broke a bone in his leg and he was completely healed when he took his exit physical.

#2 - Mario Williams has been productive every season not just 2..........you'd be an idiot to think he's some kind of 1-2 year wonder(typical Jets fan)

#3 - Mark Anderson was a 5th round pick.........when are 5th rd picks ever considered bust?!?!?! He fits into Wanny's scheme perfectly and will be in a rotation which benefits him.

#4 - We run a spread offense........we dont need a #2 WR. The Jets #2 is who again?!?!?

#5 - That whole Toronto/LA talk........what does that have to do with talking about what these teams are gonna do on the field? That seems to be a cop out for Jets fans when they cant make a good point........"Have fun in Toronto/LA"..........is that the best you can do sheesh?

12. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Michael Jordan went 4 of 8 from the free throw line one game in the finals against the Jazz. I once went 6 of 8 from the free throw line in 9th grade against a division rival.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The terrible analogy is so flawed I don't even know where to begin. In fact, I'm not even going to justify it by picking apart the obvious.

:rolleyes:

14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Seems fitting to me. Maybin is better then Mario and I'm better then Michael Jordan.

Sorry son, but you just been schooled courtesy of the Physco. Next.......

15. RochesterJet

With all your talking I really cant wait for week one! But after the Jets win we will get the typical Bills fan excuse of why they lost (refs, play calling, whatever you guys come up with after 9 STRAIGHT LOSING SEASONS). Explaining why the Bills are so pathetic to a bills fan is like trying to teach a paraplegic how to walk...you just can't do it.

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Bills will be Bills...looking forward to humbling them and their faggot cheerleader Jim Kelly

17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

How is getting a WR with raw talent that isn't polished desperation? If anything, that shows a certain level of PATIENCE and willingness to develop talent. Go back to Duffs or something:

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I see you struggle with reading comprehension, logic, and probably life in general.

Where did anyone ever claim that Maybin is better than Mario?

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^^^
    Got it.

And really.....what section in Yonkers (if any) do you 'really' hail from?
    I seriously have doubts about your supposed 'location'.

#99 joe, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  20. BuffaloBills06

You do know the human leg consist of 30 bones each.........right?:eek:hmy:

I'm from Southwest........but live in lower Westchester now........any more questions?