Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol. Yeah okay Booz. Bringing Amari Cooper into a comparison for a third round pick is grown up talk. Hahaha

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Would you prefer Vernon Gholston? Kyle Brady? or Roger Vick?

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It just makes no sense to not take a RB of the future in Dalvin Cook.

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This board sounds a lot like NE's board when Billy took not one but two TE's high. And like that some kids names Gronkoswki and Hernandez were tearing up the NFL in ways the NFL had never seen, making Billy look like some genius.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Talk about a fucking drama queen, dude.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Maybe these type of fans should check out why we have been shit for this long then, a sticking plaster approach season on season has got us nowhere, it is time to cut loose and rebuild properly, if these fans are so short sighted as to be unable to wait 4 or 5 seasons after waiting since season 3 for a repeat trip to the superbowl then god help them.

As for the second part, I don't think anybody was calling it a rebuild last season or the season before but hopefully somebody at the organisation will have the balls to see it through and rebuild from the ground up and we should hopefully see some rewards after a lifetime of penance.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Honestly I don't think there guys were selected with the intention of defending the deep ball. Bowles defensive philosophy is extreme pressure. All the deep balls the Jets gave up last year had to do with generating very little pressure outside of the Bengals game. The entire secondary was a leaking faucet so linebackers had to fall back to help out in this area.

My theory is they want to lock down the short to intermediate range in order to crank up the quantity of blitzes and defeat the deep ball via getting to the QB.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

while im skeptical on the 2nd round pick, the bottom line is this team is in a rebuild. they took the best player on their board. yes calvin is technically on the team but that may not be the case come week 1. and if he is, great he is then in a rotation. folks, remember, we are NOT looking to compete for a playoff spot this year. this team is looking to put building blocks in place, this year, and build on it next year. based on what we've seen it seems this team has a 3 year plan.

it might not have been a sexy pick in the 2nd round, but who cares. the team shouldn't draft so that fans have something to talk about on a message board.

Let's wish Adam and Maye the best of luck as a tandem, and let's hope we just drafted a major 1 - 2 punch back there at safety.

BTW, I in no way shape or form mind the fact that the Jets didn't draft a QB in this draft for 2 reasons.
    1) The QBs in this draft suck
    2) I've been of the mind, that given we are rebuilding we should see what we have in Hack. Sink or swim. If he sucks that bad we are drafting #1 overall heading into a QB loaded draft, and the Jets move on. If he flashes and shows that he is the guy, we know what we have moving forward.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree, and I am still skeptical on the Maye pick when they could've taken Marcus Williams from Utah, who is also a deep single high safety. It would've been nice to have a guy that has a lot of experience playing that role with ball hawking skills. Are we going to continue to put these corners out on an island? Bowles not only needs to do a better job utilizing the defensive lineman, but now he's going to have his work cut out for him in the secondary too.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I wanted Cook there too. But perhaps the Jets think Powell can step into a larger role. He has shown he can the last couple of years. Plus, we did nab a couple of mid round RBs.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

By having two similar safeties you could in theory mask your intentions. Adams + single high safety means you just need to know where Adams is in order to avoid that spot. With Adams + Maye, theoretically, the deep ball is more vulnerable but it will be less apparent what each safety is up to on a given play forcing the QB to make a better read or pay the price for it.

We'll see how that goes in reality but I'm guessing that's the idea.

Also Adams seems capable of filling the FS role if necessary even though it isn't his strength. He'll never look like Malik Hooker but he shouldn't have to.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You can indeed mask your intentions, it does look like Maye is going to be the Free Safety of this team while Adams will play his primary strong safety role [being around the ball making plays]. Both interchangeable. One of the knocks about Maye was his struggles in terms of moving backwards, he will need to improve that aspect for sure.

I just hope we can put an end to the deep ball because it's been killing us.

blackssmagic and boozer32 like this.
  14. boozer32

A rebuild would be great if we had a competent coach. With the Gm you have to wait a few years to see what his draft picks will do. But a coach should at least have his players lined up right and in the right defense, should know how to adjust. But Bowles looked inept last year. I can deal with a rebuild but your team looking sloppy is unacceptable.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. boozer32

That is where they can run into problems. Adams is not a FS and the Jets should not play him there. That is why Pryor looked lost this year playing free safety. Let Adams be Adams play in the box and wreck things.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

and we have had the worst qb play for like a decade, have no tackles, no skill players worth a damn.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I do recall McCown killing us until he decided on a career change and began flying helicopters!
    We may have been competitive if we chose Cook. Not saying McGuire wont be good, because every drafted player is 50/50 in my opinion, we know Cook's resume is better.
    If their focus is character over talent, i can accept that, just make it clear and be consistent.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've been a fan for 55 years, since they were the Titans. I think I've shown more patience than Job. That said, I do understand that you can't rebuild the team overnight, but at the same time it doesn't mean you just add "building blocks" without some plan. Taking two safeties with the first two picks smacks of simply following the BPA Bible, without regard to highest need. Maybe Macc has a plan, and it will all work out, but I think "Spreading the love" to include offense with a premium pick or two would be a refreshing change from their focus on "D" which hasn't made them into contenders despite the investment. Asking me (and other long-suffering fans) to trust that Macc & Co. know what they're doing, and are headed in the right direction is a big ask, especially since they've actually REGRESSED since Macc took over. Maybe he's seen the light, and has a good plan now - I truly hope so - but giving him a blank check of trust is more than I'm willing to sign for.

tbruner12 likes this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

At least you have seen them win something though, think of the poor souls that come along after and racked up years and years of waiting, 1983ish for myself and that all the way from the UK.

I don't know what plan they have but all I know is they can't carry on with the way they have done it for the last 20 years or so, yes we have had a couple of nearly teams but ultimately we have been nowhere near success in all reality.

Now some may take umbrage that some gobby Englishman posts stuff about your national game and team, wtf does he know, he never spends a dime or nickel on the team, no season ticket for him, it is easy for him to say, get down and support the team through the rebuild, he watches games on illegal streams etc etc and they would be right but at the end of the day I am just as much a fan as anybody and have been for 34 years, hardly a glory hunter am I lol :rolleyes:

tbruner12 likes this.
  20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they don't play like the fans want either. Sad but true. LOL

tbruner12 and NYJETS4life24 like this.