Two Interceptions/Pereira is a joke

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crutchfield, Oct 31, 2010.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Pereira is a joke

LAMOing at Fox's pathetic "Command Center." Let me get this straight - Fox hires the NFL's officiating spin doctor to give in game excuses for the bad calls the officials make? No way in hell that the Keller catch/interception was a legit call.

Next time I buy a badly made cheap product from the Home Shopping Network and have a gripe, I'll look forward to seeing a live shot from the network's command center, with the product manufacturer's talking head telling America why the company's -- made in Bangladesh by blind crippled child laborers -- product is top quality and everyone who is angry needs to trust that the company would never try to screw the customer.

Fuck you Pereira. Fuck you Fox.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah fuck Fox and their shitty HD

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah I agree Pereira can choke on a horse cock.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Also fuck those stupid ass dancing robots.

5. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Pereira is no longer an employee of the NFL but he sure acts like he is. In fact, his commentary for FOX, as a FOX employee, sounds no different than when he represented the NFL in explaining calls on the NFL Network.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Worst game of officiating since the Ravens game.
    The officiating has become appalling in the NFL.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Our offense was the biggest joke of the day. I didn't understand those calls, but they weren't why we lost.

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree it isn't why the Jets lost, but I'm sick of the networks and that fuckwad covering up for the shitty officiating.

Nothing to see here! Move along!

It's a joke.

9. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

He's an ass and the guy who replaced him might be even worse.

Oh and I'm glad the refs had that emergency meeting to crack down on bad officiating. Can you imagine how bad the calls would have been if they hadn't? Yeesh.

10. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

+1

filler

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I didn't think he was defending the bad officiating as much as he defended the rule about challenges which apparently from how he explained it the Jets shouldn't have been able to do based on the rules and what they were challenging.

Where I have a gripe is how he failed to mention how there is anyway possible that the Cotch play could have been ruled a pick when it was clear from the initial play as well as the replay evidence that he never had the reception.

12. Barry the Baptist

What pisses me off is how the NFL adds all these new rules in each year, either illegal contact or hitting a defenseless WR or now hitting too hard yet each year they fail to address the shitty officiating that has already ruined one SB and in the case of the Chargers a few years ago nearly cost them a playoff birth.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Maybe, but everytime we got something going for us, it ended up in a turnover/int.

14. Barry the Baptist

Maybe only because we're not Packers fans but that no call on Drew Coleman was shit. They probably should have at the very least called illegal contact.

15. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Agree with everything you said. It seems like the the refs favor certain teams. When was the last time the Patriots had calls going against them? It never happens. You look at the last two games the Jets played and it's impossible that the Broncos and Packers never held once while they call the most BS penalties against the Jets. And FOX jumps in defending the refs. The refs can make all the bad calls they want and never get fired. I really believe that the game is fixed now. Let me see a string of bad calls against the Patriots and against the Jets opponents from now on. If the game isn't fixed that should have already happened this season and the past seasons.

16. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

I think Rex even alluded to the officiating today, especially concerning the holds called against the Jets and none called against Green Bay. Not to say the holding calls against the Jets were wrong - on fact, I think they were legit, more the fact that as many here saw and commented on the game thread, guys on the Jets D-line were all but being tackled right in front of the refs and not a single hold was called against the GB line. Rex said more or less during his news conference after the game that he didn't understand how GB didn't get called once on offense for holding and that he wanted to "look at the tapes again" to understand why the disparity.

As for the BS interception calls, the Jets were screwed on the calls themselves, but the fact that Pereira said there was no way (as per the rules) to overturn the calls through replay tells me - 1. Then the refs shouldn't have permitted the first review at all (thus saving the Jets a time out and/or challenge); 2. Going forward, as said, Rex and company should tell his DBs to rip the ball out of opposition receivers' hands every single chance they get - be it on the ground, after a whistle, etc.; 3. the NFL's replay rule has to be modified for "simultaneous catch" situations. Those two "interceptions" were a joke.

Finally, in at least three of the games this season we have seen the officiating "breaks" not break even, on a number of some incredibly obvious calls. So much so, that some folks have claimed (sometimes not half-kidding) an NFL conspiracy against the Jets. I think that is taking things way to far, however, I do think that the profile the Jets have taken these past two seasons had rubbed the NFL establishment (including the officials) the wrong way. Accordingly, I think that has resulted in this team not being targeted by the officials, as much as not getting the benefit of the doubt that a lot of other teams seemingly get (see NE, PIT, MIA).

So, what are the Jets to do? They aren't going to tone down their coach or their "swagger." Instead, they should go through the tapes (if they haven't already) and see if our perception (Jets getting more than their fair share of BS calls compared to their opponents) is fact, and if it is, put the NFL on the defensive. Risk the fine from the NFL - because these calls are going to cost the Jets far more in the long run in terms of not making the playoffs, no home playoff games, etc.

This all said, the Jets did get royally screwed again by the zebras today (although, they got a break on the PI non-call against Coleman), but 95% of today's loss is on the Jets' shoulders - in particular the offense. My concern about the officiating thus far with respect to this season and this team is more a fear that we will see more of this unless someone from the organization calls them out, and such officiating is going to cost this team at least a couple more games.

#36 fggrimes, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  17. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I hear this a lot. We didn't lose the game because of the bad calls. Or we lost because the receivers dropped a lot of balls or we could not run the ball. Are the NFL refs taught to go against the team that is not playing well? They are supposed to follow the rules. How can you be sure that if those interceptions were never called like it should have been that the Jets don't win the game? Everything counts, the way a team plays and the bad calls going against you or in your favor. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a string of BS calls in favor of the Jets.

18. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Exactly. They get their officiating big wigs to do PR b/c it's a problem that's now impossible to ignore, but they haven't made any effort to remedy it. And they add new rules every year to make matters worse.

19. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

It's a shame for the Kid they they are counted at Ints.

20. grayburn

grayburn Member

The calls were definite bullshit but I agree with wsw that our offense cost us the game, the officials may have hurt, but not as bad as our play.