Tuiasosopo to Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinsjets, Mar 22, 2007.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I could care less if the Jets signed Petro to be our 3rd string QB...Let him throw to the Wallace Wrights, Dante Ridegways(Back then), and whatever 7th round won't make the team in some preseason games...

I'm never gonna see him in the game anyway.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I believe the correct answer is who cares.

LOL this is 3 pages (max out the posts allowed on the page) about a back up QB that will never ever see the field unless Mangini asks him to find the divets in the turf.

#102 Miamipuck, Mar 22, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He stunk in Oakland in 2003 when they still had Lincoln Kennedy and Barrett Robbins. The Oakland line isn't very good right now but Tui was bad regardless of who was in front of him.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm surprised by this, would've rather just had b. smith be 3rd stringer.

5. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

totally agree!

6. phatnols

phatnols Member

as many people said, what 3rd stringer actually plays?
    Clemens was a 2nd rnd pick so if we signed a Kerry Collins or Aaron Brooks that would be a red flag that he could be a bust

about Carr
    he wont be cheap he will still command about 2-3 mil a year and multiple yrs
    and probably incentives if he starts games it could be up to 5-6 mil a yr
    and he will cost a draft pick(who knows what it will be probably 5-7)

for a backup no
    for a 1 or 2 year starter(say you draft a QB 3rd rnd) I would go for him if you have crap as starters(we dont fit that bill)

this is a decent signing, yeah I like Rattay better than Toui also, but that is like saying I like Cauliflower better than Brussell Spouts they both suck and are cheap. or I can get Caviar Carr which is expensive and can be unenjoyable also.
    there were no Steak dinners in this FA class

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Because John Abraham was playing for a contract. I was at that game, Ty Law had a big day, too. It was a good day for self serving individuals.

8. Surge40

Surge40 New Member

A 3rd string QB with starting experience. He's seen alot of film on alot of players in this league already. All this means is we're not drafting a late round QB. The guy will probably be inactive for half the games as the team will put smith 3rd on the depth chart like they did this yr numerous times.

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

This guy sux. The only thing he can do well is to bring Chad and Kellen some gatorade...

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

No doubts that Nall is the league's #1 #3.

11. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Not really. He came into the KC game after Gannon was knocked out and came one inch away from taking them into overtime. Then the next week he injured his knee in the first quarter. I liked him in Washington, and I liked him when the Raiders drafted him. I still think he could've been okay if the Raiders had stuck with a more west coast approach on offense. Turner's scheme was bad for him and Shell's scheme would have been bad for any QB.

The guy is a total team player, works hard, never complains, and has second round talent. What do you want out of a #3?

12. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

If NE wins the SB this season partly due to A.Thomas and the other signings, you will finally understand!

A #3 QB should be able to mentor our young, raw #2 QB. Our new #3 is a joke. Even the QB starved RAIDERS did not want him but we did. Wow! We saved a few bucks by cutting RAMSEY, who has much more experience then TUI and is a better QB. I suppose money saved is all that is necessary for the JETS with their 1.6 BILLION dollar shared stadium. Gee and I thought that the objective was to win a SB.

13. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Come on now. First of all it is not a QB's job to mentor other QBs, that is the job of the QB coach. A. Thomas or not, if Brady gets hurt, the Pats aint winning the SB as we all know. If you want to root for a team that trys to blow all their money on FAs there is always the skins. If you root for them you will always be happy this time of year...it would just be December you would need to worry about.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hah! Jeaux is in the fray, all this thread needs is a little bit of junc versus champ and my 14 page prediction will be easily met.

15. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

You callin' me Jeaux???

16. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't know what they were thinking on this one. I don't think you could pick a worse backup if you tried.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jacksonville and Tampa Bay have better 3s for sure.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:smile: Sorry NJ! I saw jeaux mentioned and then I was skimming the thread and saw silver and black. Serves me right for not reading. Maybe if you'd post me some heights and weights and 40 times I could get a little Softcore Jeaux from you. :wink:

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Are you people seriously still bitching about the #3 QB? Give me a break already, do you really think having Ramsey there instead of Tui was going to put us over the top to win a SB?

If the #3 QB sees the field, and I don't care if it was Tui, Ramsey, or the postman, then the Jets have bigger trouble than winning games. Because it would mean that Penny and Clemens went down and the Oline collapsed, OR the Jets are getting blown out on a regular basis.

Yeah, the 3rd stringer is there to mentor the other QBs when the other QBs are wet behind the ears. Not when you have a vet QB like Penny on the roster. I would much rather Clemens spend his time learning and following Penny around, than getting advice from Ramsey or Tui.

Honestly people, the is the #3 QB, who really gives a damn?! He is just there to lead the practice squad, and to be a warm body incase of a worst case scenario. The only skills needed for that job is to be alive.

20. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Now I wish they had brought back Vinny. Tiasosussososopo is GARBAGE. Oh well, as long as nothing happens to Chad or Kellens.