True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I would bet on it being Kaylee. It’s really the only thing that makes any sense imo. People are speculating a dispute at a frat house (including ethan and xana)etc…. I don’t see it. That would be a fist fight, people don’t throw away their lives over a dispute. This was very personal. And I think 3 of the kids were in just the absolute wrong position, and became collateral. I also think that if it were personal toward Kaylee, the killer would also have a ton of anger toward maddie seeing her as a wedge.

2. typeOnegative13NY

Another thing that stands out to me more now, are those phone calls… to the ex, between approx 220-250 am. I’m sure it’s all examined, but I would want to know what the recent call history was. Broken up, were they talking daily? Was it a regular thing to be calling at that time? Why calls from Both girls phones, almost frantically trying to get in touch with him , right before they are killed.

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Did you guys see the Friday the 13th pattern of the Oregon, Washington, and now Idaho unsolved stabbings in bed? I think we have a "buffalo Bill" type psycho on the loose who plans meticulously--we're fucked.

The house was chosen based on its address 1122. November 2022. Friday the 13th.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Wasn't the one in Washington 23 years ago?

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t doubt that, but why not kill the other two? It got too risky and maybe the potential serial killer got spooked?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The wedge idea has been thrown around a lot. The ex knew Maddie as long as he knew Kaylie, since 6th grade. If Maddie was a key in the breakup it would explain a lot.

I keep seeing reports that he was 6 hours away from the crime scene. That's an alibi if it was true any time after 11pm or so. 4 hours at 90mph would have gotten him there by 3am. 4 hours at 90mph would have had him home by 8am, earlier than the call to 911 by a wide margin.

Things I would add to the checklist at this point: how many miles did he have at his last tuneup? How many does he have now? Who is willing to say they laid eyes on him at home between 11pm and 8am? Did any of *his* neighbors notice anything unusual that evening around his place?

It's also becoming more and more important to figure out what the likely motive was because the circumstances of the crime are just strange. Could this have been a planned massacre that intentionally excluded the downstairs sleepers? How do you make that one make sense? If you can figure that out then maybe you can find your murderer. Could this have been a chance murder spree where the murderer did not know there were people asleep downstairs and passed by them without ever going downstairs? This would steer you towards somebody latching on to Kaylee and Maddie in their travels and then following home and killing.

The fact that 4 people were murdered and 2 slept through it puts this squarely in a profilers wheel house. You put maybe a half dozen profilers on the same case independently with the same information without having them share info with each other and see where they land on the likely perpetrator spectrum. Angry young man is a very different perp than traveling psychopath. Angry young man could also be close (ex), directed (guy trying to hit on them all night at the bar) or casual (guy at the food truck, driver who took them home.)

7. typeOnegative13NY

I wonder about cameras all along any route home, especially if he had to drive on a highway.

I can see easily the 2 downstairs sleeping through, or even not thinking much of any noises heard. There were probably always people there at any given time, after parties , even if some didn’t participate.
    The most likely places in the house the murders took place, is starting to add up imo. At first, I was under the impression all were in their beds, making sone of it “unnecessary “, in the target. Now that 2 we’re in the same bed up stairs, likely target imo. And one of the 2 found outside the downstairs room, suggests to me the killer was goi g to leave but was confronted.

Br4d likes this.
  8. Br4d

It's not out of the question that we might have a traveling psychopath.

However the difference in the wound patterns on the first two victims and the second two is apparently significant, which is why they think one of the two upstairs was targeted. Also, if the guy was staking out the house he'd have known about the two people downstairs and they'd likely be part of the massacre.

The perp probably left bloody footprints since he killed 4 people who bled profusely. If he had fled in a panic out the patio door after the second two killings the footprints would likely show this. Wider spacing and fewer to the door and beyond. He might have avoided leaving footprints but if that's the case odds are excellent you have the methodical psychopath thing going and then the odds on the two downstairs surviving go way down.

When I look at this I keep coming back to the most simple solutions: jealous ex cock-blocked by the roommate, stranger at the bar who kept getting brushed off and coming back for more until he came in the door angry at 3am, psycho at the truck who latched onto them as potential victims (not saying the guy at the truck was psycho but if he was the perp definitely psycho to kill 4 people off of that interaction.)

Long after those possibilities are exhausted I would look at traveling psycho (would have to be impulse killer not methodical due to survivors unharmed) and inside job (both of the roommates downstairs have a motive yet to be determined and they had help from a guy) and neighbor with a grudge (would have known about the girls downstairs.)

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

Anything is possible, but I’m still leaning toward something much more personal

I was reading that the ex, was being pretty mean to the girlfriend recently, and friends had encouraged her to break up with him. Not substantiated, but would make sense. I’m also very suspicious of the family immediately, vehemently ruling him out.

On the flip side of that, someone who just did this, most likely isn’t acting very normal right now.

on the flip side of that, strange behavior could be disguised as grief.

10. typeOnegative13NY

I keep coming back to the thought, that college kids are at school not because they don’t see a future for themselves, but the opposite. Who ever did this, if it was someone close to them, had to feel so desperate that they no longer saw a future without one of the victims. That, in addition to the magnitude of this crime, imo , could only be done by someone with the capability to handle it. Eliminates a good portion of the population. This person imo, was either just a loner psychopath, or someone who was distraught with one of the victims.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Seems pretty unlikely to me that some 20 year suburban kid would drive 90 mph for 10 hours in total, just to gut 4 of his peers and give him the opportunity to "wake up" like nothing happened the next morning.

She was drunk and dialed her ex. Welcome to college, that's just another night for everyone. I don't think it raises any suspicion towards him

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Middle aged local townie obsessed with a college girl, that's my guess but who knows

13. typeOnegative13NY

That’s definitely a close 2nd for me .

14. Br4d

One of the important things to nail down is where Kaylee went after she left the house for a few days. We've heard that she came back to show off her new ride but why did she leave and where did she go? Had she already accumulated the credits needed to graduate? Was she going to be back at the house for the spring semester?

Motive for the killing may well have happened in the few days Kaylee was away from Moscow.

The other unturned stone is Maddie's boyfiend Jake Schriger. He hasn't been mentioned in any of the authorities communications and apparently his mother hired a lawyer and he is not communicating with the authorities. He initially established an alibi that he was in Boise about the same distance from the murders as Kaylee's ex.

15. Br4d

Well murders aside I think spending 10 hours driving 90mph+ is on every 20 year old guy's bucket list. :)

Just going to add there are very few traffic cams in Moscow but a bunch in Boise. It'd be a lot easier establishing somebody driving out of Boise that evening than somebody driving into Moscow.

#95 Br4d, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  16. typeOnegative13NY

I’m pretty sure she was back home.

17. typeOnegative13NY

I read yesterday that lab work was just starting to come in. Hopefully they have a good idea, and just need the proof. I’m also wondering about the 2 survivors, surely they being girls in the same house would have some insight on who would have done this, if it was a targeted attack.

18. Br4d

Goncalves parents are pissed at this point. They say the wounds on their daughter and Maddie Mogen do not match the wounds on Xana and Ethan. They're not saying how they don't match the wounds but this appears to be why the police thought they were targeted. There's also a lot of sketchy info being milled about that suggests that Kaylee and Maddie were in an intimate relationship. The parents also stated that several people were cleared too early in the investigation.

So maybe we're down to three real suspects at the moment: Jack DuCoers, Jake Schriger and the guy at the food truck. The neighbor who kept inserting himself into the investigation voluntarily gave DNA and fingerprints a couple of days ago. If he's the perp he's pulling an SBF-level idiocy.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think the police have a pretty good idea as to who did it and probably their motive as well. I just imagine they don’t have enough evidence since the crime scene was a nightmare to try to attach anyone to since the house was frequented by so many people.

typeOnegative13NY and Br4d like this.
  20. Br4d

They have to have significant blood evidence at this point even if just partial foot prints in other people's blood.

The one hangup is they're a small town PD and they may have screwed things up on the initial canvas, particularly in letting too many people have access to the scene. If your only experience with bloody homicide scenes is garnered from watching TV then you probably think bigwigs should be at the scene when in fact they should be in their offices directing the pros who are handling the scene.