True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hunters have big knives.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I read that one of the students that came to the scene the next morning cleared up the 911 call. They said that the 2 surviving girls went up stairs, saw Ethan and a lot of blood, went running out of the house. One fainted. The other was calling 911 but could barely speak, so one of the friends grabbed the phone and told the cops to come.

cant validate it , but it would make more sense

3. typeOnegative13NY

This is starting to look like a - if I can’t have you, no one will-, and a lot of anger toward the life long friend he sees as a wedge .- certain person has been “cleared”, but it could be a tactic

#63 typeOnegative13NY, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  4. Br4d

Two points here:

1. He was "cleared" based on comments the victim's family made. That's not an alibi.

2. It get very expensive very quickly once you identify a person of interest. We're talking maybe 6 people on him 24/7 in a discreet surveillance so he doesn't run. 2 people per shift. You still have to maintain the investigation on other paths because PoI just means you think he's the probable suspect. Probable and Certain are two different things.

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You guys are convincing--the ex-boyfriend would tie-up a lot of loose ends.

6. typeOnegative13NY

The family may be playing the game, to give him a comfort level. The motive is there, the capability, I’m not sure.
    It would make sense, because being an ex of one of the tenants, his dna may be all over the house anyway, making it hard to build a case without a weapon.

As for the motive… she is moving out.. done with school, and moving cross country for a new job. She was only back that weekend to show off her new car, and say goodbye to the roommates. They share the dog, would explain the dog not going nuts when he enters.
    could be way off too… so few official details compared to stuff being tossed around the web. I saw another thing where the sister of a cop, from another town, is saying they are looking at one of the frats due to an argument that happened, and that Ethan and Xana were the targets.

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Wasn't the ex also at the food truck that night?

8. typeOnegative13NY

No, he was somewhere else. The guy at the food truck, was someone who lived close to them, who is said to have been making sure they got home because they were extremely drunk. He has the same first name though

IDFjet likes this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

OK--so all they have to do is put him in Moscow that night and that's it. I guess they just can't tho. I imagine they got his phone but he's smart enough to have left that behind if he's the perp. No lojack on his vehicle probably--They'd look at his last gas receipt--that and the mileage didn't put him there I guess. They must have looked at traffic cameras, store cameras etc to/from his home and the girls home and found nothing. He's probably innocent.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

One of the problems they might encounter though is that I can’t imagine there are all too many cell towers in a small town in Idaho. Maybe I’m wrong and I’m not defending any of the potential suspects, but it could be unfair information to use that against them.

11. typeOnegative13NY

One notable thing, is the lack of cameras in that area. Some traffic cams, one reported ring cam on a nearby house. Locals say they leave their doors open, barely anyone has cameras

12. typeOnegative13NY

They aren’t going to get away with anything not concrete on this

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

They must have gone thru his car with a fine tooth comb for anything like hair and blood--that's a lot of possible evidence that apparently he was free of. Even dirt from his tires--they can probably tell if it was fresh from the residence

14. typeOnegative13NY

I’ve read that he was home, 6 hours away while this happened. But then again, so little actual public information. The type of shit I see people coming up with on Facebook pages etc, is insane. They have gone from a kid who did an interview, to the food truck guy, to the guys in the frat house, to a serial killer, to an estranged family member, and on and on…
    It’s amazing though, how quiet the information is. There are family and friend of 4 victims, and 2 survivors staying very tight lipped . To their credit if it helps the investigation.

IDFjet likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

W
    ow, listening to the prosecutor, they may not have anything. I was really hoping they had a suspect , and we’re just building the case.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Wow--I'm assuming they haven't done the following but should maybe start:

1. Identify every business transaction that occurred in a 50 mile radius of the house over the last 24 hours before the murders. Obviously credit card transactions can be compiled. One need only contact Visa, AMEX, Gas cards, etc with a list of zipcodes to process with start and end times. What you're trying to accomplish is get a population you know was in the area around the time of the murders.

2. Go thru the list and id any likely person based upon FBI profile and follow up.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

18. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, I saw his first interview..: then he got shredded and blamed online. He was wearing a jacket that had the thing where you put your thumbs through . People were saying it was bandages covering wounds. I think he got wrongly accused, but at the same time he was way too over chatty, and played a part in being suspicious.

19. typeOnegative13NY

Kaylees father said at the vigil that kaylee and Maddie were killed in the same room, same bed. So killer imo went to go after kaylee, Maddie was there.(best friends since 6th grade, also kaylee most likely didn’t have furniture there anymore)Then on the way out Ethan came out of the room having heard something, then xana . That’s still my theory.

20. Br4d

The targeted person hasn't been identified. Some people think it was Maddie.