True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Very true. Carelessly dropping the sheath, and carefully collecting ids, most likely not in plain sight , all within 7-10 mins makes little sense

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Calling on Netflix, 'Making a Murderer, Part II'. o_O

I went back to O.J. several pages ago. We all know - and I do mean all of us - that O.J. Simpson is as guilty as the day is long, but the case wasn't about his guilt or innocence or two murdered people.

Mark Fuhrman was not an anomaly within the LAPD. If O.J. was framed, they framed a guilty man. That being said, if Kohberger's defense can manufacture enough smoke, they won't plead him out. On the flipside of that, that is some arrogant and stupid police work if indeed the cops truly did something untoward to make the case more ironclad.

I stand by my assertion that Kohberger's defense attorneys will plead him out if there truly is nothing to defend, meaning it's patently unwinnable. That's of course if the defense truly wants to do right by their client.

Maybe they want to be famous, maybe they find him hateable and think he's guilty as fck, who is to say.

#582 jetophile, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  3. typeOnegative13NY

Looks like the prosecution will seek the death penalty in the Kohberger case.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He strikes me as the type of guy that anticipated getting caught was likely and he wanted to see how he could fight his way out of it legally like a true sociopath.

5. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, thing about him that stands out to me… he’s been locked up for nearly 7 months, with still a wait til the trial.. he doesn’t seem to have the demeanor of someone who is wrongly accused of something so terrible, someone who was as far along in their studies as he was, and to have it all come to a halt .

I saw that in addition to the death penalty on the table, it’s also being said that they found zero victim dna in his house or car. They really running with the touch dna on the sheath, and introducing the death penalty?

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Seeing there was so much blood that it seeped out of the foundation of the murder house, he had to be covered in it. What did he do with his bloody clothes? I could see him wearing crime scene booties & a plastic poncho or something like that before he started stabbing everyone but there was no transference of anything into his car on exit? Nothing? Where did he dump everything?

I said this already, but I read the IDs weren't found the glove compartment of his car but inside a glove in a drawer. What's the deal?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If it smells like a setup...

8. typeOnegative13NY

I’m starting to feel this way.

9. typeOnegative13NY

They are saying they not only found nothing in his car or home, but no evidence of a huge cleanup either. I can’t see how he wouldn’t have tracked something to his car from a scene line that. It’s impossible imo. Also, it is not easy to clean the type of materials on a car. It can look clean, but will still show with luminol no matter what chems are used. And if he was able to use something that would destroy the evidence in the car, it would have either eaten a hole through the seats etc, or stripped the dyes and discolored them big time.

when I clean pet urine , blood etc from carpet , I use products with up to 20% peroxide. It will burn the hell out of skin. It’s strong enough to take the stains out, odor out, dissolve blood right in front of you. But if I go back a day later, it all still shows up under a black light.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The items that connect him to the crime are all easily transportable and by extension easy to plant. The lack of other direct evidence makes this thing look very shaky.

If I am the prosecution I would be looking at the entry/exit log from the crime scene and trying to determine who the responders were, how they were assigned to the scene and when they arrived. Given the late notice to the authorities I would be looking at whomever was present from 3am onwards right up until the point the first responders arrived.

I would also appoint a special investigator to look at the drug connections to the house and work out from there.

11. typeOnegative13NY

There are many conspiracy angles available (for speculation of course)in that town. From shady cops, to cartels and drugs, to a controversial church and probably more.

The more that comes out that they supposedly have so little in the biology dept, makes it surprising they also went for the dp, and grand jury. It also seems the prosecution is lagging in supplying the defense with their discovery. Should be one hell of an interesting trial if it goes there

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not sure which thread to put this in, I dont think this thread "crime thread" is solely dedicated to the events in Idaho though

Did you guys see that weird story in Alabama of the woman who reported a toddler on the side of the road then went missing only to return safely in 2 days. Strange stuff there

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah, that was weird. She showed up at home, glad she is ok..: but…

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Supposedly the person she was speaking to heard her scream, police found her phone and other personal items at the spot.
    Her brother was saying today that she was fighting for her life for 48 hours.

Looks like they could have been using the toddler as bait

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’m calling bullshit on the kidnapping. You have to believe that the kidnapper had access to a child that they were so indifferent to the safety of the that they’d let it walk alone along the side of the freeway at night without concern that it would walk into traffic. Where’d that toddler come from because that’s not the behavior of someone who has any care for the child?

I just don’t find that to be believable behavior even for an unreasonable desire to kidnap someone.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It may be another Tawana Brawley incident but I doubt a kidnapper would be worried about the well being of a toddler they may have, they may have kidnapped the toddler also, or it may be the offspring of a previous kidnapping victim.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Maybe she was kidnapped by aliens. A smaller extra terrestrial being can look like a toddler initially

I’m half kidding, it seems unlikely to me that she was the only person to see a toddler on the side of a busy freeway …. At 10:30 at night. She have night vision?

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That was my initial thought but Tawana Brawley had a motive for her fake kidnapping story. She had stayed out all night partying and knew her step father was going to beat the living shit out of her. I'm not sure what this woman had to gain by making up the kidnapping story. But it sure does seem fishy.

19. JetBlue

Right. They are such a psychopath that they aren’t concerned about a toddler being run over in an attempt to kidnap a woman (which would thwart the kidnapping attempt to begin with, not to mention you have no idea who is going to pull over to check on the toddler. What if a cop stopped; where were they going to escape to if they were in such close proximity to grab the woman?), but not such a psychopath that they don’t kill the woman once they have her. You have to stretch reason to an untenable limit to believe any of this.

20. JetBlue

What does she have to gain? Attention? Victimization? The two things highly important to the social media generation.