True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would think they are looking at young men dishonorably discharged or medically discharged from the services that emphasize close combat training.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Assuming the police are at least of average competence, IMO this was planned in terms of which house he would go to etc. So he's been in the area for at least a while.

1. I'd assume he came to the area within the last year so I would check all new utility bills, auto registrations etc in the last 12 months and cross that with men--if this info above is correct those with military records.

2. I'd also check toll road records, intersection photos, etc within 25 miles of ground zero with the next several days after the event.

At worst I would eliminate these 2 sources of info.

typeOnegative13NY and Br4d like this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I think they really feel that kaylie was the target. They haven’t said who, but that one person was targeted. Consider, she wasn’t even supposed to be there that weekend. She had already went home, but came back to show her friends her new car. She was also set to leave, I think , end of semester for good . Last chance for the killer to target her? Would narrow it down to someone pretty local

4. Br4d

So the killer comes in via the patio and immediately heads upstairs where he kills Kaylee and Madison. The noise upstairs brings Ethan out of the room he and Xana were in and he is killed there with a couple of stiff thrusts to the solar plexus. Xana has defensive wounds because she saw Ethan's killing and was the only one of the four victims who knew what was happening while it was happening.

It's really not looking good for the ex-boyfriend in this scenario. He is the only one that has a discernable motive for killing Kaylee: they were ex's who had been together for 5 years in high school and recently broke up. She's in the company of another woman and they either both called him that night or somebody made it look like both called him that night. The dog is also possibly a key but if it was a party house they were probably used to strangers in the house. They might even have been used to being let out by arriving partygoers.

It's all very circumstantial but crimes of passion are usually committed by people close to the victim(s). In the scenario above the first two killings were a crime of passion and the next two unavoidable due to potential witnesses. The two sleeping girls didn't stir during the attack and he had no reason to go look for them with the patio door right there and a fast exit the best move. The 4 killings probably did not take more than a couple of minutes and he likely was in a state of shock by the time he was done.

5. typeOnegative13NY

I think they have said that all were found in bed, and all were believed to be asleep. I think the only one who woke up at all to any extent, would be Xana, because she was next to her boyfriend while he was attacked, she’s the one with defensive wounds. The dog is still a mystery….
    I saw that Ethan’s mother gave an interview somewhere, and has said the girls downstairs did hear something that night. Will need to see something more official on that.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s probably rare but it’s not unheard of for a dog to be calm in the presence of strangers. Especially in a party house on campus.

With that being said, someone had to know the layout of the house decently well. Imagine trying to walk through a house quietly at night that you don’t know? It’s not impossible that lights were left on or everyone was so wasted they didn’t wake up. But I’d guess the person knew the house.

#46 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I joined this FB group dedicated to the crime and went thru a couple days of posts--here's what I've read:

1. Like JV above says, this breed of dog is really friendly and doesn't bark often--also it was used to people

2. One of the girls (skinnier one) was not supposed to be there but was showing off a rather expensive car she just got--people think she may have had a sugar daddy--so the thicker one Kaylee is posited to be the target by some ) I could have this wrong who's who

3. There was a psychic brought in who said the killer works at a deli--there is a guy in town who's been prominent in tv interviews who apparently fits this description

4. Many angles point to a guy named Jack--an ex boyfriend of Kaylee

5. One of the surviving girls is implicated by a lot of people--she has a boyfriend who seems like a punk and has been photographed with a big knife in her car

6. Recently there is a red mustang that seems to have been abandoned in town and the cops were seen going thru it

7. Interestingly no-one seems to be talking about the Oregon coincidences

8. This was good--someone went thru google search records for the names of the deceased and number of searches prior to the slaughter. There are periodic bumps--don't know what to make of that but that's good policework type stuff imo.

#47 IDFjet, Nov 27, 2022
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m probably giving the person more credit than they’re due but it’s pretty wild that they were to get in and get out while killing four people in what seems like silent fashion.

It almost feels like a contract killing you’d see in a movie or something. That’s why I’m having a hard time seeing the two sleeping roommates or some clumsy college ex boyfriend doing it.

9. Br4d

Not a contract killing. The 2 survivors were loose ends. Don't think you see a lot of those in contract killings.

The thing that puts the ex up high on the totem pole for me is the breakup after 5 years in high school. Her family says that it couldn't have been him because they know him. That suggests he grew close to the family also.

She decides it's really over and lets him know then he finds her with another women in bed. Easy to see him snapping there with everything he is losing. Her family thinks no way it is him but they know the high school kid she was dating, now he's a suddenly angry man in a no-win situation.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

I know it’s not, but it seems as though the execution was flawless. I also don’t think it was something where a person snapped. They went there to kill those people.

I think there’s a decently high chance we can see the person get away too. They had an extremely inexperienced team comb through the initial scene before it really became national news and the troopers and FBI got involved. I imagine they fucked a lot of things up simply because they’ve never had to deal with something quite like this.

11. typeOnegative13NY

I joined one too, not sure if the same one… but there is an awful lot of finger pointing, and shit being thrown around on those pages.
    I’ve read that..

Someone close by did hear the dog barking outside from 3-4am, then it stopped.

the dog was downstairs with the other girls, because it’s owner wasn’t home yet.

the killer entered the 2nd floor, killed the couple first, then upstairs, then jumped off the balcony to a hill to the side(seems plausible, as it wouldn’t be a far jump, and would be a good exit)

a lot of people are focusing on the food truck video, because there seemed to be a guy hovering them. Then looks upset that they left. Still doesn’t suggest a crime of this magnitude.

people have seen the prosecutor around everyday. Could be unrelated business, could be going over evidence daily to see if there’s enough to make an arrest and have a charge stick.

mother of Ethan, has said that the girls downstairs did hear something that night. Could have just thought everyone upstairs were still partying , and just went to sleep.

authorities are staying pretty tight on this, probably for good reason, and it’s leading to a lot of online theories. My guess is that if this was a random, serial murder, by someone unknown to them, he could very well get away. If it was someone known to them, or someone who was a regular around , but not known closely, local stalker etc… he will get caught.

I also thought they were all found in their beds, I thought that is what the coroner said. Now it’s being said that it’s not the case. That makes a huge difference . If all were in bed, they were all a target. If some got up, they got in the way. That right there would change my opinion on who had the capability to kill 4 people. 4 people in bed, I’m ruling out friends, boyfriends. Just don’t see it being possible. If they went to kill 1 person, and others got in the way, then it’s a different story .

#51 typeOnegative13NY, Nov 27, 2022
    IDFjet likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

That town has a few big upcoming problems incoming imo…
    Online sleuths, podcasters, etc , are descending on that town, they are starting to go live , interviewing people etc..

Also, I’m sure their economy depends on these students, and with a killer on the loose, it’s gonna be online classes for a lot. I would not be sending my daughters back. No way in hell.

13. Br4d

I'm not 100% sure on this because my sources are really poor (Nancy Grace, various internet sleuths, various retired FBI investigators) however several sources have said that Ethan was found in the short hallway leading into Xana's room. Several sources have said that it appears that the two girls upstairs were both found in the same bed and were likely killed first.

This is what informed my scenario above of an intruder entering via the patio, going up the stairs and killing the two girls, descending back down to sounds of somebody in the hallway and moving to kill him then into the bedroom where Xana resisted having seen Ethan stabbed in front of her.

14. typeOnegative13NY

That’s starting to make the most sense now.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They might not solve this one for awhile. Maybe never. College kids leave doors open, pass out drunk, its an easy opportunity for a random intruder.

I hope the families can see justice though

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I was reflecting on that. We didn’t lock our door ever in college in either years I lived off campus. We lived on the third floor above a bar my senior year and not only did we not lock the door, the back door usually swung open in the middle of the night when it was windy.

There’s so many opportunities for random people to be in/out college houses too. Given that it was primarily a girls residence, I doubt they threw open house parties, but lots of random people end up in random houses partying because this person knows that person and brings a couple friends.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

I also read that one of the sliders was broken and wouldn’t lock. Who knows what true and not. hoping the cops know something and are building a case before an arrest

18. Br4d

They're not going to bring somebody in until they have some hard evidence. There's no point in informing the suspect until they have a real shot at convicting him.

19. typeOnegative13NY

Definitely. Don’t want to mess that up

20. typeOnegative13NY

This is the video of the food truck. It is strange. The guy in the white hood , is the one that people are basically tying to the stake on the internet. He’s innocent until proven guilty , and has for now been cleared by law enforcement.

people have gone to his social media ,and found that he is an avid hunter , posting some pretty graphic pics. He is rumored to also have been kicked out of a sorority for anger issues.

in the video, you see him basically shadowing the girls, and they are not interacting. He seems disappointed that they leave, and immediately turns and leaves. He is rumored to live close to them, I wonder if he thought he was going home in an Uber with them.