True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they suck and he might get off but they were able to get him to admit he lied when he said he wasn't there at the scene of the murder that day.

He had this alibi and now it's gone. That could be a good sign despite his pathetic cryin on the stand

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

From what I watched, I thought the problem was lack of preparation by the prosecutor. Which is inexcusable because I believe this was Murdaugh’s second day of testimony. The guy was leaving huge gaps of silence in his questioning while he fumbled for a follow-up, which Murdaugh was filling by extending his answers. Maybe the prosecutor was trying to give him rope to hang himself. Whatever it was, it wasn’t working.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Once you've established that the guy is a crook who stole from everybody and you've asked him if he killed his family what else is there for the prosecutor to do?

The problem with the case is that hard evidence is not in evidence. It's not clear to me that there's anything the prosecutor can do to further this case. He should have just asked Murdaugh if he was present in the video presented as evidence of him being there somewhere between 5 minutes and eternity before the crime.

Then "no more questions your honor".

Everything else that has happened while Murdaugh is on the stand is the fault of the prosecution for letting him stay on the stand after verifying the only thing approaching hard evidence in the case.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

That’s the biggest part imo, doesn’t that place him there at the only window they could have been killed?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

Watching the Netflix series, did I hear right that the wife was killed by a certain kind of gun that he owns, and it was never taken into evidence? I was falling asleep and plan on restarting it, so I’m not sure if that’s what I heard

6. Br4d

The gun he owns was taken into evidence. It's not the murder weapon. The shotgun he owns was taken into evidence. It's not the gun that killed his son. Both guns were matched against purchases he made years ago.

So the open question is: if he was going to kill the two of them why would he buy guns that were identical to guns he already owns to do that? Why wouldn't he just buy a different gun to kill them both?

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

As much as it makes sense, and fits the timeline, it’s hard to imagine he would be capable of killing his son. But then again, look how hard he tried to cover up the boat incident, and then it was all falling apart. He was realizing all of his financial crimes were going to come to light. Who knows, he was nuts enough to have someone kill him, maybe he had had someone kill his wife/son. Maybe it was just to be the wife, and the son saw and had to be killed too.

I don’t see a guilty, or not guilty Verdict happening here.

8. Br4d

The real problem with the motive on the son is that killing his son gained him nothing. He's named in the civil suit over the wrongful death because it was his boat and he let his son pilot it drunk.

9. BrowningNagle

They brought up a good point on a show I was watching last night.

It doesn’t make sense than an average person would kill his son but Murdaugh isn’t an average person. He is a selfish narcissist that had fucked over family members for years

10. typeOnegative13NY

And in a decades long drug haze, in fear of having his whole world turned inside out.

11. BrowningNagle

Murdaugh's lying and the timeline thing is what could do him in. How do you lie to police about being there a mere 5 minutes before your wife and kid were shot unless you want to hide that information?

It is not like he coulda forgotten once and made a mistake. He lied about that on the day of the murder all the way up to the trial years later. He obviously didn't want the police to know.

Then he changes his clothes and "can't find" the clothes he was wearing in that videos 5 minutes before the murders. BS

12. typeOnegative13NY

My concern is how close the the trial is to his grounds. Walterboro is right in the area between the house, and the coast areas his family reigns. That family influence is no doubt all over that court room.

also, that “mags and po po “ shit he was pulling, was very see through

13. typeOnegative13NY

One jurer dismissed due to improper conversation outside the court room, alternate jurer in the box.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Has the defense picked apart the determination of time of death?

Not saying the forensics analysis is wrong and I’m sure there’s science to make me sound like an idiot. But it always felt crazy to me that they could get within a ten minute window or whatever it is.

The sloppy forensics is a big part of what got OJ off.

15. BrowningNagle

They havent because they think it aids their argument that Murdaugh couldn't have shot them, cleaned up, visited his mom, came back and called 911 in time

they definitely were critical of the sloppy work at the scene though

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Interesting. And makes sense. I was wondering the same thing.

17. typeOnegative13NY

Amazing that he only told the truth because his defense team saw an advantage if he did.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Jury is done deliberating?

19. typeOnegative13NY

That was quick! 3 hours…. Says guilty to me, but we’ll see soon

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

See ya...