True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I could be wrong because over a prolonged time (a decade+?) that tolerance can be built I guess but I think that statement could also be a smart front for him to say he was doing all the pills he was buying and not trafficking them.

BrowningNagle and Br4d like this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yeah, that’s quite a lot . I’m not sure if he’s hurting or helping himself by testifying. He apparently had a few jurors crying yesterday when talking about his son. But he’s also quite to story teller, and he’s sound less credible the longer he sits there.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's a poster boy for "don't talk to the police until you have a lawyer present."

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

He’s definitely lawyering the jury. I’m not sure what to think . He’s an entitled scum bag, but that still doesn’t mean he killed anyone. But at the same time there is circumstantial evidence and a motive. Also, the time line of them goi g to those kennels , I haven’t heard it if it was a common time for them to go there. Or impromptu. If the latter, someone would have had to know they were going there.

5. Br4d

When I heard 60 pills a day I thought distributing for sure. Not like a wholesaler more like retailer to friends.

6. Br4d

A friend called to ask them to check on a dog they were kenneling for him. That's why Paul had the phone out face-timing. It's also why I think it is iffy that Murdaugh killed them. He had to know he was on camera (off camera).

7. Jonathan_Vilma

You think so? I mean to the smarter individual, he is for sure guilty. He said he grabbed his son by the belt loop and turned him over and his phone fell out? Not sure why share that strange ass detail. Your son is dead on the floor and you grab his belt loops?

But all you need is one over emotional person on a trial with a lower IQ and he’ll be acquitted. I think the theatre he’s putting on is helping him appeal to possibly that one person.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. Br4d

His son got shot in the head and the chest with a shotgun. Probably his belt loops were one of the few parts of him not drenched in blood.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Except he is a lawyer haha

10. BrowningNagle

More than 1 for sure. I think he makes the jury feel sorry for him and all his struggles with drugs, poor guy, and they let him off

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Are you thinking ew that’s icky let me grab the place with the least ickyness or are you thinking oh my fucking god my son just got murdered?

12. Br4d

As a self-confessed Oxy addict I have no idea what I'm thinking in that situation. He clearly pushed some buttons and did some things that no normal person would have done that evening.

I'm not saying he's innocent of these crimes. I'm just saying that you have to prove he did them beyond a reasonable doubt and I think that is an almost impossible bar to reach with no physical evidence.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Seems like the prosecution over-complicated things. It should have been as simple as:

Prosecutor: Mr. Murdaugh, could please describe your hair color for the jury?
    Murdaugh: It’s red.
    Prosecutor: Your honor, let the record show that the defendant is a ginger. No further questions.

Dude should have been convicted before lunch on the first day.

abyzmul likes this.
  14. Br4d

The problem is that the prosecution's case has basically been story time and that's always a bad basis for a capital murder trial.

Not to say that poor defendants don't get railroaded in 50/50 cases all the time but that's not really how it should go down.

15. BrowningNagle

it’s South Carolina. That only works if he was black, not a ginger

16. Br4d

Ginger is an anagram for black in South Carolina. At least from a lack of criminal justice perspective.

17. Sundayjack

You’re both kidding yourselves. I wouldn’t say committing a ginger is 100% indefensible, but unless the guy lives in a tree and bakes cookies, it seems like a pretty steep climb to me.

abyzmul likes this.
  18. Sundayjack

I watched video of some of the prosecution’s cross. Horrible. The guy let Murdaugh control everything. I haven’t seen any other testimony, but if they’ve been this bad throughout, the guy has a decent chance of skating.

19. typeOnegative13NY

I thought a good portion of the questioning was a waste of time, and gave him way too many opportunities to play his game and humanize himself.

Sundayjack likes this.
  20. Br4d

Two things:

1. It's very hard to cross-examine a lawyer and get what you're looking for.

2. In some ways the prosecution is falling victim to their own tactics of demonizing the defendant before he took the stand.

They've painted the picture of a horrible crook who killed his family for some obscure benefit and now the jury gets to see Alex Murdaugh, human being.