Trevor Lawrence hints at staying in school

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Shea Jet, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m never trading down and passing on Lawrence.. He’s too good of a prospect. Fields is decent but I just can’t trust a buckeye QB.. they always bust.

Jags and Giants are the only team that can spoil our chances at a true franchise QB. Given our schedule and the Jags schedule it’s going to be close.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Every week i get more & more worried that hes not going anywhere at end of yr & already knows it.

LAJet likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Out of all the crazy shit that gets said on here this just may be the craziest. Yea let’s let a rookie pick our next HC LOL.

Did you just get off the train from crazy town?

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My absolute worst fear.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Right. Cause he could do SO MUCH WORSE at picking the Head Coach as the Johnsons last TWO picks. Moron

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I only listed high draft picks. We now we have complete listing. Funny you made the exhaustive list and only 2-3 add any significant value. I think you missed Farve... but what’s to miss, a season we had lots of promise until he got hurt. Also, you missed the disaster that was Rick Mirer! But what’s to miss there. Other than that Testeverde, Boomer, and Fitztragic, a maybe robinson/Ryan to lesser degree, the rest of them just embarrassing list of bad QBs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#146 Sack exchange, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  7. Sack exchange

I think technically Johnson was owner in 2000, when the coach was Al Groh. Only memory there was the Monday night Miracle. One season, actually with winning record, no playoffs.

8. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Sack exchange likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

That's a prediction which is neither here or there, I was just saying Lawrence would absolutely declare if he got to play with Dabo in the pros.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought you mentioned Favre, but maybe it was someone else, or I just had him on my mind, so didn't list him, but should have. You're right that I totally forgot about Rick Mirer, but I don't think the site I used as a resource listed him. I don't think they, or I as a result, I listed Ray Lucas, either.

11. Sack exchange

Wish we would have kept Farve at least one more year, but I know he wanted to go to Minnesota. Just Jets luck! May have really made SB push.

Testeverde went down broke my heart, cause we had nice team. Mirer was complete garbage, don’t know why Parcells liked him? Why he waited so long to switch to Lucas. BTW, I did list Lucas in my post. So should have comprehensive list now.

But overall, too few difference makers at QB in jets history! I posted earlier that potentially the Jets could have 4-5 HOF QBs just on speculation around Jets drafts and where it was speculated discussions in draft rooms or opted to stay in college. Obviously we went in different direction (i.e. Marino, Farve, Manning, Wilson, Mahones), suppose it’s Jets luck! Only one we really hit on was Namath. And his SB guarantee made him legendary. I sometimes think he made deal with the devil. LOL. Our history would be dramatically different if only we made the “right” decisions even in only 1-2 of the scenarios. Oh, the pain of a jet fan!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

This is what people close to Lawrence are saying

Douglas better fire Gase soon

If he chooses Gase over Lawrence or picks another QB just so he can keep Gase, I guess it would just be another typical Jets GM move

Was it just me or was Douglas dozing off last night at the stadium?

What’s the deal with that?

Narcolepsy?

Severe sleep apnea making him feel exhausted during the day?

I hope it’s not a sign of boredom with his job

I do have to give him a ton of credit for balling out in Rds 1 and 2 with Becton and Mims, who now also looks like a player, too

So I’m not too eager to get rid of Joe D

It isn’t very often we hit on Rds 1 and 2

If he sticks with Genius Gase, what would you think of taking Fields?

Any college QB gurus out there prefer Fields over Lawrence?

Jets79 likes this.
  13. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If that's true, then we don't have a problem..... Gase won't be by the time we are deciding who to draft

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

JD was reading his phone but it sure as hell looked like he was taking a nap. I highly doubt if Gase is around for 2021 so TL will have to find another excuse why he doesn't want to play in NY.

Jerryjeudy likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

@legler82 and @Big Cat are bullish on Fields. I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion, but the few clips I have looked at make me believe he'll be a good consolation prize if we drop to the 2nd pick.

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

link?

REVISion and westiedog1 like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

First...if that’s true about TL then AWESOME!!!! Maybe that’s what it will take to force the Johnsons hand.

(though a look at Gase’s career record should be more than enough for even a dimwit owner like CJ or Woody to see he sucks)

I PRAY this is true

second...funny but I caught that too...I too was trying to figure out if he was sleeping or looking down at his phone....I’ll have to rewatch it and check

NCJetsfan and Sack exchange like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is coming from the least credible poster on TGG, take with a giant grain of salt.

truthbtold, Brook!, FJF and 7 others like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Fair enough

but we can dream!

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter said yesterday that Adam Gase is not going to be the coach next season. Adam is 99% on the mark about anything he puts out there so I think this is all just posturing.

The Johnsons are well aware that hiring Gase was a huge mistake that set this team back years. They also realize that bringing him back will scare away free agents, coaches, and college players like Trevor.

I expect the Johnsons to hold on to Gase till seasons end and fire him on Black Monday. Trevor Lawrence will come out because there's far too much money on the table for him not too and people saying that the jets are worse than say the jags or whoever else, is missing the point. All teams in the position to draft Lawrence suck.