Trevor Lawrence hints at staying in school

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Shea Jet, Oct 27, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't. Dabo would not succeed in the NFL. He'd be a worse version of Lou Holtz.

2. While thats true..when looking at the Jets specific situation..they need someone w that same fire you’re alluding to but instead saying “fuck the past.This is my team now & any shortcomings from here on out are on me”. And while from a team perspective it stinks missing out on those type of talents,they clearly dont have the mindset to turn the Jets around.Doesnt mean they arent all time greats but not fit to be a Jets savior.

Also its worth pointing out that it wasnt necesarily losing that kept Elway & Eli away from Baltimore & San Diego. Alot of it was based on uncertainty surrounding the teams potentially relocating whoch proved true in both cases..Chargers much later of course

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Okay okay, I'm gay I'm gay.

Nobody wants that injury ;)

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Could he take out a big insurance policy with Lloyd's of London?

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

And a GOOD new coach who can hire his own staff.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You don't have to beg, but selling yourself is important.

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree that the Jets need to pick a good head coach and let him hire his own staff.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The choice for head coach is really important as well as the arrangement. You don't want to have coaching by committee like they have it now. They have to let the head coach hire his own staff.

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He could live and work in NJ.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

The only way Trevor returns is if Clemson fails at winning a National Championship and that'll have nothing to do with "the Jets" and everything to do with Trevor Lawrence wanting to finish off unfinished business alongside Dabo @ Clemson.

If he wins another National Championship? He'll have 0 reasons to return to Clemson. He'll 100% declare.

The only way possible I see him returning for his Senior season is if Clemson fails at winning a National Championship and even then I'd say it's a 99% chance he still leaves.

11. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

I'm not stating or guessing on the "how" or the "why" of it, all I'm saying is, with Incompetent Johnson making the call/non call its possible....

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd only bring the coach if he was a name. If he's another coordinator hire as HC I would leave him out of the room.

Trevor Lawrence does not need to meet Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles or Adam Gase and nothing any of them would say in there would help the Jets case out.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

TL tested positive for COVID. Out this week at minimum

14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s different situations but I get what your saying. It was almost 20 years ago since Eli and that was his dad pulling the strings because the chargers were the cheapest franchise in the league at that time. Peyton also had his Dad in his ear causing drama. Chalk both those up to Archie power tripping.

As for Elway who in my opinion was the best prospect of all time at any position didn’t want to go to the colts that had an alcohol owner who was rumoured to move the team in the middle of the night and then actually did it a year later! I don’t blame him for say F that franchise.

For Lawrence he’s walking into a pretty good situation as long as they don’t f up who the hire as the coach.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. K'OB

It will be just our luck that he gets it bad and ends up with undiagnosed long covid and that will, of course, manifest itself right after we draft him, leaving him with lung damage and no energy to play football.

Go Jets :(

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yea, the jet fans suffer the most from that.

K'OB likes this.
  17. K'OB

We are damaged goods.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

definitely different situations. i dont think the jets situation is a good one, its been as big of a mess as anywhere the past number of years. i guess my point was to say that some guys are big enough of prospects to force things, 99.9 % of nfl players have no choice coming out of college other than go or dont go. sometimes those that do say i have no interest in that for whatever reason and force hands.

im not even really sure that lawrence is that powerful, he definitely doesnt have an archie manning guiding him so thats a positive.

i would really not be terribly disappointed if we ended up with justin fields. hes a really good player and imagine trading down 3 or 4 spots picking up a load of picks and still getting a guy who can be a superstar.

ouchy likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Goddamn you to hell

20. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member