Travis Etienne or Kyle Pitts? Who would you take and why?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Nov 20, 2020.

?

If both are there at Seattle's pick, who would you take, Travis Etienne or Kyle Pitts?

1. Kyle Pitts

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Travis Etienne

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take a RB until later. I'd take pitts if he's there with seattles pick unless someone else better fell as well

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that Pitts should be the pick over a RB. That said, we need a quality starting RB. If by "later" you mean 2nd or 3rd round, then I'm in agreement. If you mean 4th round or later, then I disagree. You don't find starting caliber RBs late unless you're really lucky. The Jets need to take a RB no later than the 3rd round.

3. GasedAndConfused

I wanted tony pollard as a mid to late round pick and look at him shit on zeke lol you can find RBs anywhere. a good o-line will make any RB look good. we may not get a cook or c-mac or barkley but we can find a good enough one and I like what i've seen from ty and adams. Rbs are also instant performers as rookies. that means taking one in 2022 would be fine and we have extra picks in that draft as well. I'm not sold on the top end Rbs in this years draft. none are 1st round worthy. I'd rather go for spiller or emery in 2022 if we go that route

4. NCJetsfan

Some teams can find RBs anywhere. Other teams seem to have their problems with that. It's not just finding a RB, either. The Jets need a HR threat at RB who is also a good receiver and they need a power back. RB is the easiest position to start day one in the NFL for a rookie, but many of those taken outside of the first two round don't start immediately because they have trouble blocking pass rushers and picking up blitzes. We cannot wait until 2022 to add a RB. That would handicap whomever our starting QB is and would be doing the same thing to him that was done to Darnold. SMH

5. GasedAndConfused

yeah but we an try a late one this year and then an early one next year. we'll have 2 1sts in 2022

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Chuba Hubbard, Kylin Hill, Stevenson from Oklahoma. There are a bunch of guys. It depends moreso as to what sort of scheme we're going to roll with. Zone versus man. One cut, etc.

I think it also depends on what we think of Perine. If we're looking for a one-two punch then runningback falls down the list. If we think Perine is more of a third down scat back then we need to find a bell cow.

7. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I'd be surprised if the Jets have much interest in Hubbard as he's supposedly not a good receiving back. I'll take a look at Hill and Stevenson.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hill is an excellent catcher and modern day NFL back. Hard yards between the tackles is probably a bit more of a concern as he's been in the Air Raid this year and a spread option his other seasons. Stevenson is brute force back probably in the mold of Fournette. He won't be much of a receiver.

Hubbard can catch the ball. He's fluid enough to get better and is natural looking at it. He just wasn't asked to do it a ton. Definitely a jack of all trades, excellent at none sort of back. But he should be a productive pro.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Pitts will be a top 10 pick when all is said and done...

He’s that good + may end up being the next Gronk type matchup nightmare for years to come.

I’d take him before any of the WR’s or RB’s in this draft.

The difference between him and the next TE is huge compared to differences between the top 2-3 Rb’s and Wr’s...

so you want to make up ground on other teams... draft Pitts in round 1, draft your RB or WR in round 2+...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I just had a chance to review some video of Pitts and must admit he is quite a talent. I also think he will be long gone by pick 23. Nevertheless, if it became a choice between Etienne and Pitts, I would go with the RB because that is the greater need for the Jets. We also need to be cautious about selecting a TE in the first round. The closest comparison I can make to Pitts coming out of college is O.J. Howard who I thought would be all-world but has had a very mediocre career to this point. Eric Ebron is another comparison and he hasn't had a great career so far either. The two top TEs in football are Kelce and Gronkowski and neither one was taken in the 1st round. Consideration also has to be given to which QB is the one who'll be throwing to him.

ouchy likes this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

and x2 on Sunday

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

13. GasedAndConfused

pitts easily. not even close