Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas obliterating records

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 8, 2021.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Daughter was at a soccer tournament this weekend. 16 yo boy was out there playing on a girls team. Stuck out like a sore thumb , from the way he ran, the way he kicked , this just shouldn’t be happening.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I didn't dismiss it outright. I just said it's stupid for so much money and time being devoted to it. Nothing wrong with kids playing games. But going nuts over scholarships? Sports scholarships shouldn't exist. That is a waste of money.

If parents who obsessed over their kids doing well in sports spent half the time helping their kids study, maybe their kids wouldn't be getting C's and D's.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You don't have kids, do you?

4. Greenday4537

I have a daughter. Her life will not revolve around sports, nor will she have to rely on them to get into an academic institution. If she wants to play sports, that's fine. But there's more to life than peaking in high school.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well I already raised my children, they all played multiple sports from just a little after they could walk, through high school. For many years my afternoons and entire weekends consisted of me driving them to different leagues to compete.

None "peaked" in high school, one is finishing up her degree, one is a teacher, and one has a Masters in International Finance and just became the quickest intern to manager at one of the largest corporate accounting firms in the country.

Playing sports as a kid leads to several important benefits such as improved physical health, enhanced social skills, and better mental health. Sports helps develop time management skills and teamwork, among other benefits that are useful once school is behind them.

But I am done discussing this because it really does not relate to a male transitioned to female, who has developed the musculature of a male, competing against females and taking away opportunities from them. That you don't think we should have sports scholarships is irrelevant.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

All that got shot to hell when they stopped keeping score in soccer. What fucking nonsense. However, if we're going to go with that nonsense I say use that nonsense against such idiots. Trophies and medals in collegiate swimming for everyone!

It's not fair for Lia Thomas to beat all the biological women and smash biologically female records by competing as a female with a clear physical advantage so everybody should get to win, too. Not based on hard work, merits, or ability, mind you, but they get to win to balance the scales. No-one would like that, though, because that would be unfair to Lia Thomas. o_O

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It can't surely be a coincidence that when I look at this thread there is an ad for penile prosthesis.

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  8. The Waterboy

I think ads are based upon your prior search history

9. The Waterboy

It used to piss off my daughter when they would win a tourney and even the last place team got the same size trophy as her team, that was going back 17 years so it just keeps building up to more and more.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Boom
    Headshot

11. MoWilkBeast

Nice effort. Now you've got me wondering what the wife looks at while I'm out!

The Waterboy likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Keep government out of it completely. Let each conference decide for itself how it wants to regulate the situation. There will always be some that decide one way, some the other, giving an opportunity to choose which conference they want to compete in. That way a switch hitting switch hitter can decide where to play without getting switched in or out of the lineup.

13. Ralebird

Hey, at least dishwashers are in demand today unlike those with useless degrees.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Slippery slope. these conferences particularly the South or podunk Midwest ones would easily move from transgender restrictions to racial or religious ones, or I guess more likely, eliminate women's sports all together.

What does Mississippi State gain from their women's programs? nothing, they lose money. They'd end it in a heartbeat if given autonomy

15. Ralebird

The schools would still need to comply with federal law as provided in Title IX.

16. Greenday4537

Kids going to college with unrealistic ideas of how it's going to work out is a whole different issues these days.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

17. Ralebird

Why do you think that is with all the information available to them now that earlier generations did not have? Whose responsibility is it after all? Or is it just another example of people gambling with other people's money?

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Instead of Penn how cool would it have been if Ms. Leah took her hang-down south to Columbia, SC and swam for the Univ. of South Carolina Cocks…
    [​IMG]

#278 joe, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  19. MoWilkBeast

Is that a Rhode Island Red?

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member