Transgender Swimmer Lia Thomas obliterating records

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 8, 2021.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Knowing yourself, imo, is a key to life so I appreciate your acknowledgement of hypocrisy etc.

Let’s touch on the gullibility issue for a second, do you really believe people are teaching elementary school kids how to suck cock or was it off handed to get a reaction. I can appreciate the latter, the former would be sad.

2. KingRoach

No. Surprisingly enough, not everyone is like you.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The NCAA has got to sort this out especially now that college athletes can be paid.

When they were amateurs playin for the love of the game, I have and would be inclined to say who cares if a trans woman wants to swim, they are just college students swimming because they love it, at the end of the day everyone will have families and day jobs outside of the pool.

But now with NIL deals, that aren't really name-image-likeness deals by the way, but colleges and alumni groups buying athletes, they are closer to professionals than ever before. It's potentially affecting livelihoods and potentially fraud.

NCAA should step up and set some guidelines on both NIL operations and this question of transgendered athletes. It is the wild west out there right now

KingRoach likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If you are someone that trained your whole childhood to compete in a sport and become one of the best, you would have to feel anger towards a competitor who has an unfair advantage.

If you are the parent of the aforementioned individual, who did everything you could do help your child achieve their dreams only to see them have to compete against someone with an unfair advantage, you would also be angry. This isn't just "some silly sport," to those who have dedicated their lives to it, monet or no money. I don't see how someone doesn't understand this.

Acad23, Leicester Jet and FJF like this.
  5. KingRoach

They already have but that’s not going to stop people from complaining.

Under the new guidance, which will be fully implemented by August 2023, transgender athletes at NCAA member colleges will have to regularly report their testosterone levels and provide additional documentation that they meet specific standards depending on the sport they compete in.

6. KingRoach

Disagree with the 1st paragraph, as I’ve heard of 0 kids complain. mostly agree with the 2nd. Fucking self absorbed parents parents are the worst.

No one is becoming trans to excel in sports. Imagine training your whole life to excel in a sport and being told you can’t compete because of who you are.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well the removable dentures is a plus at least

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. bicketybam

There were a ton of her teammates complaining.

She trained her while life as a man. Why should she be pissed she can't complete against women?

9. KingRoach

Bc, she’s now a woman….

Are we talking about L. Thomas specifically or all teams athletes generally?

10. KingRoach

11. bicketybam

Well we have definitive proof that the athletes/teammates who competed with and against Lia Thomas were angry about it. To assume other young athletes in a similar situation aren't is a huge stretch.

KingRoach likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

Leicester Jet and bicketybam like this.
  13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

14. The Waterboy

So take away something afforded to 180,000 students a year, that they may not otherwise be able to take advantage of because .0001% of the student population is a transgender athlete that wants the advantage of competing against the gender identity counter to the gender they were assigned at birth.

I'm all for their right to be transgender, or whatever they like, but when it infringes upon the rights of others that is where you need to draw the line. And this is absolutely taking away others rights.

15. Greenday4537

"Rights". There's no right to get a free ride to college because you run fast or can throw a ball through a hoop. Maybe these athletes trying to get a free ride should be studying harder. Parents are so happy to spend tons of time and money having their kids practice sports but don't spend a fraction of that on their kid's education.

It's college. It's supposed to be a place that focuses on education, something that helps make the world a better place. We shouldn't be using those spots on people who are academically underwhelming.

16. The Waterboy

So then non trans males should compete against females in high school? Good to know

FJF likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Get rid of college sports? Why so salty bro? This post reeks of something personally affecting you.

18. Greenday4537

Lol I don't have to be salty about anything. I got into my top schools no problem. I graduated, paid off my loans, got a house, a family, good job. Unlike many kids who relied on sports and never graduated college and never studied so they are stuck with dishwasher jobs.

College money should be spent on education.

19. Greenday4537

Yea I don't really care. There's actual important things these kids could be doing with their lives.

20. The Waterboy

You may not care but sports is an important part of the development of many children, to dismiss it outright shows how little you know on the subject

Leicester Jet, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.