Training camp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Jul 29, 2017.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Every year we hear how great everything is in TC--glad to hear we're stinking--it makes me more confident that we'll be competitive come regular season.

FJF likes this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Again - that was your assumption. I don't even know what he's got. I am just being cautious about it. Maybe he's a career backup. Maybe he is a HoF caliber QB trying to break out. Whatever the case is, based on what we've seen last year, [it is inconclusive.] That's where I am at right now, unlike you. My point thus far has been, [based on the circumstances, we don't know what we have in this kid.] But if you think this kid is already done for - fine. That's your opinion. You [say] you understand this, but you don't quite talk like you do.

Seriously, 4 games in a season can show the world what he can do in his [entire career]? For which he was ill-prepared and ill-equipped? Brilliant, genius.

Since you started off on the wrong foot to begin with, I don't know if I should go on or not but I'll comply.

You claim he was going to fail regardless. Got any evidence to back up that claim? All I have seen from you above is [perhaps] and then that four games he played. For which he was ill-prepared and ill-equipped. [That's on the organization more than on Petty. Unless you are asserting that Petty should have shown some promises despite these organizational mishaps. Like that can happen. Yeah. Right.] Again, you present nothing. Absolutely fucking NOTHING. That's a real persuasive argument right there.

P.S. We all know Jets offense is a big, hot mess. But that doesn't mean [every part of the offense has to be garbage.] If anything, Jets OL is a biggest mess, starting with that LT position. Until Jets address LT position in either the next draft or through free agency, we probably won't be able to assess the QB performance accurately. [Or other offensive skill position for that matter.]

#282 Zach, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That someone is most likely named... wait for it..... rhymes with clown and town..

Why you may ask? "because he gives us ___ _____ ____ _ ___".

GD shame is what it is...

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

• Yup, I wouldn't mind if he rotated the qbs around and then declared mccown the winner, but to do it this way and declare it an open competition just insults my intelligence

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Smith didn't throw pick 6's on screens, he simply ran 20 yards backwards on 3rd and 3s to take sacks and knock us out of FG range

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Open competition = [I will declare the starter at future date.]

7. forevercursed

I'm probably grasping at straws a bit here but is it possible our D could actually be really good and that's what's stunting the O's growth? I mean the our defensive line talent wise is among the best in the league if not the best.

Skicats likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How long have we been using that rationale

9. Connor Hughes tweeted that the first O was running plays against air..Mccown tried to go up top to Chad Hanson & missed.Against no defense.Does that answer your question?

I'll say this:They're installing a complicated offense amidst significant turnover & facing a very talented defense.Even so..the performance isn't anything new.Its the same piss poor standard of offensive play as it's been at camp dating back to at least Mangini.

On top of it all Bowles appears to have no interest in a legit QB competition & would rather put his job in the hands of a never Was who offers zero hope,excitement or logic.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

When the jets defense led by Kacy Rodgers faces an offense that has a better QB than Mcclown, we will see how great they are.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. forevercursed

I still can't believe Kacy Rodgers wasn't fired during the offseason purge of coaches

12. Cman68

Why....? Rodgers is TB's buddy so there's no way in hell one leaves without the other no matter what the results are. This is the cold hard reality of just how fckd up the Jet on the field leadership really is.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Is there a report of camp today if there was one? All I'm seeing if this thread is arguing.

Freddy Mondo and Walt White like this.
  14. Cman68

Taken from today's ESPN/Cimini report:

If Petty hangs around the Jets much longer, his career will be effectively over. As usual, Petty is playing with driftwood instead of quality. Reality? For Bryce Petty, there was NEVER any hope of him being in the "competition" for starting Qb no matter what lies were told to the media. I have no idea why he's even on the roster considering TB's extremely low opinion of him.

This entire Qb Competition is a complete and total sham... If Petty has an agent, he should get in his ass and demand a trade or release. There is no reason why any more time should be wasted. Petty never stood a chance here. If Macc won't do the right thing by releasing Petty, perhaps exposing the sham Qb competition will get him paroled.

#294 Cman68, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Red Menace and NYJalltheway like this.
  15. Red Menace

The problem with that strategy is this, teams might see him as a malcontent backup who should be happy that he has a job in the NFL and should keep his mouth shut.

He's better off keeping his mouth shut for now and accept his situation.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Red Menace

I'm not denying that the defense can be decent, but I'll reserve judgement on defense until I see Rodgers lead them to some good performances during the season.

17. Cman68

and pray he gets picked off the PS.. That really has to suck for Petty. Upside is, with the Oline being substandard again, somebody else will take the ass kickin this year.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If I read the reports correctly both Hack and McCown are digressing while Petty is picking up the pace. So as a reward for good performance we give Petty less reps with inferior talent around him?
    All I can say is Bowles better figure out what the term open competition really means.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wish some crazed Jets fan would write Bowles an anonymous letter telling him if he wants to keep breathing he'd better give Petty and Hack a lot more reps and a lot fewer to McCown.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The O is behind the D...therefor everybody sucks and everything else is a giant moosecock sammich. The Jets boards have gotten toxic overnite.

Thankfully the games are around the corner and we'll get to see for ourselves soon enough.

NYJalltheway likes this.