Training Camp Battles | Moore vs. Crowder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jul 9, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Cole is on a one-year contract. The Jets CS and JD are said to love him, however, so I expect him to be re-signed/extended if he is productive at all. I expect them to do so, and like that a lot. He can play. That said, I don't expect that Cole will be competing with Mims for a spot in the starting lineup. I think Mims will blow him away.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Love the discussion here.

I’d just like to point out that I do believe both Crowder and Moore will see the field no matter what happens in training camp. One of them will get more targets/reps early in the season based on their performance in TC and the preseason.

That is essentially what was discussed in the video. I personally think that by the time TC has concluded, the Jets will have no choice but to put him on the field more. He is too explosive and way too versatile.

KingRoach and K'OB like this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are overlooking Mims. Zach Wilson will be able to make back shoulder throws to him all day long.

PJ4Ever, Noam and PennyandtheJets like this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Hopefully Moore helps Mims like Brown helped Davis.

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Crowder's job this year is to cover Moore's transition to the NFL.

If Moore catches things in stride and adjusts well to the NFL then Crowder will have a smaller role, basically as injury insurance for the group.

If Moore gets the rookie yips, which happens to WR's more often than most other positions, then Crowder will play until Moore is ready to hit the field.

Pags2112, PJ4Ever and PennyandtheJets like this.
  6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Love Mims this year. I am not one of them lol

dmw likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think at some point not too far into the season the tandem of Davis and Moore will be starting with Crowder in the slot, assuming they stay healthy which is unlikely.

If Mims makes a turn to the next level (I'm not expecting it but I would welcome it) then he's found money and the Jets receiver room is in insanely good shape, but I think he's going to see situational duty because of his lack of quickness. They need these guys to consistently get separation in addition to win contested balls, more of his catches are contested than I think are productive.

BacktoQueens and REVISion like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

You obviously didn't watch him much at Baylor, and missed games where he was beating some of the best CBs in the league and getting open. He has excellent speed. He is a deep threat as well as a threat over the middle or sidelines in contested catches. In one game last season that I specifically remember he caught a slant, and if it had been a better pass, he would have had his first TD.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Moore and Mims will have a camp battle....for kick/punt returner. Loser goes to gunner.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't give a shit what he did at Baylor, I am talking about what I saw on the field of play in the NFL. He lacks quickness to get consistent separation, most lanky receivers do.

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Mims showed much more potential than a No. 4 or No. 3 last year. Receivers often struggle a bit in their first season, but he made some great catches and I think he'll be one of our top two wideouts by the end of this season, or next season at the latest.

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

13. NCJetsfan

Yep this should have been a TD for Mims. It's all on Darnold.

14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think we'll see a lot of rotation with the WRs to keep them fresh. I don't think we'll have a set order. I think we'll move them around and rotate them in and out so they all get to see the field plenty.

PJ4Ever, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I wish Moore was wearing number 85

PennyandtheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I agree. I think part of the plan is to adopt personnel to game situations and it will vary from opponent to opponent. Of course, if some are reliable and dependable and others are not, then that will change things, but I believe that we have 5 very reliable, high-quality WRs in Davis, Moore, Mims, Cole and Crowder.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

go with the hot hand. players have up and down games. ti's nice ot have a solid group to count on over 1 stud and a bunch of nobodies

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Glad they brought fan attendance back to camp.

I booked 3 dates so far including the Eagles joint practice. Should see some skirmishes.

cval likes this.
  19. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Cole may not even be on the team next year. He is on a one year deal, which is OK because that will make Mims the #3 WR.

20. NCJetsfan

I think Cole will be on the team next year unless he gets serious injured this year or has an awful year. I still think Mims will be the #3, if not the #2, and Moore the slot. Mims had no preseason last year, not much of a TC, no preseason, had few reps with Sam or Flacco, yet got open, had some good games, did something few rookies have done (joined a group of 3-4 other great WRs who had a certain number of games with 40 yards or averaged 40 yards or something, and in the process, beat some of the top CBs in the game. I can't believe how posters and the media are sleeping on him. It's like they've already written him off.

barfolomew likes this.