TRADE w/the vikings ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Aug 14, 2006.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

remember fellas,

brad smith can play a little QB in an " emergency ".

#21 kelly, Aug 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Kelly, if you're going to make up trades for us getting a DT, next time please pick a DT that would actually play well in a 3-4 scheme.

3. steviep

steviep Active Member

You are right Bollinger is a backup. He showed probably enough that he can lead a team for a couple of weeks if need be. He had a couple of good games. Also, in the salary cap age, if you can find a backup, with starting experience, who is cheap -- its not necessarily a bad thing. He wont make the jets -- so why not.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

when coslet was the jets coach , he cut a guy just like bolly, from his arm to his legs, to his draft position. his name was jeff blake.
    minny wants to trade for bolly cause he's a good #2 guy and could even start on a short-term basis.
    plus, unlike the egg, he shows up to play 16 games a season and doesn't kill the salary cap. that means you can actually afford to re-sign some talent instead of losing it to free agency!!!!!!:eek:hmy: :mad: :sad:

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Man, give me some of what you're drinking...

Blake had an arm.. Bollinger does not. Blake could run, and again, Bollinger just has happy feet. Bollinger has to be in the top 10 worst QBs under NFL contract.

6. mr nyjet

are you drinking herm's leftover kool aid?

the egg has the worst arm of all the qbs , including brad smith.
    not even his die-hard groupies dispute that fact.:eek:hmy: :rofl2:

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

he was disputing your bb comparison to jeff blake....CHAD PENNINGTON has nothing to do with it

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Damn, you really hate Bollinger...

Why do you think he's so bad? He was starting under HORRBIBLE conditions last season and still didn't play too badly. Bollinger CAN run. He definatley has more than happy feet. If you remember the games last season, he was in trouble under pressure many times and he often escaped and made things happen. He is quite mobile.

9. mr nyjet

given the historical comparasion, i was making the point that the jets let blake go and kept a guy who had a weaker arm then, and today, bolly still has a better arm than a guy the team may keep again, though the cap hit has more to do with it now than before there was a cap.:eek:hmy:

10. mr nyjet

maybe he disses bolly because he was a 7th round pick. guess that means he would keep bledsoe and cut tom brady, cause he was a 6th round pick.

11. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

LOL! Ok, there's a lot of cows and farmers here, but I wouldn't put MN in the same sentence as ND or WI. Those two places really are as desolate as they seem.

On a side note, Bolly actually got married here in St Paul, so yeah I think he has ties here.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

or maybe he just wants to trade bolly because we need defensive line help and we dont need a 4th string qb....comparing bolly to blake was completely off base.....plus blake had one good year anyway......the brady comments were also completely off base and not what the guy said

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not really, but when you consider the absolute garbage of a team he had to deal with last year (no line, scrub RB's, and Herm's crappy coaching) the kid faired quite well for a 4th guy coming off the bench.

Maybe someone's just looking for a game manager on the cheap.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

CJ Mosley isn't even a 34 NT. He's a nice player and I like him, but he would be the kind of guy who'd play 3-4 DE.

I say that based on his descriptions as a good passrusher yet bad gap-eater. He might have the size at 6-2 314 so I may be wrong.

15. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

this trade wont happen.. kelly arent you 0-2 this offseason withthese made up trades?

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I remember last season you brought up CJ Mosely in some other weird trade. What's the deal with this guy?

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

People just hate Bollinger. For no apparent reason whatsoever.

As JetFanInPA already pointed out, he did a very adequate job with deplorable conditions last year.

Granted, he isn't in the top 2 QBs we have at this point, but I think he's better than Ramsey, by a lot.

I would take this trade if it were offered though. Whether the guy is a 3-4 DT or not is irrelevant. BB is not going to log significant time unless we have another catastrophe. Let him go to Minny where he may even compete for the starting job. Don't be surprised if he actually wins it though.

18. mr nyjet

:rofl2: what is the ultimate irony is that suggs was practicing with the browns, yet failed the jets physical. meanwhile, we have the egg, who practices but would fail other team's physicals. but, on this site, it's bollinger who we need to get rid of....:rofl:

19. kelly

kelly Banned

" . . . make up trades . . . " ? ? ?

::rolleyes:

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

^ Don't get hurt patting yourself on the back.