TRADE VILMA: key for a dominant 3-4 defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jhsensation10, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Oh man I remember when I went at it with this guy in the vidoe game section. He started a thread, there was a simple post of dude theres like 2 threads on this. We got back a few curses and all:lol: This guy sucks at posting, spelling, life and he actually tried to convince everyone he goes to John Hopkins.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't think his idea was all that bad. Vilma has been awful this year no one can deny that. The only pass Vilma is getting so far is that we have a weak d-line but if Robertson, Ellis and the defense continue to improve as a whole and Vilma still remains invisible then what?

3. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

I dont think I have posted in about six months but I had to log in and respond to this one.

No moronic responses? are you out of your mind, what the f@%# did you think you were going to get when you suggest to trade the most talented player on our team.

I realize that the system does not feature Vilma, but by no means does that guarentee that he will not be a playmaker when he is completely used to the new system. Changing the system from 43 to 34 is like taking a guy who was a down linemen his whole career and all of a sudden making him stand up at OLB, you can not expect reults instantly, if you do then you are not being realistic.

When Baltimore switched over from the 43 to the 34 Ray Lewis did not have the impact that he had previously. Just because Vilma is not flying around like he was last year does not mean he is haveing a terrible season, he may very well be a product of the system.

Trading Vilma is a ridiculous proposal, and is not the answer to our defensice woes, if you think that is the answer then get your head checked

4. Joe Will E 69

Joe Will E 69 New Member

how old is this guy, your grammer is that of a five year old

5. baamf

baamf Active Member

Quick, edit your post before cheddaboy gets here...

:grin:

6. krd145

krd145 New Member

is this why vilma is the captain of mangini's d and gives all the defensive calls to everyone on the field

7. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

He's a short, simple response. You do not trade a guy like Vilma and get better on defense. Period.

8. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

wow. This is crazy and bold. Biggest problem I see in this is trading away Vilma for a mid 1st found pick. I highly doubt its possible. Like earlier people said this is not madden. If we do trade him it better not be to another AFC team. Lastly realistically this will not happen, Vilma is the spokesperson of the Jets. The front office wouldn't do it.

9. KJet84

KJet84 Member

Not only would getting those draft picks at this point be borderline impossible, you have Hobson starting at ILB for Vilma. If you honestly think Hobson could play ILB better than Vilma, you are vastly mistaken. Vilma along with Rhodes is the most talented defensive player on this team and trading him would just be stupid. He has never played in the 3-4 and I think he is improving every week. The 3-4 is gap play, if teams arent playing to his gap, he won't put up the same numbers. In case you havent noticed..one of the best linebackers inthe NFL Tedy Bruschi has never lead the league in tackles or even come close to finishing with 100 solo tackles. That is because the 3-4 system limits individual tackle numbers due to the fact that you have a gap system with 4 LBs making plays. Trading Vilma is the dumbest idea ever.

10. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Jhsensation is a moron, logic wont work with him.

11. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

The statement above is damn right! Preach it KJet84

12. Engelke

Engelke New Member

this is perfect. couldnt have said it better myself, KJet84

13. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Ahahahahahahahah...man this is hilarious, first one of the worst posts I've ever read on this site...and no offense to most but I mean I've been here for a year and have been subjected to unmitigated garbage at times. But the beauty of it is after people rightly disagree, he comes out with this...

im sorry, i have forgot to clarify. no moronic replies like the three above. i forgot there are morons out there and forgot to say that if you don't have any real responses except ones that make you look like a d-bag, just don't post it. not that hard of a concept. msu, i've forgotten more about football than you will ever know. and tight, you are a loser and there are multiple ppl on this board that agree with me.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! What some of you lack in brains you make up for in unintentional comedy.

14. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

Ok enough of bashing the poor guy, he just expressed his opinion.Instead of killing him I hope our front office will do what the Ravens did:Draft RUN stuffing DLineman like Ngata to play in front of Vilma and see Vilma's play go sky high.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Sadly I know exactly what hes talking about.

16. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

haha...well done

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

wow i was gonna post i highly recommend this guy getting a permanent ban for life... but it was done already :D

18. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Here's the list of the top 9 players in tackles so far this year
    1 Cato June IND 86 56.0 30 3
    2 London Fletcher-Baker BUF 84 63.0 21 7
    3 Zach Thomas MIA 82 53.0 29 7
    4 Keith Bulluck TEN 80 55.0 25 3
    5 DeMeco Ryans HOU 79 64.0 15 1
    6 Kirk Morrison OAK 76 59.0 17 4
    7 Gary Brackett IND 75 50.0 25 0
    8 Jonathan Vilma NYJ 75 46.0 29 4
    9 Brian Urlacher CHI 75 53.0 22 5

Looks like he's doing alright in the 3-4....he's tied with Urlacher who plays in a 4-3!!!Give me a break. There's no reason to even think of trading Vilma!!!

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah Cato June is leading the league in tackles so he must be doin' a good job while playing in the league's worst run defense.... Tackles don't mean squat if they're 7 yards down the field. Your argument is out the window.

There's no way in hell I want to trade Vilma, but he has SUCKED this year. He is going to need more time to adjust fully in the 3-4.

20. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

He just need time to adjust to the 3-4. He has different reads and is overpursuing plays. Besides, he is a playmaker and we don't run a strict 3-4 anyway. Mangini will find a way to tweak the defense to put the players in the best position to make plays. Isn't that his job?