Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Tbh, I'd rather get an extra pick than move up.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute....I didn't say I wanted the Jets to trade him...unfortunately the evils of the salary cap along with a mismanaged plan amongst different Jets GMs have made trading him almost a necessity now........if I had my preference I would want them to sign him long term.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If the #4 pick is coming our way they're giving up the pick.

From Dallas perspective why off ther the #4 pick when this GM might be stupid enough to take a second round pick for him? Keep the #4, trade away a #2 to get back a 100% can't miss great d-line defender still in his prime.

Mehta has been going on about how MacCagnan will be "the happiest man on planet" earth if he could trade away Mo. He just might be stupid, desperate or both to do it. It wouldn't surprise me.

4. mrjet80

What exactly do you think Mo's value is in regard to draft picks? And what would you think JJ Watts value is ? And I realize you don't want him to be traded...

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You say Macc might be stupid in the same post that you admit you are listening to Mehta.

Okay.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You have to realize that it's a combination of guarantee of quality and $$ required.
    Mo costs 15M but 100% guaranteed quality. A 1st round pick is a fraction of the $$, but not 100% guaranteed talent.

Potential trade partners consider both so your position of "Mo is the best therefore 1st rounder" is somewhat misguided.

7. WarriorRB28

Blaming the salary cap that I don't agree with. There's nothing necessary about trading Wilkerson/our best player.

This GM has a different vision of where he wants to take this D and team. It's his show for now the old regime(s) that built this D are gone.

We'll see.

8. WarriorRB28

The franchise tag is worth two #1 picks so that's what he's worth.

I wouldn't trade him for draft picks if I had to place a value on a player of Wilkerson's & Watt's caliber it'd be for another proven player.

Andrew Luck. I think that's be a fair trade.

9. mrjet80

I know that I was trying to explain that to warrior28. Although he may be right that Mo is worth a high first round pick no team is going to fork that over considering what his contract is going to cost....

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Apologize for directing at wrong poster :)

11. mrjet80

I don't see any team trading their franchise QB for a DL......

But I'm quite curious to see what exactly Mac's plan is here.

12. WarriorRB28

I totally understand that.

Question is why? Two-three years of somewhat cheap labor?

Teams drafting that high are hoping, PRAYING to get a player of Wilkerson's caliber if they hit they'll have to pay up sooner rather than later.

13. mrjet80

I understand what you're saying....quite frankly I really would have preferred Mac keep Harrison and sign Mo long term even if it meant saying goodbye to Fitz and Brick....the DL is or was the strength of the team. It would mean scrambling to get another LT, some QB uncertainty for 2016, and probably sacrificing 2016 altogether but it would have set the franchise up for a nice looking future starting in 2017 with plenty of cap space.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Can't tell if serious or trolling. But I really hope it's the latter.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it hasn't been accounted for. At this moment, the Jets have no money to sign their draft picks.

I may be mistaken, but it's my understanding that if Mo doesn't sign the franchise tender, he's an unrestricted FA and would be free to sign with any team. He would not have to sit out for a year, nor would he go unpaid, unless no one signed him.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Luck for Mo? hahahahhahahaha

17. NCJetsfan

The only way they will be gone before the draft is if the Jets can't trade Mo.

18. NCJetsfan

I don't think that's quite accurate. Unless the poster was wrong, I have seen a July date posted in the forum by which the Jets must sign Mo.

19. NCJetsfan

How did he mess up? I'm sorry, but I disagree. Did he actually say that he would be "happy" to trade Mo? If so, I haven't seen it. Everything I've seen Mac say is that he'd like to keep Mo. They can't actually trade Mo without letting it be known that he's available and start shopping him.

Dallas might fork over the #4 because Jerry Jones is an egomaniac and he may think adding Mo would put them over the top. They might fork it over because Chicago or Tampa Bay might fork over their 1st round picks. Is it likely that Dallas will give their first round pick for Mo? No, but it is possible.

20. NCJetsfan

He's not the best player on the team imo. Marshall is.

I'm glad you're not the GM. Having Mo on the team this season would be stupid. He's not re-signing long term with the Jets. If he's here this season, then Mac is forced to probably cut both Brick and Giacomini before the draft which will totally screw both Mac and the team. If he's here this season, he walks at the end of the season and the Jets only get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him.

A 2nd round pick AND $15.7 million in cap space is MUCH better than having Mo for one more season.

Freddy Mondo, RochesterJet and cgrec like this.