Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 3, 2016.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It would be stupid to pull the trigger on a deal like that.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

BINGO

compensation is the problem for sure. I think Mac wants a 1st and teams are balking at that...

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

If that's the highest offer there will be for him then why would it be stupid to pull the trigger if the jets don't want to pay him and will lose him after the year for nothing? Take what you can get and move on IMO. Does the team no good to keep him this year and not get anything in return, jets aren't SB contenders or anything.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Let me guess: (10-6) Jets are not SB contenders but your (8-8) Bills are? :D

5. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

Go away shithead, I have told you that before. Go back to your loser coach who will never win anything

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The goal is to field the best roster to give you the best chance to win. Trading Wilk for a bag of peanuts isn't worth taking the "highest" offer because that offer isn't good enough in terms of trading a 2 time 2nd team all pro for a late second or comp pick.

Said it before, I will take my chances and keep him on the roster this season. Time to continue negotiating. Sorry Mo, you aren't leaving that easy.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I still think they want to draft a QB and use the money they save to sign wilkerson long term.

8. almbleamal

almbleamal Member

I like this time of the year: all the speculating, all the rumours and all the hypothetical (nonsense) trades.

But what I really love by far the most is the fact, that there is nothing to report on the Jets. No "anonymous-source", just pure guessing by the media.

Like Matt Miller wrote on bleacher report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lers-final-team-by-team-reports-jared-goff-qa):

We are a BPA team now with no leaks in our FO. What a pleasure.

9. Bills over Jets

If they are still negotiating or there's a chance they can sign him, no way you trade him IMO. I am operating under the assumption the jets don't want to pay him. But if they've decided they just aren't going to pay him, two 3rd round picks isn't peanuts. That's two starters, likely. I still think that's low value for him, there should be at least one second out there I would think, but if the jets are certain they aren't signing him I would look to take the best deal available.

10. 101GangGreen101

Getting 2 3rd round picks IMO is nothing more than 2 more shots at the lottery. Chances of busting are close to 60%, it's not likely they are starters, it's just another shot at finding a good player. If the Jets felt Mo had no future here, he would've been gone already and the Jets would've taken the best offer prior to the draft. I doubt a trade happens with Mo during the draft.

11. RichardCaster

Don't you listen, troll. They get one 3rd rd pick if leaves in FA. So I would rather have him then another 3rd pick. Even for one year. Got it. Worry about your own team and it decades long history of missing playoffs

12. Bills over Jets

1. You are assuming the jets don't sign anyone in free agency. You get comp picks based on net free agents. So if you want to let Mo go and not sign any other position players, go right ahead. It's nt a given you get a 3rd round pick.

2. That comp pick (assuming you get one) won't be until 2018 vs. getting picks now. Have fun waiting.

13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You had me until 2018; now I believe nothing you say.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Please ignore/excuse some of our rude members.

While the value will probably be low, he's wanting a big contract with a lot of guaranteed money. Some teams would be willing to do that in FA, but probably not and have to give up a high draft pick or pics too. IMO assuming that they can get at least two 3rd round picks (if not two 2nds or a 2nd and another mid-round pick this year or next), the only thing that makes sense is to trade him now and get what they can for him. They will also get $15.7 million in cap relief and can re-sign Fitz, carry the money into next season or sign a number of post-draft and/or TC cuts.

They've been trying to re-sign Mo for 3 years. It hasn't happened. I don't think there any chance of it happening. IMO anyone who thinks there's still a chance of his re-signing with the Jets is living in a fantasy world. I think Mo overestimates his worth, especially with a team that has Williams and Richardson as well. Mac will never give Mo what he wants, and I don't think Mo will budge.

Mo refused to negotiate during the past season. Why should the upcoming season be any different, when he knows he can leave and get a big contract in FA? Next year he'll be another year older, and will be in the same situation. The Jets could franchise him or let him walk for a 3rd round compensatory pick (might as well say a 4th rounder) IF they don't sign any big FAs next season. If they signed a big name FA or two, they could wind up getting nothing for him. He could also suffer a major injury next season which would make him untradeable because no team would be willing to hand out a huge contract with big guaranteed money for a player coming off a major injury. As long as they can beat that 3rd round compensatory pick, they should take what they can get. His playing here one more season means nothing.

#454 NCJetsfan, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Bills over Jets likes this.
  15. RichardCaster

Go away troll. I mean it go away. And go back to your losing team and ignoramus coach

16. 101GangGreen101

Players tend to not want to negotiate during the regular season because it's a distraction. They want to focus on football. I would rather try and win this season with the best talent available [because defense wins championships]. From there, we will see what transpires next off-season. He can walk or maybe there's a change in heart. If he suffers a major injury, then that's on Mo because we gave Mo long-term security; if he wants to walk then, then by all means walk.

Him playing here one more season means A LOT because we are trying to win which is the object of the game, not stockpile late 2nd and 3rd round picks. If I can get a late first rounder, and or top 5 selection in the 2nd round, then make the trade, but I don't even think we can get a 2nd rounder right now.

17. Bills over Jets

Thanks for the reply. I think even a third round pick from a team is better than a 3rd round comp pick because it allows you to sign as many free agents as you want with the extra cash. If you sign too many free agents you wouldn't get a 3rd rounder. This allows more flexibility (and would be a tad bit higher up in the order).

I didn't realize Mo was being so stubborn on money. Are there any reports as to what he's asking for?

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He probably wants 15-20M per year with a lot of guaranteed money.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Neither party has talked on the record about what the proposals are however the latest gossip is that Mo is looking for $17M a year with $50M guaranteed.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's rumored he wants around $15-$16 million per season, but know one knows for certain. Two years ago (I believe), he was looking for $40 million guaranteed. That's now rumored to be in the $50-$60 million range.