Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Oct 7, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so was adrian peterson week 1 for the skins. and bilal powell for us a few weeks. you know gameplans and all.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I can’t take this post seriously

HomeoftheJets, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

From your keyboard to God's ears.....

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will gladly eat crow if he plays like he played yesterday consistently. But again I rather pay high for OL or pass rushers. Just my 2 cents.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

As we have seen with Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott and others, Safety can be a playmaking, high impact position. It is important. The only OL I'd want to pay top dollars to are the LT and maybe the C and RT. I don't think that an OL needs two $10 million a year OGs to be successful. The Jets' team can win a SB and their salary cap can work just fine paying Sam, Adams, an elite edge rusher, top-notch LT, and perhaps 1 WR top dollar (or close to it) at their positions. Besides, until we get that elite edge rusher, LT and WR, we have no problems. If anything, the problem is that Trumaine Johnson has a ridiculous contract.

Adams is already a great young player, but his value to this team isn't just the plays he makes on the field. He is as leader on the field and in the locker room. He has recruited FAs to come here. Along with Sam, he is the face of the franchise, like it or not.

egelband and mrjet80 like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If Jamal Adams doesn't retire a Jet or at the very least play here until he's past his prime, somebody seriously fucked up.

7. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams should be here for the next 12 years!

The guy plays with passion, demands excellence and can fit in any scheme. I would argue that he could also play in any position on defense, except for maybe DT.

He is the interchangeable part that any championship defense has/had

Rodney Harrison, Ed Reed , Malcolm Jenkins, Mccourtey, John Lynch etc.

WarriorRB28, egelband and Mr mittens like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, all good points. I just feel at (1-4) and with a weak AFC and this light schedule coming up, there is no need to give up on the season yet. I am not sure how much of an impact Leonard has even had on the defense though, so maybe a 3rd round pick would be worth it without much of a drop off on defense this year.

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If you think the Jets can still make a run at the playoffs, I can understand your hesitance to trade him. I never had any expectations about the Jets making the playoffs, so "giving up on the season" isn't a thing for me. All I care about is developing Sam and any other young players so the Jets know who can help them going forward and begin jettisoning the rest. As long as they're competitive the rest of the season, I would be perfectly happy if the Jets only won 6 games all season. It would be a 50% improvement upon last season, they'd have proof that Sam is their FQB, have some young core players to build around, and would possibly have a top 10 pick that they could hopefully trade down, garner some additional picks and speed up the rebuild. On one hand, especially with the weaker schedule, it would be great to see them win 8-9 games, but against a weak schedule and with quite a few of the players on the team not likely being here in a year or two, that isn't that important to me. Drafting higher and potentially being able to trade down, or get a player or players that they'd miss otherwise is more important at this stage of the rebuild. Then next year would be the year I would want to seen them win at least 9-10 games and won't care where they draft. I want Douglas to have swing early in the draft like Mac most of his years here. If he's anywhere near as good as he's supposed to be, that will quite likely be his only chance at a top 10 draft pick.

10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The Rams could use a guard

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So could the Jets

12. Beki

Beki Active Member

Look guys, I know that a SS like Adams will not win Super Bowl for us alone and I tend to agree OL, edge rusher, CB, WR > safety from positiob point of view.

However...seeing the passion how Adams playing, he is a true leader of this f*cking team, who loves playing here, he must be paid (not busts like Leonard Williams) and retire as a Jet.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Beki

Beki Active Member

Basically, I agree with you regarding the importance of positions, but in our case, Adams is leader of our defense and a unique talent, he must retire as Jet.
    From other side, we have to rebuild our OL and don't have elite pass rusher, so we can pay Adams when time will come.

Brook! likes this.
  14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

bro, how could you watch Sunday;s game and not realize Adams blew that offense up numerous times. Come on man

FJF and stinkyB like this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If we could trade Leo for Trent Williams straight up I would do it no hesitation, and JD would be laughing all the way to the fax machine to send the official paperwork over.

Leo isn't worth the 1 Washington is asking for, let alone the other picks they want.

jilozzo likes this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He was great. He waited for me to ask for his trade to put that performance up. He hates me. Lol. I thought I would be grilled heavier. So far so good. Maybe people like me. Lol.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I just don't get why people want to trade an actual all-pro talent that has proven himself at an NFL level for the chance that someone MIGHT be as good.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

People are just nice to you so they don't get the ban hammer.

NYJFOREVER, Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brook! likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, makes sense to me. I honestly think it will be tough to get a Top 10 pick even at (1-4). The schedule includes the Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins twice, Giants, Jaguars, Big Benless Steelers, Raiders, and slightly tougher Ravens and Bills, but all of them winnable. Gase would have to coach poorly or ,God forbid, more key injuries to go (6-10). Nothing wrong with thinking about the future, especially with this young team and 22 year old QB. So if Leo is not in their future plans, I get getting value for him.

NCJetsfan likes this.