Trade Rumors over Moss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsfan119, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GreenMachine

I think you are confusing Moss with Peter Warrick. Moss never went to FSU.

Ironically, Warrick is now playing in the Arena league for Las Vegas.

2. Jets lookout

Jets lookout New Member

Let the pats deal with moss running over their security guards.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

"I think you are confusing Moss with Peter Warrick. Moss never went to FSU.

Ironically, Warrick is now playing in the Arena league for Las Vegas."

Actually I'm not confusing anything. Moss enrolled at FSU and was on the team for the '95 season. He had to sit out his freshman season as part of the agreement for FSU to admit him. He was dominating starters in practice that whole fall of '95. But he was on the sidelines for all of their games that fall. He got booted off the team in early '96 after he tested positive for drugs. So yes, he was at FSU before getting kicked out.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Actually you were confusing Moss with Warrick about the incident that got Coles suspended for the Sugar Bowl. It was LC and Warrick, the latter got to play because he was one of the best players in the country, Coles was the third wideout, funny how that happened.

5. zoostation

zoostation New Member

It's going to take more than a 2

NE has two 1's

6. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Let someone else take that piece of Sh&#. He's a headcase, locker room cancer who takes plays off (and isn't getting any younger). Let him go screw up some other team like he did the Vikings and Raiders. I really wish he went to the Pats and drove Bill and Brady nuts.

7. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

With Randy Moss trading out of Minnesota I was tempted for the nostalgic feeling of reuniting him with Penny. After seeing Cotchery and Coles live and die for Chad this year, I never want to see a selfish player on the receiving end of Pennington again.

#47 Dr. Christian Troy, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

A bad coach can make a good player look bad.

But, when a player actively rebels against his team, that's a whole 'nother story. And Moss has done it twice. Let the inevitable third time he phones it in be on another team.

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

if wqe could snag moss for either one of our late seconds or a third..... well give him a try out type of deal, where the contract is either middle or backloaded, and he gets a small amount in years one ands two where he is feasibly cuttable if it doesn't work out after this year.

10. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i think he simply meant to reference both their incidents at FSU and what has happened since...not that they were involved in the same incident

11. JetsNation06

Green Hurricane Quote:
    Originally Posted by JetsNation06
    I think you are confusing Moss with Peter Warrick. Moss never went to FSU.

Ironically, Warrick is now playing in the Arena league for Las Vegas."

Actually I'm not confusing anything. Moss enrolled at FSU and was on the team for the '95 season. He had to sit out his freshman season as part of the agreement for FSU to admit him. He was dominating starters in practice that whole fall of '95. But he was on the sidelines for all of their games that fall. He got booted off the team in early '96 after he tested positive for drugs. So yes, he was at FSU before getting kicked out.

"Actually you were confusing Moss with Warrick about the incident that got Coles suspended for the Sugar Bowl. It was LC and Warrick, the latter got to play because he was one of the best players in the country, Coles was the third wideout, funny how that happened. "[/B]

What are you talking about? I never said anything about Moss being involved in any kind of shoplifting or the incident involving Coles and Warrick. I said Moss and Coles both had character issues while in college and somehow you lumped that together and now are putting words in my mouth. Here is my exact quote "Yet, we're talking about lack of character or issues since these guys have been in the NFL. I could care less if Coles shopifted in college or what Randy Moss did at FSU or Marshall." Furthermore I even made it clear that Moss was kicked out of FSU for drugs not shoplifting. Exact quote "He got booted off the team in early '96 after he tested positive for drugs."[/B] [/B] So tell me where I said Moss was involved in the shoplifting incident with Coles. You can't because I DIDN'T. Anyone who follows football and isn't still a teenager would realize that the Coles/Warrick incident happened in '99 or 2000 when Moss was already tearing it up in the NFL. I dont need to look this up. This is just off memory.

Try reading my post next time before spinning it any way you feel like. I said Moss did attend FSU as I stated in my original post. The other guy said he never went to FSU which is flat out WRONG. Do you want to contend also that Moss never went to FSU? Because this was the only topic that I was debating.

I NEVER EVER said anything about Moss' involvement in the shoplifting issue with Coles and Warrick.

2 completely UNRELATED events. But somehow you figured out a way to combine the two and make it sound like I said Moss was involved in the shoplifting incident. My post was pretty clear and concise. I dont know how you made that assessment off of what I wrote. You are completely :eek:fftopic:

12. thegoldengod

i hate to throw fuel on the fire, but if you want a great wr with a mouth/big contract/who doesnt take plays off.....send the 2nd rounder to the cowboys for TO

13. JetsNation06

Thank you...I didnt think it was that hard to understand.

14. CHREBETSTHEBEST80

CHREBETSTHEBEST80 New Member

moss drops a lot of passes as of late. are you guys kidding??? get rid of Coles and get big mouth Moss. I dont think so. every year its the same thing get moss, get owens. WE HAVE NO NEED FOR A WIDE RECEIVER. Coles has 4 good years left in him while cotch has around 7 maybe 8.

15. Mangini6881

Mangini6881 New Member

NEW trade idea

Enough of teh Randy Moss talk...The money is way too much and not worth that risk with a young team. I do however think I have a fresh idea. The only way to get to Calvin Johnson is to get to the # 3 pick before Tampa Bay can draft him at 4. OR work out a deal with the Bucs to get the # 4 pick from them and take Calvin there.

Here are my two scenarios

1) Offer Coles and # 25 pick for # 4 pick and Tampa's 3rd round pick. The Jets then take Calvin Johnson at # 4 and still have their 2 second round picks as well as Tampa's 3rd. They upgrade the WR position and can use the other picks to draft their needs (DT, CB, LB) It also helps TB because they get a # 1 WR which fits their system, as well as keeping a 1st round pick to help out their OL or they can draft another WR (kid from LSU) to help their O

2) Offer # 25 pick, Bears 2nd rounder and Kellen Clemens for # 4 pick, Jeff Garcia/Chris Simms and like a 6th round pick. The Jets @ 4 can take DT Alan Branch to be the run stuffer they need on their D Line. With Chad proving he can stay healthy last year they can afford to give up Clemens and Im SURE Gruden would love the chance to upgrade from Garcia to get this kid. Again TB gets a 1st rounder as well as an extra 2nd round pick. We might be giving up a bit much but I think it would be worth it to get Branch

Thoughts on either scenrio?

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What planet would the Raiders have to be on to make that deal?

17. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Game. Set. Match.

18. thegoldengod

you just have to remember that some jets fans are complete idiots...like the guy who posted that

19. thegoldengod

you've come to the right thread...these terrible and unrealistic trade ideas fit right in

20. thegoldengod

here is a site...i want you to make it a favorite and look at it b4 making trade suggestions from now on
    http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp
    trade #1 has the bucs giving up 2050 value pts...and coles equaling 1430 or about the 7th or 8th pick in the first round...amazing amount of homer points to you
    as for the 2nd scenario you seem to have outdone the first...making kellen equal to the value of the 16th pick in the first round and the qb of choice....bravo

#60 thegoldengod, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007