Trade Mo Wilkerson for second pick in draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by footballfundamentals, Mar 19, 2015.

1. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Who says it wasn't?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

True. Maybe we can still get Dak for him?

3. footballfundamentals

Oh...what could have been....

4. footballfundamentals

Alot of posters were correct about Mariotta though

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That he was an overrated prospect? I agree.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Reading this thread is just depressing.

Only the Jets fan base, myself included, could get so wound up about all the possibilities of a clueless team dealing with a damaged talent. I guess the Revis shenanigans primed us all for what was a decidedly less interesting second chapter.

Hold on for Jamal and the Jets coming up next...

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe the Cowboys offer two 1st round picks for him and we'll use them to land Cameron Dantzler and Kyle Pitts.

8. Br4d

If the Cowboys offer 2 1sts for Jamal the Jets should be all over that. Those are prime pieces to pivot to All-Sam mode.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Cameron Dantzler is too slow. He ran something like a 4.6 40 at the Combine. I'm not nearly as high on him as I once was. Besides, I don't think he's anywhere near a 1st round pick.

If we were to trade Adams for two 1st round picks, I don't think we'd use them on a slow CB and an underweight TE. Between our 3 first round picks, we'd take an LT, WR and either a CB or an edge, but the CB wouldn't be Dantzler.

10. footballfundamentals

I reposted this because imo you have consider getting rid of certain players prior to giving them huge contracts. Additionally, we did not have a franchise QB and we had Sheldon Richardson on our team so that could have been several large contracts on the books, if even we decided to do that.

Bill Bellichek trade Chandler Jones, who might be in the Hall of Fame one day.

We probably should have traded Robbie Anderson. Adams is another story, as I did start a thread for trading him. I am still not sure what will happen there.

I saw a mock draft last night where Dak Prescott was signed and traded for the Dolphins two #1 picks this year so anything is possible. Personally, I think that might be a win win for both teams.

11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I don6 think Dak in Miami is a win. Right now he sits behind arguably the best o line with some of the best weapons in the nfl. His numbers were good but a lot of it had to do with supporting cast. In Miami he won't have that. Parker is stepping it up at wr, but outside that not so much. On top of that Miami o line is high school football compared to Dallas.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. footballfundamentals

I am not sure Jerry thinks Dak's 'the guy'. Paying Dak 25 or 30 Million a year (or whatever it is) will hurt the teams cap as they would have to pay Cooper also. They also gave Smith the LB a huge deal. Cowboys may need a mini reset to get over the hump. Miami can use a face of the franchise. Dak would get paid. Thats what I meant.

Edit

Maybe they can sign Brady and then have 2 first round picks. If I was Brady, I might be interested in that type of scenario.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Dak fail in Miami. My point was the new regime doesn't seem like the type to waste 2 first rounders on a player that would fail in their system. I just don't see it happening.

footballfundamentals likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I was just spitballing 2 names who have been considered 1st round picks for the next 2 drafts. Dantzler might not be worthy of a 1st round selection, but all indications are Pitts is gonna be next year if he declares. I don't think his weight is a big issue. Another TE prospect to look out for is Pat Freiermuth. We need weapons for Sam all over the field. Our current TE depth shouldn't stop us from taking a top TE prospect in 2021. I'm not sure there's be an OL or WR prospect worth taking at 17 in 2020. It's all probably moot anyway as Adams is likely not going anywhere.

#494 CotcheryFan, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  15. NCJetsfan

Kudos to you for already looking at the 2021 draft prospects! I think it depends upon what happens with your namesake. If he bounces back, stays healthy and clean this year and is very productive, we probably would draft a TE in the 3rd round or so, but I doubt in the 1st. IMO we'll more than likely be looking at adding an edge rusher, another OL or a CB with our #1 pick in 2021. #17 sounds about right if all goes well with FA and the draft.

16. NCJetsfan

I would love it if Miami did that. It would insure that they stay mediocre, if not bad. I think Dak behind about any OL other than Dallas's is a borderline starter/backup. I'm surprised he has done as well as he has even with Dallas' OL and playmakers

17. Br4d

If Dak was 'the guy' the Cowboys would have made the playoffs last year. It's not like they missed because they had the Patriots in the same division.

When you go +113 points and you are 8-8 with the kind of talent overload they had obviously the QB is not the person driving the narrative. He may be very good but no way no how is he great nor worth a $40M a year contract.