Trade Deadline Thursday @ 4PM (moved from Tuesday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If anyone's on the block it should be him or Moore. Pace was lucky to get that sack, it's like he completely forgot how to tackle. Somehow we need to grab a young LB and OG. I don't think we can wait until next year's draft.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Vick is one of the few quarterbacks who protects the ball less than Sanchez.
    (Although Vick clearly has more physical ability than Sanchez does)

I'm completely fed up with Sanchez, but I want our next quarterback to be a 1st round draft pick, not a veteran with a proven track record of consistently committing game-changing turnovers.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Fuck the entire team off to Jacksonville. For multiple third round picks.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I am totally against trading any draft picks for a player out of desperation.
    This team isn't going anywhere so to do something just for the sake of appeasement is not something I'm for.
    What I'd like more then anything is to fire the whole scouting department and put together a team of proven guys who can draft effectively, especially since it looks like we are going to have a top 10 pick.
    We need to stop buying other teams malcontents and assemble a team of high caliber and character players.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think trading Revis for a 3rd round rookie Qb is a great idea....wait what???

6. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

A lot of Vick's screw ups this UPS can be explained away. Im not a fan of his or the Eagles, but I live in their territory and this is my take.

The O-line Vick's playing behind is truly horrendous. If you think our O-line sucks, you have to see this. They were bad already, but they lost Jason Peters, Jason Kelce, and King Dunlap to injury. Those could easily be called their three best players, even though Peters is the only legit starter on that roster. Vick's basically counting on a makeshift group of guys that would be second/third string on other teams.

Im not really one for excuses, but if anybody has one it's Vick.

Dude gets hit literally every play. If you catch an Eagles game anytime this season count how many times Vick gets hit. You'll be overwhelmed. That has to take a huge tole on him.

Also almost all of his turnovers have been a result of protection breaking down, and him having to improvise. True he does a terrible job improvising.

I'd take Vick over Sanchez in a heartbeat. I just question how many healthy years he has left.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Wish I could have more discussions like then one we had on here.

Nope. Unless that silver platter was LeSean Mccoy and draft picks.

Mike Vick would be terrible here. Just doesn't fit him and his style of play

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Absolutely should get Vick if it is possible.

9. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Ship Sanchez and Holmes to Philly for Vick!....throw in tebow for a 4th round pick too!

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Do u see why you should never listen to fans and how to run your football team.

11. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

next thing we'll hear is we should be trade revis for hassleback

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Really no point complaining about Moore. I agree with you that he's been playing badly this season but he's gonna most likely retire. So he'll be off the team before you can even cut him. Another hole the FO needs to try & shore up by next season.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am not proposing trading Revis for a 3rd round rookie QB, I am proposing trading Revis, Sanchez, and their salaries for a 3rd round rookie QB.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we could trade THIS:

[​IMG]

For THIS:

[​IMG]

All would be forgiven...

15. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Butterfaces because the picture sucks and you can't see anything. Fail.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

You dont build a team through FA. You build a team through the draft. Look at the difference between the Jets and the Giants. Antel Rolle is their biggest FA addition in the last few years while we have went out and traded for or paid Bart Scott, Pace, Holmes, Cromartie, LT, Landry, Leonhard, Pool, Bell, Braylon, Plaxico ect... Draft picks for a team in rebuild mode is much more useful than money for the cap.

I dont know if you've noticed, but this has been the main thing wrong with Tanny and the current state of the franchise.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I agree the best way to build for the future is through the draft, as I have stated within this thread. That's doesn't change the fact that we are handcuffed with the salaries that you bring up yourself. Scott, Pace are all most certainly done with the Jets, unless some drastic pay cuts are accepted.

18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

@evansilva: ESPN's John Clayton also said there's "virtually no" chance of the #Chiefs dealing Dwayne Bowe before Thursday

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you do realize this is the same philly team that beat us by about 40 points last year, and is undefeated lifetime against us in real games?

shows you just how shitty sanchez is as a qb, when vick would be a vast improvement.:shit:

20. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

If we could get anything whatsoever for Brandon Moore, Calvin Pace, or Bryan Thomas, it would be great.