Top free agents for next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 2, 2012.

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Deep threat, but very inconsistent. I'd prefer Braylon, but Meachem wouldn't be terrible assuming a good price.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think Braylon would come cheaper than Meachem, and Meachem stats are inflated. You have to remember who was throwing to him.

3. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

You also gotta remember how they spread the ball to all receivers. He would be aight.

4. I like Laurent Robinson quite a bit. He's had trouble staying healthy and could be more of a NFC guy, but he has a little of that "basketball player" style that the Jets need opposite Holmes. He was a #3 in Dallas last year but I don't see any reason he cannot be a #2 in NY

5. duncc5

duncc5 Member

I'm a big fan of Robinson's game, I'm just worried that a lot of his success was because of the system he played in and the fact that opposing teams were focusing more on Witten, Austin, and Bryant. Although he did play very well when Miles was out. Someone will probably overpay for his services, I just hope it isn't us.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hey that shouldn't matter, i was under the impression that sanchez = brees...;)

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Word is Hunter + Ducasse will oikely be starting RT. Apparently they want Ducasse to have a legit shot at the spot

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I dont mind this we have to see were the kid is at this year to move on or whatever

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

in drive blocking I think Ducase is an amazing fit at RT and will be SO much better than everyone thinks.

hey it frees up money elsewhere to where we can draft an OG to replace Moore instead of making our best investment at RT.

we will see. 54 mins.......

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Neither do I. He was not nearly as much of a liability when they started using him sparingly later in the season in roles that he could handle. You could definitely see some progression as the season progressed. A big full year with offseason and time for him to mature more, combined with the switch to man...there's a pretty good chance he'll be alright once the season is in full gear.

That is a very helpful 1.6M. Also don't forget that we have 2M free money for cutting Eric Smith if and when we can address two safeties. Less likely sources of money could come from trading Hunter, Keller, Scott, or Pace. Plus not to mention upwards of 5M sitting there at any time by way of Holmes or Cro restructures which may or may not be a viable option as far as Tanny is concerned.

I think that Tanny could probably find an extra 10M on top of everything already if he absolutely needed it. There is no reason that he will need that much or should, but it seems to be there. I think he can instead plan to tack on the extra 1.6M along with either 2M for Smith and maybe one extra trade or restructure. I'd say we're looking at an extra 5M or so of cap space once Pouha's contract is updated.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We can only hope.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Im for

Braylon if healthy
    Lowery at the right price
    And some tackles to replace Hunter. Any will do.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do we know how healthy Braylon is?

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Nope

RT @BrianCoz: Just talked to someone who said Jets won't make immediate noise in free agency. So be patient.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

As expected. A few mid tier players, but thats about all.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Per Manish: RT @XAMSports: Per CBA each NFL Team can designate up to 3 players w/ 5+ accrued seasons for a $500K cap credit/player - $1.5M per team #nyj

So Im assuming that that can also increase our spending money in FA too?

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Holy crap Marshall got traded, there goes my pipe dream of stealing dolphin players cuz they cant afford them.

Unless it was to sign Peyton, Wayne, and'Clark then theres still hope

18. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Meachem to the bills. And marshall out of Miami.

19. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Wow. Chicago finally got their WR... two 3rd rounders? That's a great deal for the Bears. Also being reported that the Dolphins are not in on Flynn... You'd have to assume they've got something else up their sleeve...

20. This is fine..except for safety. that position has got to be addressed in free agency ASAP.