Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Royal Tee and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The recent resignings are great news for the special teams. Luvu, Copeland and Tomlinson are all really good special teams players. As are Cannon, Peake and Bellamy. I liked the emphasis last year on using the bottom of the roster on good special teams players. It seems we will he doing the same again this year.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think so as well, needs more minutes to see if he can take the next step forward.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Okay, so the draft is over. Which guys do you still want the Jets to sign?

Ezekial Ansah? Mo Claiborne? Nick Perry? Stefen Wisneiwski? Michael Crabtree? Brent Grimes? Some names out there who could still help the Jets.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Is John Sullivan still unsigned? He could be a 1 year stop gap at center until next draft.

Ziggy Ansah on a 1 year deal is intriguing.

7. K'OB

We need a centre so who is available in free agency or who would be willing to trade a capable centre from their squad?

8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

We absolutely need another starting CB. It might get some eye rolls from Jet fans, but bringing Claiborne makes sense.

9. K'OB

If fit, I have no problem with him coming back for another season.

10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

SNY posted the 5 remaining free agents the Jets should try to sign. https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/5-free-agents-still-available-that-jets-could-sign/306880024

1. Ziggy Ansah: He's injured and probably won't be cleared to play until August but for the right price I think he could help. Hasn't visited here. Has gone to Buffalo and Seattle that I can remember. For a guy who is 30 nand will probably get a prove it deal Seattle seems like the right fit. A competitive team with a need for an end.

2. Wisinewski: Visited here. Would make sense to come in and compete but probably more of a reserve c/g. Knowing that we don't have anyone behind Harrison he;d be ideal. Hopefully we can sign him.

3. Shane Ray: Young has a wrist injury. I liked him when he was coming out. If we don't get Ansah he'd be an option. Not as high on him as I once was.

4. Captain Munnerlyn: He's a slot corner. Not that I'm sold on Poole or Nickerson don't feel we need him. Maybe if he can play the outside but I'd say no. Best bet is to resign Claiborne have him and Roberts battle it out and we have some depth then that we would be ok.

5. Crabtree: Looking at it after the draft I'd probably say yes. Since we didn't draft one and after our starting 3 I'm concerned with who we have. Quincy I hope he can play the whole year but I'm just not sure. I'd prefer our 4th receiver being able to help on special teams but knowing that Quincy is injury prone I'm more open to it. I just think of when we played the Bears last year. Was it Rishard Matthews Deontay Burnett and Andre Roberts as our top three. I can see Crabtree signing with someone in August after an injury or he sees a team that he can come into and help. Be a nice signing but much like Ansah I think he signs with a contender.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The only ones I would consider are wisinewski and ray.
    I wouldn’t want to bury too many young guys by adding a bunch of vets.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I still don't get the fascination with Wisniewski. He's not good and then bitches when he gets benched. I wouldn't even want him as depth.

Would love Crabtree and would be intrigued by Ray. Ansah would be hard to be upset by too.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brent Grimes is washed up. Claiborne is washed up too but CB is a need and there was talk after the draft of Macc wanting to sign him back

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'd sign Munnerlyn. He is a tough, heady corner. He is also a great person and leader. He would do well as the slot corner here and would be the type of player you want the young guys to emulate

16. K'OB

John Sullivan centre for the Rams, 33/34 one season stop over to help us along?
    He has played every game for the last two seasons.

Or we could revisit Swanson who rocked up at Miami after we released him and played 11 games after the starting centre got injured.

There are 4 OT's listed in the top 50 list
    Veldheer - Broncos- 32yo- missed 4 games with injury
    Parnell - Jags-33yo- season ended by injury
    Schraeder-Falcons-31- no injury listed
    the 4th is 36yo and not a viable option, all RT's though.

I think Sullivan is worth a look depending on his wage.

LAJet likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's been a drop machine. Would much rather see Deontay Burnett get those snaps

K'OB and FJF like this.
  18. K'OB

I thought he showed a lot of promise in his limited time on the field.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I just hope he doesn't Chad Hansen us. Hansen had some nice grabs his rookie year. Hopefully he put the work in over the summer.

K'OB likes this.
  20. K'OB

Also true, it is easy for folk to nail Mac for this pick but he did show some ability in limited game time but was cut quickly in the second season, not sure what went wrong for him between rookie and pre-season but sometimes you do have to wonder about Bowles and his OC's, of course, he could have just not put the effort in and three more teams releasing him doesn't bode well for the future.