Top 15 New York Jets Career Receiving Leaders in Yards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jun 15, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm not sure I said it was tbh?

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Blimey!

I was supporting your post!

K'OB likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The NFLwas a run first league, but the AFL which the Jets played in was pass oriented which made it so entertaining in comparison. For those if us who watched them both then it was maddening to see the Jets morph into a run-first/defense focused franchise.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Huge Coles and Cotchery fan. Cotchery was like a bizzarro receiver. Never made a peep and seemed like an introverted guy

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cotchery knew what the QB's he played with were capable of. With Chad he'd put himself in a position where nobody but him could get to the football and Chad would put the ball on that spot like clockwork. They had so many tippytoe connections right on the sideline or at the very back of the endzone.

With Sanchez he knew the throw would come in hot and might be a little off-target so he would settle down in the zone at exactly the spot that it didn't matter if Sanchez was a little bit off on the throw. He knew it would come in fast and he'd be the only one who could get to it.

I've watched a lot of good receivers play for the Jets over the years and Cotchery remains one of my favorites because of how well he connected with his QB's. I wish he'd had a bit better injury luck and after Chad better QB's to throw to him.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Very underrated list of WR's. Rob Moore was a favorite of mine as a kid. Numbers didn't represent it but he was tough big receiver and a local guy. Was still a fan when he went to the Cardinals and had really god success. I honestly thought Santana Moss would have been at the bottom of the list somehow but he's not. I know we had Chad as our QB and Moss had a respectable 2003 season but man if we had a stronger arm QB to sling it to Moss he might have been really special. How strange was it that we traded Moss to get Coles back. Former teammates traded straight up for each other. Has that ever happen before?

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Blimey, where you?

Internet nuance is shit sometimes :oops:

Sorry

#27 K'OB, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022