Took 13 weeks and 12 games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 3, 2023.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that they can win any games down the stretch. They can't. They're going 4-13, something I've said around here since midway through the Chargers game when it became apparent we were going to lose. But they have to try to win these games. We have to move beyond the tanking thing now if this thing is ever going to improve.

So, in other words, it's never going to be fixed. We're going to be deficient in talent next year in both of those areas again, since our illustrious GM has proven incapable, or unwilling, to fix those ares, which have been areas of concern since before his arrival.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep... you may be right.

I just threw in the "tank" word because I'm sick of this shit and would hate to see any of our real talent get hurt.

jets_fan likes this.
  3. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

for a team expected to advance far into the p/o's and then finish in bottom 5 should get everyone fired.

the good news, our dumb owners usually make their decisions based on what the ny post and daily news write. so nobody will be saved by AR.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Things have to change... I can not believe we go into next season with the same offensive staff. Arod or not... How can they spin that? It's atrocious.

I miss Adam Gase's offense at this point, how terrible of a comment Is that? Christ.. Sigh. How does It keep getting worse? We don't deserve this shit.

5. jets_fan

I do too. He would at least get a TD on that opening drive. Think of where we would be if we just had that.

Jets79 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  6. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

"Jets offense is worst in franchise history after sixth straight game of under 14 points scored."

7. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I would normally say that the experts know better than the fans- but with this team, honestly the Jets would be better off if they were run by Twitter poll than by the Jets actual leadership.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy to go look, but have they scored more than 13 points on offense in any game this season? And I mean actually on offense, not games where the defense or special teams scored, teams let them walk in, or they took over in the red zone.

9. The_Darksider

This is the sad, sad truth.

10. jets_fan

If you take away those things, the better question would be whether or not they've scored at all.

The_Darksider likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

I actually laughed out loud. I am going to look now and report back. I'm pretty sure they have not.

jets_fan likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

Chiefs and Broncos. And the Broncos are borderline since they put up 22 on offense, five field goals and a 72 yard run by Breece Hall. (EDITED - originally wrote 4 FGs in error).

The 2 quarters where Zach Wilson played like an NFL quarterback are the only times the Jets have had any serious offensive production this year, at all, much less just by the quarterback position.

We are now 12 games into the season.

Horrifying.

#32 The_Darksider, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
    jets_fan and ProfJets like this.
  13. jets_fan

Even sadder stat. The Jets have as many offensive TDs scored on the season as the Dolphins scored in their game against the Broncos.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yup. The HC has a totally defensive mind set. The offense is way too conservative.

REVISion likes this.
  15. The_Darksider

The really sad thing, the saddest of them all, is that someone mentioned that weeks and weeks ago. The fact that they scored only one touchdown in all that time means all these weeks later, it is still true.

I'm gonna go drink now.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

What a thorough and utter shit show. Nothing more need to be said. I'm getting close to the end, life is too short to spend football Sunday's blindingly angry. NOTHING is going to change and we all know it. At least not within the next year or two anyway.

Everyone O.K. with that?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Can't argue with history. But I got getting Rodgers.

Jets have a championship defense. The bets on the o line, Becton, Brown, McGonern, ATV didn't work out. the QB situation is surely on JD.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This team was "expected to advance far into the p/o's" only by those who refused to look at it objectively and chose to go the well beaten hopes and dreams path of the past.