Tony Richardson released, expected to return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phins Rock, Sep 5, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they aren't picking up anyone. I don't think you get what's going on.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Hilarious comment...

Who's this guy?
    [​IMG]

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

bad move if he isnt signed week 2

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

fist pump bro!

5. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

It's called not getting overly attached to your players. This isn't Madden or fantasy football, Jones, Faneca, and Richardson were shadows of their former selves. And Feely was let go so they can sign a non-cut UFA. So you ask Feely was let go for what? That what is Jason Taylor. Pretty decent "trade" imo.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

A lot of emotional reactions about T Rich. OK, so he was a leader of sorts, but he is a part time FB in his late 30's that doesn't play special teams. I'm not suprised at all when the tough choices had to be made. Keeping 2 FB's is a luxury, keeping one that is a part time non-special teams FB is nearly a waste of a roster spot. In short, do you keep a part time player past his prime soley for his leadership qualities? I was surprised he lasted this long.

When I saw 4 TE's on the roster, I knew there was a good chance TR would get cut... I don't know what thread it was, but I said so... yesterday or this morning, I forget. I have a memory like a 2000 pound safe, but I forget the combination.

7. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

I'm more upset about Washington being cut over Woodhead, but I understand. Woodhead can also play some receiver so I think that played into it. Wouldnt be surprised to see Woodhead cut once LC comes back, and perhaps Washington coming in for Turner in week 2.

As for TRich, they had to convince him not to retire so no biggie either way.

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Tony Richardson released

God damn!! Is there some
    Sort of way they can bring him back as a coach or assistant?

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

WHAT?!?!!? This sucks! Richardson has been a great leader for us

10. 624

624 Banned

Would Tanny say this if he was planning on bringing him back after Week 1?

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I hate to say this but Sanchez is a goofball ... there is nothing about him that says "Leader" ... everything from his actions to his body language shows a complete absence of leadership. Would you follow this kid?? I know I wouldn't. He has no credibility as a leader.

I love the talent on this team but the lack of leaders is starting to worry me. TJ, Faneca and now T-Rich ... all great team leaders on offense and all gone now. The only guys I see filling that void are Mangold right now, and hopefully Holmes when he gets back in. I actually think Brunell has the right qualities, but don't think a backup QB can lead.

12. 624

624 Banned

I'm pretty sure NDmick was being sarcastic, implying that we can't be suckers to how HBO edits their shows.

If our coaches had a real concern about the leadership implications, this move wouldn't have been made.

#212 624, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Relax yourself dude. The team will be fine without all of these "leaders" for right now.

Once the season starts, the new "leader" will surface and all will be good.

I will miss Richardson a ton and although I'm sure he will get picked up elsewhere, I do hold hope we can somehow bring him back.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

maybe you missed the articles about him stepping into the role and how the veterans have reacted to him.

If Hard Knocks didn't committ an entire segment to the leadership angle, we wouldn't be shitting our pants.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Turner would be cut for LC...WR for WR. That would only make sense.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a team of talented players in their prime or entering their prime years than a roster full of 30+ year old guys on the decline (Faneca, Jones, Richardson, Coles).At the end of the day, it is about performance on the field and not leadership from players on the sidelines.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right ... I hope so. But the kid's body language sucks. Always slumping with his head down ... and if it wasn't an ongoing thing I don't think Cananaugh would have read him the riot act a few weeks ago.

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

He's being a good leader and taking a paycut for Revis' greedy ass. How is that Shocking? T-Rich has always said he wants to put other people in a position to succeed. That's what he's doing for John Conner, That's what he's doing for the Jets. Richardson will be resigned 5 minutes (not literally) after the Ravens game.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That I agree with, he hasn't learned the "professional look"

But he's upset that he turned the ball over and put the pressure on the D again. I'd be pissed too.

He does pout, but I wish he'd do what I do when I play sports - curse at myself and call myself tons of fucked up names and walk myself through mechanics like I'm 4 years old until I get it right. That would be pretty entertaining to watch.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I don't know what's worse:

the fact that Richardson was released, or the fact that this thread was started by a Dolphins fan with <100 posts.