Tony Hunt or Michael Turner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jan 23, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Not seeing why everyone is so into Mike Bush. He's a huge guy who runs like he's a little guy without little guy speed, moves, or agility.

Hunt I really like. But I don't see him as a game changing type of RB. Then again, no one would say that about Curtis Martin or Jerome Bettis either, and they're HOFers anyway.

Still, Turner has better speed than both, has shown the ability to break tackles neither has at the pro level, and basically looks like far more of a game breaker than any of them. Most of the Turner doubt stems from the fact that he wasn't a starter, but that hasn't hurt guys like Chester Taylor, Priest Holmes, and so on.

Best way to go: Build up offensive line and get Turner.

If anything: Build up line and get either of the two others.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Amen.
    I'm there for Bush too.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:rofl: you arent serious let me see big and slow or big and fast i would much rather turner in fact i dont want hunt at all.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

Another thing: How many 6'2 RBs actually work out?

5. pakijet

pakijet New Member

select the bets available player...dont go after hunt or turner. go for a young all around back like lynch....

6. JetsLookingforDWare

After the news about Lynch, he may fall out of the top 10. Heres hoping he does fall to us, because he'll be an absolute steal.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We will not draft Lynch is these allagations are true.

8. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agree with you. Too many critics of TURNER do not know why they are critics at all! LOL The guy has a real chance to be great and has been in the NFL and has somewhat proven himself. A kid just being drafted is a bigger risk then TURNER is but still the critics fire away! Let them! I am not so sure that ERIC wants a RB in rd 1. IMO he will opt for DEFENSE!

9. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

The criticism of Turner is simple. He hasn't proven anything, he's going to cost big money long term, and it's less sensible to invest that much money in an unproven running back when a similar commodity could be had younger, cheaper, and in the second round.

The Jets got a late first rounder for John Abraham, a Pro Bowl player at a premiere position. The most they should give up for Turner, an unproven commodity, is a third round pick.

-X-

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Wrong.

And who would that be? Michael Bush who hasnt played football since 05? Tony Hunt who makes Slow-Mo Clarrett look like Ben Johnson?

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My thoughts on Turner are that his 2006 stats arre impressive with 502 yards on 80 carries for a 6.3 yard average.

What is glaring in his career, so far, is his very limited use as a receiver out of the backfield.

This guy has really only played 2 seasons in the NFL because he was injured most of 2004. He does have potential, but I would not be salivating over him.

He is definitely not worth a first round pick at all, IMO. I heard late second mentioned - maybe. Third rounder? also, maybe.

This guy was drafted as a fifth rounder by SD. Granted, it is all about what you have done recently, but I would not go crazy here at all.

Reggie Bush taught me a lot. I thought he was going to be off-the-charts, a super star. He is good to very good (would definitely have him on the Jets, but he was not a #2 pick, IMO) but no where near the level of play I expected. NFL defenses are the equalizer.

Lawrence Maroney seemed to contribute more to NE than Bush did to NO.

I would like to see us use one of our second round picks on somebody we have really invested a lot of time in scouting, and are very sure he will fit into our system.