Tony Dungy wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly, polar opposites. Dungy is very religous and quiet. Rex is loud and brash...clash of styles to say the least.

2. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Hey guy's, I just popped in to see what kind of backlash I'd get for my Youtube postin --

***Smacks Forehead on Wall of Text***

OUCH! My Foreskin!

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

People actually should be criticizing the people who asked the question in the 1st place. Everybody knew how Dungy would respond so why ask it unless your looking to either take a shot at the Jets or get people riled up over nothing which is exactly what happened.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Yes, but Dungy should have known that his actions (of helping thugs get back into the NFL) have a bigger negative effect on the NFL's image than Rex's. so why did he put it into that context? He did not have to answer the question.

I like Dungy and think he is a great guy or at least the media portrays him as such. I am also sorry for what he had to go through with his son but when he answered the question he opened up the comparison to his actions.

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Who really cares?

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

The only issue I had as a football fan was Dungy's suggestion that Goodell should go and have a talk with Ryan over it. I thought that was a little over the top. He could have just said, "Rex has his style, I have mine, and I wouldn't necessarily do things the way he does them" and leave it at that. The whole Goodell angle made him sound like he's crusading a bit.

But I agree with you that at his core, Dungy is probably a better person than me, you, or most people here.

7. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

I was just watching PTI and they just brought this up and made a great point about Dungy calling for Goodell to do something about Ryans swearing, meanwhile he was behind Vick getting a second chance during his whole debacle with you know, torturing animals. So Dungy's opinion means nothing to me....

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Tony was nothing more than a average coach who was lucky enough to have Peyton Manning as his QB.

Dungy is nothing more than an Edwards, but he lucked into a ring.

9. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Dungy is a product of peytom manning, like last years thomas jones and our offensive line. Both good player/coach, but replaceable

10. BleedGreenandWhite

BleedGreenandWhite New Member

dungy needs to stfu and stop getting involved in shit that dosent pertain to him

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I wonder if Dungy wanted players who listened to music with bad words..

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Come on the guy earned that ring, he built the Tampa team that won the SB with Gruden. He drafted all those guys that won that thing. He also gave Manning a defense which he never had with Mora. Without Dungy's defense the Colts and Manning are still searching for #1. Dungy has been nothing but a class act and he was asked the question and he answered it. I don't agree with his perspective but the guy always has won with class and dignity.

13. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

So Dungy is fine w mentoring that scum bag Vick, but he has a problem w Rex cursing?

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Dungy is a total fraud and has been since he quit. He does nothing but tell the world how great fuckin Vick is and then says that about Ryan..just another racist asshole.

Oh, sorry just saw the post above...so yeah, I am agreeing with that ^^^.

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I don't think that Dungy deserves too much credit for building the TB Super Bowl team, because they choked in the playoffs repeatedly while he was coach. They had to fire him to win a Super Bowl.

He gets full credit for winning in Indy though. A Super Bowl is a Super Bowl, even if Rex Grossman was the real MVP of that game for Indy.

:rofl: Seriously, you think that Dungy's issue is that Rex Ryan is white?

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Seriously, I do. If Ryan was black and on hard knocks and did the exact same thing he wouldn't say a word...not one word.....and I would bet anything on it. I'm not saying he said that because Ryan is white, I am saying he said that because Ryan is not black.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, okay. He was nothing more than average.

Look at how many coaches failed in Tampa Bay.

Then look at what Dungy did there.

Now tell me how Dungy was nothing more than an average head coach.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Does anyone remember what Dungy's kid had on his facebook page? I don't like to bring it up really, but Dungy is out of touch with young people. Kids and young men curse like there is no tomorrow these days. It's in their music, it's in their speech. That is the reality. Dungy lives in a world with a blanket pulled over his head. What happened to his son... well, I have to wonder if he even knew how to communicate on the kid's level.

Dungy needs to do some self evaluation. Not Rex. The world isn't going to be the way you want it to be Tony. Smell the coffee.

19. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

guy would have vick on his team who kills dogs, has birthday parties where people get shot, knowingly gives women herpes, and has a brother who fucks 15 year olds. but god forbid somebody swear.

20. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Dungy should start fucking worrying about keeping his kids from killing themselves before he worries about someone else's language.