Tony Dungy wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

1050 playing audio of Rex's reaction now.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm glad as hell that Rex Ryan is our coach ... and believe me, my language is far from the Queen's English plenty of times ... but I just want to say this ...
    I hear so many people saying ... "its the NFL... That's how people in the league talk" ... but if dropping f-bombs is so common among NFL coaches and players, then why is this the first time this has ever been an issue on the show? The show has been on the air for about 6 years, right?

Like I said ... I love Rex and I'm not offended when I hear an occasional f-bomb ... but there is a such thing as over-doing it. Maybe Tony Dungy has a point. I'm just saying.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXuiqdvZ4E[/youtube]

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Doesn't a true Christian accept a man for who he is?

I got rid of religion a long time ago.

5. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Jets’ Ryan says Dungy ‘unfairly judged me’

Jets’ Ryan says Dungy ‘unfairly judged me’

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer 2 hours, 9 minutes ago

CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP)—Rex Ryan wants Tony Dungy to know he’s more than just a foul-mouthed coach.

Dungy criticized the New York Jets coach earlier this week for his Rex-pletive-filled appearance on the premiere episode of HBO’s “Hard Knocks.”

“The thing is, I’ve been a big admirer of Tony Dungy, and I’m sure a lot of people are,” Ryan said Wednesday. “I felt that he unfairly judged me, and that was disappointing to me.”

Dungy, a devout Christian, told “The Dan Patrick Show” on Monday that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell should talk to Ryan about his excessive cursing because, “I just don’t think the league needs that.” Dungy, who won a Super Bowl with Indianapolis, is an NFL analyst for NBC.

Ryan said he called Dungy and left a message that included his telephone number, and anticipated hearing back from him.

“I’ve invited him to come to camp or any time to spend the day with me and the organization,” Ryan said. “I think maybe he’ll have a different take on it.”

Ryan said last week he only cared that he disappointed his mother, Doris, but apologized if he offended “more people than I usually offend.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said there is no chat planned between Goodell and Ryan.

“No, Rex’s mother delivered the message,” Aiello told The Associated Press.

Ryan was asked if he was surprised Dungy suggested that the commissioner get involved.

“I think I was more surprised that he judged me,” Ryan said.

Ryan was criticized by some fans and media for what they thought was an excessive use of profanity during the show, which first airs at 10 p.m. EDT on Wednesdays. The five-part “Hard Knocks” series chronicles the team through training camp.

In the premiere, Ryan is shown using profanity during a team meeting and while talking to players and coaches. HBO posts warnings to viewers about the language contained in the program, and replays have profanity bleeped out during the day.

He also reiterated Wednesday that he will always be himself—colorful language and all.

“I’m a good person,” Ryan said. “Just because somebody cusses or whatever doesn’t make them a bad person. Just because a guy doesn’t cuss doesn’t make him a good person. So, I’ll stand by my merits.”

Ryan said he had “no idea” if there would be less profanity in the second episode. Then he was informed that HBO’s preview indicated sharp-tongued special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff would be featured.

“Then,” he said with a grin, “there could be more.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-ryan-dungy

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

7. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Y'all keep bringing up Manning when explaining why you don't like Dungy as a coach....I'm still trying to figure out Tampa Bay. Year after year they get pushed out of the playoffs. Dungy gets shit canned. Insert Gruden. First year...Super Bowl. Wtf?

8. The Uniform Bomber

Michael Kay was ripping Dungy a new one today. Brought up the Vick point and how Dungy is a little snitch who runs to the principal.

Went on to say that he respects Rex a lot for taking the high-road, because he (Kay) would have probably responded by using profanity at Dungy lol.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Maybe I'm just a lil slow today but who is the "what's his name" that Buddy is referring to?

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Dungy..it was an obvious point of disrespect by not even mentioning his name.

11. The Uniform Bomber

Dungy. I think Buddy was referring to Dungy's comment, "I wouldn't hire Rex Ryan."

So Buddy retorted, "Rex would never apply to work for 'what's his name'." (Or whatever the exact wording Buddy used was.)

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Damn, that was intense. Coles's face = "holy shit"

From KSK:

#192 BadgerOnLSD, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. The Uniform Bomber

Exactly. Buddy won't take that shit.

14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If Dungy was truly religous and caring, he would take a vow of silence and spare us all.

15. The Uniform Bomber

^^^ Hahah nice KSK write-up.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

ahh tru yea that makes sense

what's better is he called him 'wats his name' and then referred to him as dungy later in the interview lol

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You know the guy that would hire some guy that sticks electrified rods up dogs asses to torture them for shits and giggles, you know that guy.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Possibly.

See, the thing is Buddy Ryan frequently referred to his own players by their jersey numbers. He's just not good with names. Some of his interviews after games with the Eagles and Cardinals were classic.

19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Dungy should shut his effing pie hole when it comes to questions like that.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member