Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Fans said the same about Emmitt Smith after the 1997 season and they said it about Curtis Martin after the 2003 season. Not every fan, of course, and perhaps not you specifically, but people did declare Smith and Martin done before they actually were done.
    I'm sure people said Larry Csonka was done when he was playing with the Giants. Then, in 1979, he went back to the Dolphins and ran for 837 yards and scored 13 total touchdowns.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm calling bullshit on this. We should all know the cycle by now: Great season with playoff meltdown, shitty season, great season with playoff meltdown, shitty season, great season with playoff meltdown, shitty season...etc.

He's up for a shitty one.

3. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYm_1gSfwA8[/YOUTUBE]

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

don't worry vickblows will get that ass soon enough.. He'll learn then.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Man I really have to say no thank you. The Jets got rid of Jones and now they are bringing in LT. One malcontent from San Diego is good enough. I normally do not mind bringing in HOF players on their last legs. I just do not want ones from a team that chokes every year without fail and was a main cog on said team. bleh. .........

7. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I really am impartial to the whole thing if he does sign so be it, if not I could care less

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well it's the only Non Jets Jersey I own...just would have to spray paint it green. Considering I can't wear my Rhodes jersey ever again it would be a small consolation.

9. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The guy hates Belichick so I say he's welcome here. By splitting carries with Greene and Leon, he could probably have a decent impact here without a heavy workload.

10. ASITS

ASITS Member

its pathetic how you all were so against this last week and now it doesnt sound like a bad idea... just look at the same posters on both threads..its sad

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Awesome contribution, welcome to the board.

I would be a fan of us picking up LT because he would be a great locker room presence and mentor for Greene should he choose to tutor him. Since we had one of the best offensive lines last year (and hopefully next year), he could definitely have an efficient season as a Jet.

And considering he is coming to NY after his visit to MINN, I say it is extremely likely he is going to become a Jet.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you don't really think L.T. was the main cog in any of that choking do you? when i think about chokes by the chargers two people come to mind. nate kaeding and schotty senior.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Behind our O-line, he'd be comeback player of the year --

Plus he'd sell a lot of jerseys -- we all know our FO is fond of that.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He may or may not be a choker. I just know he comes from the biggest bunch of choking dogs the last 7 years. He was arguably the most important player on that team.........

Am I going to outright call him a choker? Probably not. I am just not a fan of players that come from teams like that.

15. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

who the fuck are you?

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

that's fine and i can respect that, i just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to say the chargers choked a lot so L.T. is a choker.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Anyone that thinks LT wouldn't be a great pickup is out of their minds. Completely. Those who say "I'd rather draft a back" haven't looked at our draft pick situation, or the age of our lines. Every pick we do not spend on a lineman in April is a waste IMHO.

LT at 32 > CM at 32, and at 32 you guys thought CM was the man. What if Greene goes down again at some point? LT would fill in amazingly behind our line.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Cool, he may sign and really help. There is just something wrong with the leadership in that locker room (the Chargers). Maybe it is just San Diego and the Jets have more than enough leadership.

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I can't speak for San Diego, but I can't imagine an offensive unit containing characters like Mangold, Faneca and Richardson allowing any defeatist or careless attitudes. This team's got character in abundance, and an experienced head like LT will fit in just beautifully with the Jets unit I reckon.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

As one of those people last month, not last week, I will fully own up to it. I can't speak for everyone, but I found the other thread ridiculous at the time because I figured LT would command a higher price than we would get TJ to resign for. I still don't want LT if he commands a high price, but the market for him has been so limited that I can see a chance at signing him as a cheap 3rd back. If the price is right, I'm in favor, but only in the last week have I thought there was a chance in hell the price would be right.