Tom moore appreciation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan2k3, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I think Tom Moore is just a hologram designed to pacify the outcry of Jetfans who want Schotty gone.

2. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I dont understand why you think the wildcat is such a terrible idea??? Like your only real arguement could be that it messes up our offenses and sanchez's rhythm but thats so untrue, because with all the pre snap bullshit and stupid shit schotty insists on confusing mark with, we never establish any kind of rhythm...ever.

Dont get me wrong I think the option bullshit is retarded, but I dont mind Greene taking a few direct snaps a game.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I think Greene and/or LT running it isn't so bad. Kerely only played QB in High School, so I don't see the benefit of having him run it. LT is also known for throwing a few passes in his day, so there is a known threat when he's out there.

4. lamont_jordan_rules

moore = great

wildcact = s*ck

l_j_r

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Yeah I was just kidding around, I didn't know the specifics of what was going on with Peyton. Ends up, the odds are the colts would release him if they're going to draft luck, they owe Peyton 28 million come march.

Archie thinks Luck and Peyton won't play together:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...and-andrew-luck-want-to-be-teammates/related/

Peyton Manning has said that, by March, his future in Indianapolis will become apparent. As the Colts close in on the ability to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, Archie Manning has provided the first tangible evidence to suggest that a divorce is coming.

Specifically, Archie doesn’t believe that Peyton and Luck will want to be teammates in Indianapolis.

“I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio’s Zakk & Jack Show on Tuesday. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player . . . he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too. . . .

“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. . . . I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”

It wasn’t an accident or a coincidence. It was a clear sign that, if the Colts plan to take Luck, Peyton will be looking for a path out of town. And for good reason. With the first overall pick worth more than ever this year, Peyton surely would prefer that the Colts trade the rights to Luck for players and/or draft picks who could help Peyton win more Super Bowls.

Of course, it’s also possible that Archie has advised Oliver on the procedure for making a power play, which Archie did seven years ago when Eli Manning forced his way out of San Diego. And so, if Andrew Luck makes it clear that he doesn’t want to play for the Colts, the Colts could keep Peyton.

Either way, this all needs to happen before early March, since the Colts owe Peyton another $28 million at that point. If it doesn’t, there’s a chance that the Colts end up not with both players, but with neither.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

It really wouldn't make sense with us given the contract we have Sanchez under and with how much improvement he has shown from year to year.

Really, going to another team doesn't make sense for Peyton Manning either. Next season, at 36 years old, why bother?

7. felker

felker Active Member

It's an important question. Add in the fact that Moore is 73 you have to wonder if bringing in these two late career guys into a new team would do more harm than good to the Jets.

8. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

The wildcat/direct snap plays directly led to two penalties, which is a problem. If we can cut out the sloppiness then I'm fine with running direct snap plays though--we may not have broken a big play with it last week, but it proved no less effective than handing the ball off and it gives the defense something else to gameplan for.

In the new NFL where you're not allowed to breathe on a QB and you're barely allowed to cover receivers, I could see a QB like Manning having 3 or 4 great years left if his neck fully heals. He's one of the smartest quarterbacks in the history of the sport, if anyone can learn to adjust as he ages it's probably Manning.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We have a good, young QB. Why would we want an expensive guy at the end of his career who has been mostly a choker anyway?