Tom Brady wishes Patriots fans were more like Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Sep 15, 2010.

1. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

I've only been to one game, xmas 07 vs the fish. It was raining and cold, but I bought my ticket and I damn sure stayed for the whole game.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Since I don't get the chance to go often, when I do go to a game, I stay for the duration, even when it's the last game of the season against the Bills and it only determines who drafts second and who drafts third. Maybe it's not so special for season ticket holders...

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yep, this is what everyone forgets. The Patriots had like 53 fans before 2001. I specifically remember spending a couple of weeks in Boston when I was a senior in high school and I met more transplanted Giant fans than Pats fans. Nobody gave a fuck about that team in the Boston area before Belichick and Brady.

4. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I stay till the end every game. I always did. If I left early I woulda missed minday night miracle. I woulda missed losman fumble. So I stay for every single game.

5. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

I agree - pretty much every fan base has fans that leave early... God, the last two years during the new stadium construction, you pretty much had to leave early if you wanted to get within 6 hours.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wish our QB was more like the Patriots QB

7. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think Parcells, Bledsoe and Kraft saved the Patriots in the early 90's

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

sounds like you have never experienced the meadowlands traffic. dude, when its a blowout, you get the hell out of that place. its downright atrocious trying to leave normally.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is just more proof that the Patriots hate their own fans. Hahahahahahaha

10. Jet Setters

Jet Setters New Member

What fanbase doesn't do this?

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just regained my voice late last night, and I do think to be fair that the Jets fans have stepped their game up after the comments Rex made last year.

A pumped up fan base = ruthless homefield advantage

And I think Brady is always pissed that the Pats are a clear #2 in Boston even with their performance.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the air raid sirens are back, too.

14. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

Our fans better pick it up this game... We weren't loud enough last game and it was tight the whole time. I hope we aren't leaving eatly like those fags in Boston. We only have 8 games... you would think you spend enough time at home you might as well stay late the one of the eight times you go to a game.... everyone needs to grabs the balls and pick it up a notch---We should all want the loudest craziest stadium in the league..

15. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

honestly, i don't like it. it's using unnatural methods to distract opponents which is not fair in my opinion.

Using crowd noise to gain an advantage is awesome, but if I was on the receiving end of air raid sirens, I'd be annoyed as hell.

16. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Another version:

Tom Brady: Patriots Fans Could Learn From Jets Fans
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/15/tom-brady-patriots-fans-could-learn-from-jets-fans/
    9/15/2010 9:20 PM ET By J.J. Cooper

Patriots' fans are pretty much willing to let Tom Brady be Tom Brady. He can miss offseason workouts to spend time with Gisele and his kids in California. He can have his male model-esque photo shoots and sport a haircut that just simply shouldn't be seen on an NFL quarterback. When you have a Hall of Fame quarterback, you don't really complain about much.

But it will be interesting to see how they take being compared unfavorably to Jets fans.

Brady, apparently, was a little unhappy with how many Patriots' fans bolted from the stadium with a victory over the Bengals in Week 1 seemingly in hand. So he dropped this zinger on Wednesday.

"The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd, who when I looked up, half the stadium was gone when we were up 21 points early fourth quarter, which I wasn't so happy about," Brady said. "I don't think the Jets fans leave early. They're going to be loud the whole game. Communication is always an issue."

Actually at that point in the game, the Jets fans aren't leaving. But they were sticking around on Monday night to boo their inept offense.

It is probably true that Jets fans are hungrier than Patriots fans -- after all, there aren't a whole lot of New York diehards who remember 1969 (the Jets' only Super Bowl win), as opposed to the Patriots' run in the past decade. Which is Brady's point: a successful team, and its fans, have to fight complacency. On Wednesday, Brady was trying to make sure his team's fans don't start phoning it in.

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most of the time it was on was after a kickoff return during a TV timeout

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Considering the only people within a mile of the field had to put up $20Gs for two seats, I'm not sure how rowdy they are. That's a general statement for sure, but people like me who are passionate and stay to the end have for the most part been moved far from the action or out of the place completely. I don't know that we'll ever recreate last year's Pats or Bengals games. I hope I'm wrong, though.

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Haha I was the last one out of section 146 trying to let the penalties and putrid offensive performance sink in...

20. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

There was a period from around 1989 to 1993 that the Patriots basically dropped off the Boston sports radar. But you're absolutely off-base otherwise. I don't know if you're a young guy, old guy, whatever... but the Patriots were solid throughout the late 70s and mid 80s and had a good following around here.

Then, from 1989 to 1993, in five full seasons, the Patriots won a total of 19 games. I don't think it takes a genius to point out that any team, in any sport, that has a run of futility like that will not garner a lot of fan attention. Should we talk about the current state of, say, the NY Islanders and see how they're doing attendance-wise?

In 1993 both Bledsoe and Parcells came on board. And the Patriots started selling out the stadium. And it's been sold out pretty much since.

Maybe you started paying attention to them in or around 2001, but a team doesn't stay in the same place for more than 50 years without fans.