today's practice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Aug 9, 2008.

1. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

yea I just couldn't respond-I wanted to tell you I really like this Dwight Lowery kid and think we will have a great set of starting CB's with Revis and him for the next 5 years...Lowery LOOKS like a real football player to me....and yea about Ratliff...good call JC...I like his style over Clemens

2. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

I wouldn't worry too much about your receivers dropping Favre's passes. In fact, if I were you guys, I'd be worried if they didn't drop a bunch of 'em, because that'd mean Brett's lost some arm since last season. This was an annual ocurrence in Green Bay; even veteran receivers would always drop a lot of passes the first day or two of camp. Donald Driver used to say that if you'd never caught the guy before, there was just no way to prepare for how hard the ball hit your hands. He said all you could do was get used to it. He compared it to trying to catch a bowling ball. He also said that even if you'd played with the guy for years, your hands sort of forgot during the offseason how hard he threw - said you'd work it around in your mind to the point where you were telling yourself, "Nah, I must be remembering it wrong. He couldn't have really been throwing that hard." Then the first day of camp, you'd be saying, "Oh, yeah. I guess he does really throw it that hard."