To Much Sanchez Love from Announcers!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

No, he didn't.

He played very poorly against the first team defense. Leon Washington led him on a touchdown drive after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed left the game.

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I do believe that Herman has become even more stupid than he was when in NY. Didn't think that was possible, but his use of the word condusive was laughable.

3. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

I was actually somewhat impressed with Clemens tonight. Sanchez looked a little happy feet and overwhelmed but he brought it back nicely with the TD. Time to devlop and settle his nerves will make a tremendous difference.

I would start Clemens.

Am I the only one who thinks Ainge throws funny? Kind of all loosey goosey mixed with a bit of herky jerky.

#23 Mr Potato Fro, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This was Sanchez's first game against a bigtime D. WTF did anyone expect, the second coming of Dan Marino?

He calmed down and made a great throw at the end. He got bashed around and hung in there. That was pretty encouraging considering how the QB's we have had in the last few years have folded like a cheap suit under pressure.

This is going to be a great week between the Gholston (deserved) and Sanchez (undeserved) stupidity......

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they are still calling the long pass a great pass. so wait the guy was wide open and he was underthrown and had to stop almost letting the db make a play. i just dont see how they can say that was a great pass.

this kid is going to have tough days,i would rather they be now than in the middle of the season.however the love affair has to stop, please dont expect TOO much from a rookie!

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think KC is the guy who should take the reigns. I am far more impressed with what he has to offer at this point. Later down the road, I'm all for, Sanchez. I'm just not ready to hop on that roller coaster yet.

KC played better tonight, he may have been playing against second string players, but he was working with second string players too. It equals out. KC didn't have Neon Leon as a crutch tonight. :rolleyes:

7. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Our bye week comes week 9 right smack in the middle of our season. The 1st half is definitely tougher defense wise than the 2nd half. I think the perfect time to bring in Dirty Dirty is week 10 vs the Jaguars. When asked by ESPN about the QB competition and what other situations will factor in his decision, Ryan mentioned the schedule being tough in the very beginning. I'm not a fan of throwing rookie QBs into the fire especially ones with his lack of experience.

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a weak arm. In our next draft, we should take a QB who can throw it through a wall like Flacco, Cutler.

Tired of seeing weak ducks floating over the line of scrimmage and into the arms of opposing defenders.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I've noticed several things that remind me of the Herm years.

Throwing for 8 on 3rd and 10.
    Potential noodle arm QB with lousy back ups.
    Coach who can't stop saying stupid shit.
    Defense that has a problem with the option (granted it was like the 3rd string by then)
    This is bad.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

While it wasn't 'great' did you happen to notice he rolled out and threw? It's not like he dropped back, planted, and threw in rhythm. The bottom line is, he made the read (LB on Washington) and threw the ball exactly where it needed to be.

Weak? Sanchez may not have Flacco's arm, but not many QBs do. The only reason Ray Lewis didn't pick that ball off was because it had zip. A weaker armed QB who would've lofted that in there (won't mention any names) would've been INTed.

Sanchez's arm is fine. Coming out of High School, you don't get ranked the top QB in the country with a weak arm.

11. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I wasn't surprised at all tonight from Sanchez's performance. I actually had a feeling he would throw a pick or two and get knocked around from the ravens D. This is good for him, he needed to start tonight to learn from it. He may not hit his stride till midseason, but we shouldn't be expecting much this year anyway.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Really? I can understand not having faith in him starting for the team, but now he's a below average BACKUP? Let's see...32 teams, so we'll say the top 6 are great backups, next 6 are good, next 6 average, then 6 below average, and then 8 terrible ones. Please, tell me who these 18 better BACKUP QBs are.

My favorite line of the night was Ron Jaworski commenting that we had "three good young QBs on the roster". No. We have a high draft pick who royally shit the bed against his first test. Aside from that Leon TD, that was the worst performance imaginable short of seriously injuring himself. He looked absolutely dreadful. However, it was great to see him smiling and shaking it off after the game. He'll learn from it. Then, we have the backup who really hasn't shown an ability to lead this team, but also looked decent tonight. Then we have the usual rah rah light it up 3rd stringer. Hardly awe inspiring there.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think Ryan has a tough call. I think he has to name a starter, probably today, and neither of them deserve it based on last night. What I don't think Ryan will do is pull a Mangini and wait until 30 minutes before the last pre-season game to name one.

#33 Don, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

agreed, Clemens seems the safer bet at this point. You can see that Sanchez is going to be a great player, but right now, in a real game situation I am much more confident in Kellen Clemens. Yeah clemens threw a bad INT, Sanchez' was still worse. at least KC had his arm impededby Ngata and couldn't follow through so the ball didnt go to the outside shoulder. Sanchez just threw his at Ngata. Granted Ngata deserves credit for making the grab and outrunning everybody, but a truly horrid throw by Sanchez.

after the int Clemens throws 2 pretty darn solid deep balls one to Clowney, and one to Brad Smith who coughs up the rock. I just can't believe he got a flag on the play that bailed him out a little bit. Also Britt Davis had a solid outing, that catch and run that was negated was pretty solid. The drop.... not so much.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think Sanchez looked like a rookie as did Clemens which isn't a good sign for Clemens. That INT was embarrassingly bad, that's a move a vet QB cannot make under any circumstances.

If people thought every game would be like last week for Sanchez they were kidding themselves, he was and is going to have bad moments and games. I don't care that lewis and Reed were out he showed some mental toughness by leading that TD drive even though it was mostly Leon. He also had that really nice throw to Smith where we got the penalty to bring it back. I am very encouraged by what I saw last nigth from Sanchez. he wasn't good but that was a great game and performance to learn from.

16. Justone

Justone New Member

The fact that people think that KC is a better option then Sanchez is sickning. This is a guy who couldn't beat out Chad Pennington 3 years in a row, with Pennington coming off multiple injuries. Career threatening injuries. Now he can't seem to put himself over Sanchez, a QB as everyone likes to point out had one year running the USC offense. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind would like to see KCstart the season. The only argument that makes sense is their strength of schedule to start the year, but i'm a firm believer in trial by fire and what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Sanchez has the mentality and confidence to bounce back and we saw that last night. We aren't talking about ryan leaf, david carr, and alex smith. Start sanchez and start him now, super bowl is a long shot what do they have to lose?

17. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

I think whom ever is named the starter come the season opener will struggle and probably more then likely will be replaced by the other at some point of the season...I just think that it's going to be a learning curve for the both of them all season long...(but that should be expected imho).....the jury is still out though (for me at least) to be able to name a outright starter...

18. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

The mistakes that Sanchez made are to be expected but KC in his 4th season should not be making those mistakes....there's only seconds left in the half and he tries forcing something over the middle like that is unacceptable. Name Sanchez the starter and tell KC to hold the clip board.

19. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

He did have 2 TD's .... One to Leon and One to Ngata .... They never said it was two JETS TD's ....

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The only season he was in any competition w/ Chad was last year and he never had the chance to beat out Chad b/c we got favre and by the way Chad then went on to finish 2nd in league MVP voting.