To me, all this complaining is kinda weird

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Oct 31, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Revis wasnt the most naturally gifted player (probably why he fell off the cliff after his knee injury), but what made him great is that he brought an unmatched work ethic toolbelt full of goods everytime....

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, and it may very well be that players are doing themselves a disservice in picking shoes for performance, rather than safety concerns but I haven't seen anything in any of these injury discussions that show any concerted effort to analyze the interaction between the shoes and the varied playing surfaces to enable better shoe choices.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I get the point of the thread, but there's a difference between being miserable and negative and a fatalistic mope just for misery's sake and being skittish about good fortune and grounded in reality.

There's justified jaundice eyed knee jerk statements through years of conditioning over freakish losses, dumb FO decisions, stupid and wasteful acquisitions, letting the wrong people go, overpaying the wrong turds, awful play calling, lack of decent OCs, etc. as to the latter part of that first paragraph.

Now I know fans of other teams feel the same way, but I call child's play. Our list is longer than your list! Well, it is. We'll see how the OP feels when the Jets choke away the next two games where based on yesterday's AFCE results the Jets have a true puncher's chance at the POs.

This is it. This is the proving ground. This is the time for the Jets to break their own mold. We'll re-visit this thread two weeks from now and see what the view is looking like.

To all those who complain about the complaining like everyone else is a grumpy old codger, my rightful assumption is yes, there is a glaring age difference on the monster that is greatly responsible for this. Where were you during Bubby Brister's shovel pass or fat Sam Mills running it in for a TD when the guy couldn't even walk 1 mph? Right. The defense rests. Heh. GO JETS!

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was in a pool hall. There are people who actually defend this play like it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it actually was.

5. jetophile

Which of our million debacles are you specifically referring to? Or are you just keeping it to Bubby Brister or fat Sam Mills here? This could literally run on for pages. I can make a guarantee like Joe Namath: people will look at "complaining" in a brand new light, haha.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Definitely Bubby. I’d imagine he’s in a compilation of Jets lowlights somewhere for the uninitiated.

7. jetophile

It still plays out in slow motion in my mind to this day. I can literally see it. I'm not kidding. Trauma imprints on the brain.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he was more gifted then people gave him credit for. he ran a 4.38 on his pro day and had a 95 percentile athletic score for the draft (top of all CBs) and was really strong. one of the best jamming off the line and the speed to go long. plus great awareness and ball skills. ocho cinco said revis jamming him felt like a steel bar to his chest. his film study also et him apart. he was really good at reading tendencies in Wrs to know what route they were running.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Revis was like a linebacker with cornerback closing speed. WRs never stood a chance at the line.

REVISion, Jets79 and stinkyB like this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Such an explosive return man at Pitt.
    I always wanted him to return an occasional punt for us, but they never gave that chance.

kevda5n9ne and GasedAndConfused like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

dude was definitely lumberjack strong.
    Never realized he ran that fast :cool:

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hence what everyone was saying. The ride in the four wins was fun but without a Herculean effort by the defense including a ton of forced turnovers, the wins aren’t sustainable.

“Complaining,” though.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

All I want for Christmas is a red zone touchdown

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

When you have a incompetent QB, and all around terrible offense, the great Joe Douglas! It's impossible to win consistent level.

I feel so bad for the defense

boozer32 likes this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

If we could sustain drives and, dare I say it, have leads forcing the other team to throw this def could've been great this year.
    As much as everyone says we get Rodgers back next year Huff will likely be gone, Moseley a year older, and this might be THE peak season of Quincys career

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree and it's probably the strength coach. The OL gets pushed around. The defense gets no QB pressures. Its tough to watch them

17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

So now with the benefit of hindsight would you say the Jets might have been better off doing a little pre-emptive shakeup? Couldn't have been worse right?

This wasn't exactly impossible to see coming. 6 points.

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Exactly…complaining?

I think it was calling it like we see it…

REVISion likes this.
  19. boozer32

I don't think it's the field. They don't use Astroturf anymore it's the tire pellets. They don't trap feet like the old Astroturf. Both are terrible they should just go back to grass

LAJet likes this.
  20. boozer32

Like the optimism and I get it. But this franchise is awful. They are not coached well on all levels. They don't draft well and haven't looked good since the 80s and there are a myriad of reasons and some extremely bad luck Testaverde getting injured first game of the season. The Jets were loaded and ready that year.