To All TGG Posters... Thanks for your participation and support!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jun 20, 2017.

1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Although I only average .37 posts per day over my 14 years on this site I read most of the posts. I chime in when so inclined and try to have facts to back up any ranting I do usually. It has certainly improved over the years and will always be my go to for all things Jet related.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No shit. They keep moving the goalline on me..bastards...

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm relatively new here, but have really enjoyed the (mostly) knowledgeable comments and opinions - it's why I came here originally, to learn, and I have certainly done that. Like all fans, I have strong opinions, based on the things I've been able to observe over the 50+ years I've rooted for this team. I also recognize that I'm not an expert, and have never devoted the time and energy to becoming one - there is actually life outside the Jets after all, hard as it may be for some to believe!:eek: - so being able to find a source of expert-level knowledge to aid in my understanding, and forming hopefully reasonable opinions, has been great. I appreciate the time and effort you mods put into managing this site, and dealing with people who are by nature opinionated and combative. You've done a great job of balancing all of that, and allowing fairly open discussion to occur. This is so much more informative and helpful than any of the media outlets, and I now feel like I have some understanding of what is really going on with this team that I've rooted for against all common sense. Thank you for all your work guys, and thanks too to all the posters I've engaged with, even those with whom I've disagreed - you might not realize it but you've helped me develop more open-mindedness, which in turn allows me to learn more.

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I come here for the "Russian Bride" links, but some of you are pretty decent to hang out with... some of ya are kinda assholeish.

Thanks to the warden and tower guards for putting up with us.

Royal Tee, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  5. Cman68

Just so you know, I got a new scope for my .308...

Bellows1 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Thanks to you guys for keeping us here. Perhaps now might be the right time to invite back some of those dearly (and not so dearly) departed. A general amnesty may be in order to see if some guys who added a lot but were big pains in the ass might have learned just enough to be a little more respectful to the group. This may require some kind of double secret probation and short leashes but maybe it could be done in memory of the recently departed brother Flounder. We're going to need all the help we can get to make it through the coming season, let's open the doors.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving us a great place to come and discuss our beloved Jets .

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who did you have in mind?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, two interesting guys who sometimes lost control of themselves were Junc (the statistical robot) and the Syracuse guy who I think was a lawyer and also a lilliputian but was great with a bruleed goat cheese (I'll never forget old what's-his-name.) They were both amusing and mostly less antagonistic than some others who survived.

We're all adults here so it should be easy to have some decent conversations, even about controversial matters, without the abusive language and personal attacks some fall back on when their inability to prove their point gets the better of them. It seems to me volume is way down on posting; I don't know whether that's because a lot of guys have been bounced or the childish nonsense has driven many away. Or maybe volume is up and my perception is off - who knows?

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree.

#bringbackjunc
    #freestokes

11. 101GangGreen101

Oh and bring back Soxxx also.

12. Cman68

ummm....not gonna happen.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Jessie?

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Thanks, Cman and everyone who posts here. Yeah, these are pretty dark times in the history of this team and the upcoming season is shaping up like nothing to brag about. Quite honestly, I don't even remember the last time when expectations for an upcoming season were as low as this year.
    In any case, this forum is still alive, although not anywhere close to where it was in its heyday. People move on, some stop following the Jets as closely when they are as shitty, some, as in my case, are just too busy to be on as much anymore. But I still hope that one day I'll see this team go all the way :)
    This is going to be season #18 on this message board. Here's to many more to come!
    Thank you!

Cman68, Ralebird, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I believe stokes left of his own accord after his ban. I liked the li'l bugger tho. :D I'll pass on junc, but soxxx I'll take. :)

Is Abyzmal banned?

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

TGG helped me sway AFN voting on Facebook so the Jets would be on TV every week instead of the Cowboys. Afghanistan may be a miserable place, but at least I got to watch the Jets.

KurtTheJetsFan, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Such as? .

18. 101GangGreen101

I take it you didn't like Soxxx the most?

19. Cman68

Actually, whom I liked or disliked really didn't come into play. Who the biggest PITA was and who garnered the most complaints did.

#39 Cman68, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  20. Cman68

She kinda got run off the board. She simply stopped posting here like 98% of all women that have ever posted here.