TJ Duckett Discussions. MERGED.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mavericknyc1980, Aug 16, 2006.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I really hope we can make a Duckett for J-Mac trade...makes sense for both teams.....

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

I am interested to see Duckett as a feature back, a chance he never got in atlanta because of Dunn.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He was a 1st round pick and has started 13 games in 4 years, has 2175 rushing yards in 4 years and his best single season he went for a whopping 779 yards. That is underacheiving at its finest right there and you would be lying if you told me as a Falcons fan that you did not expect more from him being a 1st round pick RB. I do think out of all the mediocre RBs that have been connected to the Jets he has the most potential but no way in hell in the Jets situation am I giving up a 3rd round pick for an underachieving RB.. Now if we are talking about a JMAc for Duckett swap that is a different story altogether..

4. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

5. hendersg

hendersg New Member

we're they thinking of Oscar Robertson???

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Does this mean we're going to be inundated with moron Falcon trolls again?

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

They wouldn;t get D-Rob from us. And I don;t even know if I would want Duckett....its not like he is another Bus or something. He was good at Michigan State, but I just don't think he can live up to that calibre here.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't know if I like Duckett. I preferred Suggs.

9. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I think we've all seen enough of Duckett to know what he's capable of....

Duckett is a powerful back, but he's got very little break away speed because of his size. He'd probably make a solid goal line / short yardage back for the Jets, but nothing more...

Looking at what's available, what other better options are there really?? Not sure if he'd be a long term solution, but at least you're safe when it comes to passing a physical....

10. mwjr

mwjr New Member

You guys are underestimating Duckett's speed. He's no Darrell Green, but he's got very good speed for his size. Excellent straight line speed.

#30 mwjr, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2005
  11. mwjr

mwjr New Member

He's playing behind someone who fits the running scheme much better than he does. It's not about underachieving. It's about lack of opportunity (playing behind Dunn) and fit (he's not a one-cut slasher type).

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I just don't like giving up a 1st day pick for a guy who seems a lot like Houston but doesn't seem like he'd be much of an upgrade over Houston. I'd rather keep the pick and just go with what we've got. That being said, if it was a second-day pick, I'd go for it, since Duckett, as a former 1st rounder, has the potential to be better than Houston.

13. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Would you prefer Barlow or Duckett? Personally I like Barlow because he's been featured and has some upside whereas Duckett seems to be a perfect thunder to someone's (Leon Washington?) lightening.

14. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I just had to comment that your sig and Avy dont match! :grin:

15. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Jets' current OL's is made to pull on running plays not pushing DL's five yards off the LOS. Jets need someone who is more shifty in order to fulfil their investment on Dabrick and Mangold. I would like the Jets to acquire Chris Perry if possible. He had 51 reception last season and he has very good size at 6-0 220 lbs.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm not a big Duckett fan because I'm not really a fan of huge runningbacks. I thought he was taller than 6'0", though, so finding out he's only that tall is good. I'd trade a 4th for him certainly. A 3rd I'd be a little leery about.

Perry isn't going anywhere.

17. Attackett

When Falcons management spent a 1st round pick on him did you expect more than a change of pace RB??

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Why did Atlanta draft Duckett in the first place then? Was Mora the coach yet?

I think I would deal a 3rd for him just because he's got the skills and has had some success. But this isn't a guy we can move a spare part like Strait for, which kind of sucks.

19. Attackett

Trading a 3rd for Duckett would be as bad as any deal Bradway has made with the Jets.. IMO it would be worse than the JMac deal..

20. dawggjet

dawggjet Member

JMac and a 6th rounder