Time to quit bitchin..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Let me clarify what I meant.. Bitching is a God given right to anyone unfortunate enough to be a Jet Fan. My issue is bitching over the same 3 things over and over and over again. Zach, Saleh, JD and now Hackett. That's it with a sprinkling of the mausoleum the team calls home. None of these things are going to change anytime soon so it just seems to be a titanic waste of time and energy coming up with new ways to complain about the same old shit.

Wait for them to either succeed or crash and burn. THEN open fire as you have something new to complain about if they fall flat again or God Forbid, crash the second half of the season. Until then, take a breather. Find the other things in your lives that need attention. When does bitching become whining? When its the same exact thing over and over again you're bitching about.

Y'all know I'm the furthest thing from a sunshiner possible, but reading the same complaints and backup points over and over again is nauseating at times. The facts are what they are. No amount of bitching will change that. Change comes from winning so lets see if they actually do win. If they don't.......

Acad23, burf, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Does this have anything to do with trying to attract more members? I know there has been a push on social media. Probably not a good look for someone new checking in and seeing the amount of bitching and moaning that goes on here. Let's face it. New members for TGG are not coming from the "I've been a fan for 50 years!" crowd. Probably not a bad idea to exhibit a little positivity

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I wish I could give this 100 likes. Well said.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No bitching from me. If things so sideways, there will be a regime change. It's something we are used to by now.

BrowningNagle, Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Seems like the league profits more from the Jets and some of the other usual suspect bottomfeeders being slapped around like someone's bitch than actually having these teams win. Like someone mentioned, the heroes of tomorrow need someone to beat up on a continuous basis to pad their legacies. Why would the NFL change a formula that is working well and is imperceptible to those who buy into all this scripted nonsense without fail?

Kind of amusing to see people being triggered year after year by all this fabricated drama. Obviously, the league has the advantage of not having to deal with the most intelligent consumer base out there.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i dont mind bitching when it's warranted. but jets fans have this special habit of complaining about something all season and then bitching about everything that becomes an option to replace it. it's really unique.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

lol
    Yeah I get it, but honestly the bitching has been warranted more often than not in the last 50 years, right?

I mean, it IS possible that (a) the current situation being bitched about sucks and deserves to be ridiculed, AND (b) the replacement option the Johnsons bring forth ALSO sucks just as bad and thus ALSO deserves to be bitched about

that was the case with the Idzik to Mac transition, going from one out of left field choice to another. It was also the case with the Bowles to Gase transition…going from one awful HC to an even worse one.

so while I appreciate the sentiment about enough with the bitching already, I guess my feeling is if this team continues to do stupid shit that half this board would’ve nixed, and when most of the time this board has proven to make better decisions than the team actually made, I’d say yeah…the bitching is warranted.

seriosuly…how many drafts have we had to endure where we would’ve gone a different way and were proven right. I don’t think too many here were in favor of the Gholston pick, or the Dwayne Robinson trade up, or the Jamal Adams pick. We can go on and on

Hackett is just the latest decision that just doesn’t scream homerun. It has as much chance of totally failing as it does of succeeding…so yeah we fans are fed up. Unfortunately there’s not much we can do outside of not going to games or buying merch and bitching

westiedog1 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

some bitching is warranted.

bitching we have no QB, then scoffing at every vet QB option is not.
    bitching we need an experienced OC, then scoffing at every realistic option including the one we hired is not.

the above are only the most recent examples. this is every single season.

westiedog1 likes this.