Time to change the Org Chart...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We've been seeing this nonsense ever since Woody the foot powder billionaire trust fund baby bought the team. You have the GM and the HC as peers who both report to the owner. For other teams, this works. For the Jets? It doesn't work yet we do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. It's called insanity in medical circles, but its called the Jet philosophy in Florham Pk.

Until someone like a Steve Cohen buys the Jets and forces the Johnsons into becoming silent partners, nothing is going to change. It won't matter who the HC is. It won't matter who the GM is. The results will be the same year in, year out..

Chris Johnson may think he's a football savant, but he's not. He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but zero football acumen. He makes these decisions based on his gut, not on football experience as there's no one in the building for him to call on. The result? We get Adam Gase instead of Mike McCarthy. We get John Idzik and Mike MacCagnan instead of a known GM with a winning resume.

Woody is under the impression that having both the GM and HC as peers works yet he ignores the evidence right in front of him. Chris Johnson can't admit he blew another hire either.

In short, JD can be here another 20 years but until he's given the authority to hire HIS guy as HC, or has a VP of Football Ops with a similar vision coupled with a successful resume, nothing will change. The Jets will continue losing and excuses will continue to be made.

Its time for the Johnson to step back from the day to day operations and hire someone who has the experience to run the entire show. All the Johnsons should be doing is counting the cash and jet setting around the globe. That someone is NOT Chris Johnson and its certainly not Adam Gase.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Mike Mcarthy just pulled off a miracle and Dak threw for 450 yards.Ive never seen Gase do anything close to this.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep... Team was ready to play and did not quit.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

How is Chris Johnson or any Johnson for that matter, qualified to make football decisions?

Get out of the way!

Give the keys to someone who understands football and football operations.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe Cohen can buy the Jets too.

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jets are in a whole world of trouble right now. There is no progress in the rebuilding process in the last two years. New ownership would be great. Unfortunately the Draft picks and FA pick ups are not shedding any bright spots for us for the future right now. We can continue to say no supporting casts, that’s BS. Other guys in other teams are stepping up when giving the opportunity.

rickjet and AndyDrums like this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I actually disagree with this. The two most important picks of the last two years were the two best Jets on the field today, both looking like cornerstone types. Quinnen especially looked like an All-Pro, and Becton had been giving lots of indication that he's exactly who they wanted him to be when they chose him a few months ago.

We're literally 8 days into Douglas' first draft class playing actual games and the crown jewel looks legit. And they're set up so that if they ARE the worst team in the league they have a ton of capital in the coming draft to do a major overhaul.

This Jets team doesn't deserve my Sundays, but I don't see the present situation as the dire straits you're describing.

dmw, BomberJet, alleycat9 and 5 others like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Johnsons were born on third base, stole second, and think they hit a home run.

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Where is the Jets 'braintrust'?

I'm watching other games they show shots of other owners, executives at the game.

I don't remember seeing any shots of Jets ownership or Douglas at the Jets first two games.

They need to come out of hiding.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

They won't come because it would rain tomatoes and onions thrown on them by the fans

Better to continue the Con quietly and the gritfting behind the scenes>>>bums

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Trade Darnold/Gase to Cards for Murray/Kingsbury

Savatage likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's definitely looking like I was wrong about Kingsbury. I thought he'd be an absolute bust in the NFL. He's looking like the real deal.

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past time to change the org chart. In fact, it NEVER should have been set up that way. The Johnsons knew they didn't know jack about football. I don't think they ever even watched a football game before Woody bought the Jets. From the get-go, they should have hired a quality football man and had him run the team. To some extent, they did that when they hired Tuna, but when he bailed, they didn't hire another, instead going with a whole string of rookie GMs and HCs.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think one of them is in England. That's what I heard, anyway.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ive felt the ownership was the problem for quite some time. i honestly havent ever liked a single one of their hires. didnt like herm, didnt like mangini, didnt care for rex, didnt like bowles and absolutely hated this hire. they have swung and missed over and over and over again.

bradway, tannenbaum, macagnan, idzik. all of them dogshit. at least bradway had an idea of what talent looked like, tannenbaum had an idea of how the cap worked but none of them have been proficient at the job.

the hiring processes have been pitiful, consultants and helpers and guys in the know.

and lets not even get started on this turd of a stadium that they built. and what they put us jets fans through in that bullshit process.

the new york jets are a total of 148 - 172 with 1 division title since 2000 and that team was 9-7

its pitiful and i really cant stand even watching them at this point. sadly i will call for the coaches head again, but i am confident they will not find the right guy to do the job so it really doesnt even matter.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow! 2000-2011 was mostly successful, so the last 9 years have had to be completely brutal to end up 24 games under .500. And they have been.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they were mediocre

herm 01-05 39-41
    mangini 06-08 23-25
    rex 09-14 46-50
    bowles 15-18 24-40
    gase 19-20 7-11

so its actually 26 games under .500 wikipedia didnt give gase credit for this year yet. overall we have been nothing more than middling. herm had good years and bad but was in general average, mangini was just a bit under as well. even rex who had us the most relevant only really had 1 solid season at 11-5.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Just LOL at these clowns giving Gase the keys to the castle.

Hopefully the humiliation the Johnson's feel after having to fire the Gase this year will humble them to get the fuck out of the way going forward.

Just imbeciles.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Go focus on corporate things like marketing, or improving vendors at the stadium...

Get out of football operations.

Enough is enough.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fuck, I am so mad.

alleycat9 and The Dark Knight like this.