Tim Tebow, the worst handled Jet in history

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 29, 2013.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Just what the title says.

This was such a low point for this organization, and they should really feel ashamed for the way they handled it.

Whether you like or dislike Tebow the fact is he should've never been treated like this. He should've never been brought in as what, just someone to increase sales, a sideshow, a gimik? Because it certainly wasn't for competition.

He was never once considered by Rex or anyone in the front office to be the actual backup and this made us look like a joke (all season really) when we started McElroy over him. Honestly I believe he would've out played Sanchez last year and the thought of his success and actually having to move forward with him scared them more than losing.

I just hope, and actually believe John Idzik will bring some dignity back to this organization.

(my 2¢)

2. BleedGreenDaily

Tebow was a big blame... If he could throw he would have been better then 3rd on chart. If he wasn't stubbern he could have tried a different position (can't catch anyway).
    I put all blame on Tebow himself in the end he just wasn't good enough.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did you ever consider that maybe Tebow sucked so bad in practice that their was no reason to consider starting him over Sanchez or even McElroy? Of course not, it must be a big conspiracy against tebow. :rolleyes:

Don't blame Tebow, blame everyone else.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

The point people miss, is that Tebow and his handlers are in part to blame for this. They took on a philosophy of generating as much exposure as possible. he even chose New York over Jacksonville because of the "platform" it provided. Of course, a bunch of idiots took his college success, and his too good to be true persona, and fell in love with the guy. They got too emotionally invested in his NFL success to look at him ojectively, hence, they think every game began 55 minutes into the game and ended at 60 or in OT. They seem to think the Pittsburgh game in the playoffs was the only game that was played in 2011.

All this whining about how Tebow was treated needs to stop. He helped make that bed. He only recently figured that out when he kept a low profile on the training he was doing in Arizona, but he is really about 3 years too late for that.

NFL is a brutal and cold business, and there are far more QBs to come and go in this league who TRULY "never got a shot." Nobody shed a tear for those untertalented QBs, and few would for Tebow either if he was a relatively unknown rather than glossed by the media as some "feel good" story.

If he could throw worth a shit, he'd either still be a jet, or someone would have traded a bag of peanuts to get him. His biggest problems finding a job start with that. You guys wanna complain, then direct the comments to Tebow. tell him to cancel a few more of his speeches and appearances and learn how to pass.

He stands only a slightly better chance of being picked up by another team than "I" do. It is time to be honest about why. he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Struggles to grasp a basic passing offense because he's as dumb as a brick. He brings too much distraction due to media fascination and idiots who actually think he's the best QB on any given roster. They honestly think tatoos have more to do with him not starting, and think coaches are afraid he'd actually win so they don't put him out there. They actually believe all that crap is more believable than maybe the guys seeing him EVERY FUCKING DAY see what he does and think he's a suckwad not worthy of starting time.

#4 Concerned_Citizen, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  5. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Let this be his euology as a jet...well said

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Completely agree with this. This should be a pretty good object lesson for attention whores everywhere.

7. BleedGreenDaily

Tebow is a piece of garbage stubborn kid. Nothing else to be said.

8. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

This is Tim and his handler's faults. They picked NY for the bigger, non-football platform. The more you learn about Tim and his family, it makes you think they thought the starting job would eventually become Timmy's right. He and his crew mistakenly thought they would take the NY media by storm and Tim's stalled progress would not be a barrier to him starting. They must have bought the BS that his 9-7 record was a result of his belly fire and would simply carry over to the Jets. I would blame his fans for this, if they were more honest with their criticisms, Tim may not have a misguided sense of his own talent. He was being used to the best of his abilities by the Jets, but he was frustrated because he does not acknowledge his own limitations. Tim has a nation-wide legion of "yes" men who may very well kiss his ass right out of pro football. They have no one to blame but themselves even though they will never see it that way, no big deal, NFL people whose livelihoods depend on this stuff know better.

9. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

If he is still playing next year, he will still be judged by what the coaches see him do today (not in 2008 against Ole Miss). His performance ain't pretty and so shan't the result be.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Hey don't make it out like I think Tebow is great and I'm his biggest fan. I simply stated I think he could've out played Sanchez in 2012, period.

I'm just shedding light on how shitty our organization treated all of this.

Such as, the hype when we signed him with a press conference for a backup QB, all the secretive "hush, hush" talk about him being used in the offense, and he was labeled the backup from day one and that never changed all year. So you can say "oh he sucks, and they got to see him in practice sucking" blah blah blah, the fact remains he was listed as the backup on the depth chart, not Greg McElroy. If he sucked so bad then why was listed as the backup?

That's just my point about this whole fiasco. It was all based on ticket sales and media attention, it was freaking retarded. If you want to turn a blind eye to that then be my guest, but I'm not a blind homer who thinks it was ALL Tebow and the great high and mighty Jets organization is never at fault.

Tebow also did say he would do whatever he could to help the team. Remember how he gained all that weight to play H-back or whatever the fuck they were blowing smoke about. So you can hardly say he wasn't willing to switch positions.

I think it sucks how they treated him sure, but this isn't about that it's about this organization acting like ass clowns and making everyone, fans included look bad and it pisses me off. Sure they sold tickets and jerseys and got lots of media attention, and it made them a ton of money from this political based signing, but the fans didn't recieve any revenue for them humiliating the team I love more than any other team in all of sports and it pisses me off they would disgrace the Jets name like that for hype and money.

#10 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Be careful. Unless you are negative on Tebow, you are considered to believe his is a HOF QB. Doesn't really matter anymore though... at least not in this forum.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you didn't read the title before coming in this "If he could throw worth a shit, he'd either still be a jet, or someone would have traded a bag of peanuts to get him. His biggest problems finding a job start with that. " could just as easily been written about Sanchez who I suspect will have just as hard a time finding his next job.

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Sanchez is jsut the same story, different chapter. His days are numbered too.

But just because Sanchez sucked, doesn't neccessarily mean Tebow is better.

Someone said Tebow was more likely to make lemonade out of this roster. I doubt it. He'd tuck it in and run at the first sign of trouble, defense would limit his mobility, make him beat them with his arm, you'd be lucky to win more than 3 games now that the league has seen him for a season.

A REALLY easy week for a defnesive coordinator. Just don't go TOO overboard like Pittsburgh did, and actually bother to cover the receivers, and you should be fine.

14. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I don't believe Tim can outplay the shittiest of shits that is Mark Sanchez. That is how bad Tim is/was, Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy should not start in the NFL and Tim is worse than them. The Jets played the best QBs they had on the roster all year.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How did the word "handled" get inserted into the title?

16. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I would still happily take him over Sanchize the worst QB in the NFL.

With the pathetic, atrocious QB play of last year, I can't believe anyone would knock Tebow. Tebow never played any meaningful downs the entire year.And when he last played full time ball, he was playing MUCH BETTER THAN SANCHEZ, who was losing to him, by throwing pick 6's.

The Jets should have never made the trade. Rex never liked him. After the Broncos game, in typical, classless, CLOWN fashion, Rex feigned praise of Tebow by comparing him to Brad Smith. It was an obvious jab at a guy who had just torched your "vaunted D" for the game wining score after your own QB threw the game away.

But yet, there was Rex last year hyping up the use of Tebow all over the field. There was Rex declaring a media blackout for super double secret confidential practices, so we could install our Tebow package. There was Rex bragging that he told Tebow to gain 15 lbs of muscle for all the playing he'd be doing. There was Rex saying the Tebow Wildcat was going to give D coordinators fits.

Rex made the hype and then proved to be a fraud out of the gate. When a coach speaks like this before the season starts, how can the media not ask after each game, "when are we going to see all this Tebowmania you spouted off about all pre-season?" Rex is a fraud. He lied to the fans, the media and to Tebow.

And was so stubborn about looking dumb he'd rather give Tebow zero snaps at the end of the season then even give him a chance to do something once Sanchez went down.

So again, Tebow, I wish you all the best. He was all class despite being jerked around all year. And they still jerked him around by waiting until after the draft to cut him. But he will get signed by someone as a backup. And just like my man Revis, I'll be rooting for him!

17. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Wow.

The Jets get to TWO CONSECUTIVE AFCCGs with Sanchez, yet he's the shittiest QB in the history of the NFL?

Really?

Get a grip, Tebow-ners. Your boy can't cut it in the NFL. He's just not a very good QB. He really ought to grab that offer from the Orlando Predators with both hands and never let go. Because that's as good as it's going to get for lil' Timmy.

He won't even make the CFL.

He's C-R-A-P.

Accept that fact and move on with your lives...

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

winner

byetebowfiller