Thoughts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisOfNazareth, Jan 24, 2010.

1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Wow. What a run. It took until the intro to the game for it to really kick in that the Superbowl was 60 minutes away.

I'll tell you that 6 weeks ago, none of us saw this coming. Unfortunately, just like the Jets of old, last minute, late injuries stacked up to hurt us in this one. The entire team was playing banged up. Not to say the same isn't true about everyone still left, but hell..when you've got two starters playing with casts on their hands, well you get it.

The point is, we're going to be great next year. Sanchez has adjusted to the speed of the game very well. He's made a lot of good progress as far as educated throws. Statistically today, Sanchez showed that he means business. 1 INT at the very end, yeah, but that's where you gotta remember he's a rookie.

We're gonna be coming into next year pumped and ready for glory. I hope this doesn't prove to be history repeating itself right after Vinny's 98 run, because if it doesn't, we're going to do what we should have done over a decade ago.

2. titan999

titan999 Active Member

All the Jets can do is construct as strong a team as possible, and put themselves in a position to win the AFC East and, hopefully, HFA in the playoffs. The NFL is too unpredictable to say that anyone will be great next year.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm proud of our team.
    We never would have dreamed at the beginning of the season it would end like this. We all would have signed up for this in a heartbeat had we been asked in august or september.
    I saw our QB grow into a man these last 6 or so games. We really have a good one in this kid. It's as if a switch went off inside his head and he just gets it now.
    Shone Greene is gonna be GREAT!
    Defense is coming on but not as good as advertised if you ask me. We'll add some key guys over FA and steamroll em next season.
    This team has grown tight this season and with a closeness like that and some solid playmakers on both sides of the ball, plus the coaching staff growing together, i think we have the makings of a team that is gonna be in the mix for a long time.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Great run. I have so much pride for this team. I just hope we have a good offseason and come out strong next season. GO JETS

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My Thoughts

First off, great season.This maybe one of my favorite Jets teams.Its good to see the qb position will more than likely be stable for the foreseeable future.I think the talent around M.S. is solid.The line has some age but not enough to warrant any panick.If leon comes back healthy this should be an above average passing attack.You have to believe he would be catching those dump-offs T-rich was catching.
    On defense,we truly missed Jenks in this game.Pouha is good against the run,however he's not the pass rusher Jenks is.Peyton gets the ball off too fast for the edge blitz to be effective.If we woulda had Jenks in there with Harris blitzing behind him i think we slow them down a little more.So add Jenks and another cb and I think this team will be in for a good run of play-off appearances.If that can happen we may just bust out and win the whole thing.Anyway my 2 cents.Thanks for the great year i really love this board and look forward to the draft and f.a. talk.

6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what's tough. It's not like we get a head start next year and a chance to pick right up where we left off. There are a lot of other teams that will improve and become serious obstacles to our success.

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

My thought is that Peyton is the best in the game and the Colts are the best team in the game right now. The Jets put up a good fight but they just aren't there yet. I'm not overly disappointed - proud of this team and what they accomplished this year. If we can keep our coaching stuff and core group of players together for a few years, this team could be something special.

8. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

My thoughts .....#30 suxs. I can't complain about anything other than Revis needs help opposite him. Some are sure we will draft a WR 1st but I believe that we need another top notch CB and it showed today. Sanchez is going to win a SB, hopefully within the next 3 years from now.