Thoughts and Prayers Department

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ralebird, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Guns are bad, but we already knew that. It's just that there's a very effective marketing organization for the gun industry that has done everything they can to obscure the issue for generations.

Like the Tobacco lobbyists if there's a hell they're already cooked.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I wish I could have typed this because it's better than anything I ever could have written... check out the connections to the Moons and Shinzo Abe's assassination

I know and work with a lot of LDS so I try to keep my thoughts about them private when around them but I don't know any who post here and you nailed it. The entire religion is based on a con man criminal who lied to people about being able to read ancient Egyptian scripts that even archaeologists of the day could not decipher. They have their own planet that they go to and the whole magic underwear thing. I briefly dated a Mormon girl who had half her family stop talking to her because she left her husband. Why did she leave him? Because he was a closet drunk who beat the shit out of her but according to the church and half her family she was supposed to work through that. It's amazing what people will grasp to and are willing to kill for simply because they don't want to believe that when you die that's it. I hope I'm wrong but when the day comes that I become worm food it goes dark and there is nothing else after that. I don't believe in any of that stuff and I guess my feelings are I don't need a book to tell me not to kill or rape despite the fact that the entire first part of that book is full of nothing but death and violence. The idea that I'd hate a gay person simply because a book full of fairy tales supposedly tells me to is ludicrous.

Then I look at that crook Joel Osteen... imagine thinking he's a good dude or is in favor with anything God would want his children to be?

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So political discussion is banned... but shitting on religion is allowed?

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ever read Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer? Holy shit what a freakshow.

5. Barry the Baptist

No but I just looked it up... yikes

Don't get me wrong, almost all the Mormons I know are very nice people, most are good family people and I've always gotten along with them but there are a lot of dirty secrets that unless you know "Jack Mormons" they do a good job of keeping secret. A few years ago a black basketball player was kicked off the BYU basketball team because he "floated" with his girlfriend. Apparently multiple white players did the same but only one player was kicked off the team for violating the honor code. Provo is a beautiful town but there is a reason those who are familiar with it call it Provostan.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Didn't read it but it was made into a good mini series on Hulu recently

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, it may not be mainstream Mormonism but a glib sect leading doomsday prophet seems to be pretty responsible for the death of his first wife, his newer brother in law and two of his stepchildren. His wife is now getting her day in court for at least three of those murders. Just Google "Lori Vallow Daybell" for all the nasty details but be forewarned it could keep you tied up for a long, long time if you haven't heard about it before now.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  9. Barry the Baptist

10. Barry the Baptist

The Warren Jeffs stuff is incredible

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Another crazy one out of Idaho. That state is really trying to put itself on the map lately.

12. Barry the Baptist

I used to live there but in Eastern Idaho, generally not too bad. It's pretty and quiet. Close to Yellowstone and the best fly fishing in the country but something about that state. These murders were in Rexburg which is actually pretty close to where I used to live in Idaho Falls

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I watched a documentary on Amazon about Idaho. Seems like a beautiful place with many different landscapes. One day I’ll get out there and see these places.

14. Barry the Baptist

It's really beautiful, from the Tetons to the Palouse and everything in between, if you like mountains and sharp bending rivers it's a great place to visit. Idaho Falls was about the only "city" between Salt Lake and Helena, Montana or about 500 miles. Montana is another beautiful state and little more sane.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

The man accused of fatally shooting five people, including a mother and her 9-year-old son, in a Texas home has been taken into custody after a dayslong manhunt, two law enforcement sources told CNN.

The arrest was made in the town of Cut and Shoot, Texas, according to a federal law enforcement source. Cut and Shoot is roughly 17 miles west of Cleveland, Texas, where the killings took place.

Francisco Oropesa, 38, is accused of carrying out the massacre Friday night after neighbors asked him to stop firing his rifle so close to their home, officials have said. Investigators had initially started tracking Oropesa using his cellphone but said that trail went cold Saturday evening and they had no information about his whereabouts since then.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Increased gun laws hardly make sense when the current rules are ignored.

That's my thought.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think that speaks to the mentality of the people that we all deal with in any and all walks of life. I don't mean the ones who are nuts, I don't mean the ones who are law abiding, I mean the ones who are gonna do whatever the hell they want no matter what any law says. Basically that's what I understood you to mean as well.

You know the type. They see a sign that says no smoking and they light up a cigarette. "There's no smoking." "So? I want a cigarette." o_O

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was addressing the lawbreakers as well as the lawmakers.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah. I never understood for instance how you get a pistol permit in New York and it's good in Utah where you've never been in your life and then you drive from New York to New Jersey and you're in big fat trouble if you get pulled over but if you make it to Pennsylvania, you're cool. o_O